• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Gear Thread - Pics

Man of Honour
Some of my babies -

79 American Fender Stratocaster
Yamaha something or other
70's Yamaha SG2000
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Jackson PS2
Steinberg Spirit bass

collection.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Andelusion said:
Nice :) (Would choose my Jem any day though :D) What's the body made out of on those Parkers? I really want to try one, they look so cool, would be interesting to see how they sound though as the bodies don't look to have that much mass.

I tried one of those Parkers at a music shop the other week (the Nitefly model with the pickguard - Nitefly SA, iirc), just picked it up for an unplugged strum and now I'm in love with the things. The one I was messing about with felt amazing, and I really want one. :p

I love the Fly Supreme too, but it's over £3k. :eek:

Man of Honour
"What's the body made out of on those Parkers? I really want to try one, they look so cool, would be interesting to see how they sound though as the bodies don't look to have that much mass."

It weighs in just over 4 pounds, lightest electric guitar ever made I'll have you know :cool:

The body depends on what model it is, from mahogany to basswood.

tTz said:
I tried one of those Parkers at a music shop the other week (the Nitefly model with the pickguard - Nitefly SA, iirc), just picked it up for an unplugged strum and now I'm in love with the things. The one I was messing about with felt amazing, and I really want one. :p

I love the Fly Supreme too, but it's over £3k. :eek:

Niteflys (As you can tell from my name) are immence as well, but avoid parker single coils like the plague. Sound very weedy. Slightly fatter neck than the 'real thing', and nowehere NEAR as sexy. Everyone has to try a real parker! It should be a law! I just cry with pain going near anything else. Wooden fret board indeed, pfft!

Oh, and to answer the other question they are generally bright guitars. Avoid anything made before 2001 (I think) with the plague. Although the company changed hands, the dimarzio pickups were completely overhauled and sound so much better than before. I have tried side by side with two made, one in 1997, on in 2002.

I chose the 2002 ;)

Any more parker lovers out there?

Man of Honour
IIRC they have those :D New signature model of some (Really really ugly) guy coming out, its bright orange! Maybe the double ugliness cancles out? :confused:

Soldato
Neon said:

Lovely kit - just one thing here - are you keeping that B8 ride? I can't stand the B8's myself, as a semi-pro aren't you going to upgrade it?

My advice for rides -> Paiste 2oo2 rides. Amazing. 20" one is sweet, 24" one is just amazing :D

Soldato
here are my guitars.

i have a weird sorta hybrid strat which in essence i built myself. it has a fender body, fender pickups but they dont match. custom pickups. re-sprayed the body. bought a new scratch plate. it has a 1978 antoria neck and imo it plays like an absolute dream, but then.. i would think that..

my martin 00axce (i think) just one of the newer (not so good) martins. i do like it a lot though. but would prefer an old D-18 tbh.

and my danelectro dc silver sparkle bass. build poorly (danelectro) but plays and sounds good to naffa. so im happy :)

my oldskool fenton weil amp. ive been told its pre 1963. it sounds nice and has a tremelo pedal so it must be good ;) and my torque bass amp.. which is pretty bad. ive had it since i started to learn around 2 and a half years ago.

ssetup7fd.jpg

not bad for a 15 year old though.. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom