Gears Of War 4 (coming to Win 10 in Oct)

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Quick question, if I buy the £49.99 version that comes with Xbox One and W10 keys, could I in theory give the Xbox key to my brother, and I use the W10 key on my PC, and both play co-op together... essentially 2 copies of the game for £25 each...

Soldato
Quick question, if I buy the £49.99 version that comes with Xbox One and W10 keys, could I in theory give the Xbox key to my brother, and I use the W10 key on my PC, and both play co-op together... essentially 2 copies of the game for £25 each...

Play Anywhere doesn't work the same like Quantum Break did. Once you buy the game digitally its tired to your account to access on both platforms. It doesn't give you a separate key to redeem on Windows 10.

So no, that wont work.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Play Anywhere doesn't work the same like Quantum Break did. Once you buy the game digitally its tired to your account to access on both platforms. It doesn't give you a separate key to redeem on Windows 10.

So no, that wont work.

Bah, thought it sounded too good to be true :p

Associate
I wanted this and got it free with a nice new shiney gtx 1070!

Really looking forward to it always loved gears especially the sp campaigns

Associate
Am i right on saying i have to get this for £49.99 and i can play it on either xbox on PC....

yet the version for xbox is £35....

Not sure on the 50 notes...

Soldato
Managed to get this cheap via the Nvidia card giveaways. Looking forward to it! I haven't played a Gears game since 3 and haven't really been following this one much at all but after seeing the launch trailer I can't wait to play it :D

Soldato
ended, thanks though :(
The other option is to buy from Singapore

Go to Microsoft site
Change region to Singapore
Buy $70 Singapore credit and redeem to account
Go to xbox site
Go to gears of war 4
Buy with credit

Will still only cost you £40. That's the way I did it

HeX

HeX

Soldato

First 20mins of GoW4, unlisted youtube vid. Shows the Prologue (training) missions, looks cool as you get to see events that happened in the Pendulum Wars, as well as missions from Gears 1 and 3 from a different perspective.

Caporegime
Looking the part, only ever played the first one, had it on both xbox 360 and pc, mainly for the brumak missions.

Those bloody sniper enemies in later levels with the bows really could be a PITA :mad:

Associate
It's because console games are traditionally higher priced, and I guess they don't want to be undercutting their faithful console gamers?

Plus if it was cheaper - Wouldn't it have to be cheaper all around, as buying one gets you access to both PC and Xbox One version now.

So savvy console gamers would just all buy the cheaper PC version to play on their consoles.

You would think they could just price it £10 higher in shops than for a digital download though, as most consumers would understand the cost of pressing a disc, manual, producing a game case and shipping them out to stores is considerably more than storing it on a cloud server for people to download.

I think with these games you buy it on one it works on both so people would just go and buy pc version and it will work on console so the pricing needs to be the same.

They can not price it higher in shops compared to digital this would be an awful move retail is very important for console market.

The disc and retail packaging costs are tiny you are looking at not even £1 transport costs add bit more but not much so if you compared retail to digital the alround cost is only few £ difference but retailers are very important at selling new games which is why they have close dealings with publishers.

If you look at sales records retail still sells lot more then digital when it comes to games.

The other option is to buy from Singapore

Go to Microsoft site
Buy $70 Singapore credit and redeem to account
Go to xbox site
Go to gears of war 4
Buy with credit

Will still only cost you £40. That's the way I did it

This is against there rules and risk is a ban Steam do the same it's really not worth risking it I have seen many records of MS baning people.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anybody know if you will be able to install this on my second drive ? as my main windows ssd if getting full.

Forza horizon wont let me move it too my 2tb HDD so was thinking this might be the same:)

Associate
That's what I don't get with Microsoft, I like that these games are coming out on the PC but they sabotage it with very high prices compared to steam

At that point... one might as well cough up a little more for the Ultimate edition, with the season pass and DLC. To me it makes no sense for the digital version to cost more, surely the physical version is worth more since the customer actually get's more items besides the game (even if it's just usually a box and a disc). But hey... let's be grateful they aren't pulling BS and adding micro-transactions on top of it too... (Halo 5 be damned).

Back
Top Bottom