• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
Sadly that’s the 1809 Windows 10 update that MS have since pulled. Not sure when it will be re-released but I installed it without any problems.

Be careful, mine installed without any problems either and thought it was perfect. It was after a few days though that I started noticing some issues. My computer powered itself off when I was away from it, so I checked the event viewer. Nothing to indicate what cause the shutdown, but, I did notice that since the update there were a lot of Red Warnings. Apart from that one shutdown the computer seemed to be working fine, but, I said I would do a spot check anyway and try a few different programs to make sure. A few apps didn't work, like Microsoft Edge. I don't use it that often, but, it wouldn't open, and I know it used to. Couldn't fix it either.

There seemed to be more and more people coming out with strange issues since updating, not just data loss.

So, I decided then too roll back. It only took ten minutes, all the warnings in the Event Viewer gone and every app is working perfectly.

Sorry for off topic, just saying you might want to roll back and wait for the fixed version.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Be careful, mine installed without any problems either and thought it was perfect. It was after a few days though that I started noticing some issues. My computer powered itself off when I was away from it, so I checked the event viewer. Nothing to indicate what cause the shutdown, but, I did notice that since the update there were a lot of Red Warnings. Apart from that one shutdown the computer seemed to be working fine, but, I said I would do a spot check anyway and try a few different programs to make sure. A few apps didn't work, like Microsoft Edge. I don't use it that often, but, it wouldn't open, and I know it used to. Couldn't fix it either.

There seemed to be more and more people coming out with strange issues since updating, not just data loss.

So, I decided then too roll back. It only took ten minutes, all the warnings in the Event Viewer gone and every app is working perfectly.

Sorry for off topic, just saying you might want to roll back and wait for the fixed version.

Cheers for that. I shall keep a close eye but so far so good. :)

Associate
So the new wolfenstein game is yet another 8+ gig vram buffer game.

Yeah I wouldnt spend £700+ on a 8 gig vram card.

I agree mostly with that video for sure, the 2080 is basically a 2070 renamed and price bumped for a bonus.
The 2080 is indeed most definitely a **70 card, and the 2080ti an **80 card when compared to all other NV generations.

Pretty shocking value when you consider the performance jump from 980ti to 1080ti was so big, and the jump from 1080ti to 2080ti is so pathetic (especially given the price)

Associate
FWIW Amazon UK are expecting stock (Ti) for MSI on 24th Oct so i guess it might be similar for OCUK, they also mentioned EVGA expected 31st

Last edited:
Caporegime
The 2080 is indeed most definitely a **70 card, and the 2080ti an **80 card when compared to all other NV generations.

Pretty shocking value when you consider the performance jump from 980ti to 1080ti was so big, and the jump from 1080ti to 2080ti is so pathetic (especially given the price)
30% is a normal generation leap. The 1080Ti to the 2080Ti is what it is and there is far more going on with the Turing cards that hasn't seen general release yet. The die size is huge.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
No question. My 1070 is around the 980ti and the 1080ti is so much better.
It would have been easily 50% better, if not for tensor and rt cores. But need to start somewhere I suppose. Let’s see how many games will make use of this stuff by end of the year.

Personally I was more excited about it all up to a week or so after launch but since my enthusiasm for the RTX stuff has nose dived severely. DLSS in its current form is a waste of time for 4K users from what I can see, hopefully they actually improve this so that it can actually do superior AA by the time the 30 series comes out. As for ray tracing, still excited about that, just more so for the future rather than now, as there is nothing to play and even if there was it would not run 4K, so another case of hoping they solve that with optimisations and 7nm for the 30 series.

Associate
Wasn't the 980ti to 1080ti decently decently more than 30%?

980Ti to 1080Ti was a process change. Without process change (12nm is just marketing) it's nearly impossible to have such an increase. We're slowly reaching the end of process changes with times between processes growing and growing. In 5 years you'll be happy to get 30% from a new gen. Can't beat physics.

Back
Top Bottom