Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election - only use the poll if you intend to vote

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 287 42.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 108 15.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 137 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you would send more money? Whose budgets would you cut?

I was commenting on you reducing all the countries that receive aid from Britain to being lazily labelled "Timbuktu" in the same way Bloom claimed all our money went to 'Bongo Bongo Land', rather than whether we should spend more or less on it.

The green party have no real idea of the real world, if they get in they want 70% recycling by 2015, they wont give me long to do it, i've done some work recently on getting my Council from 36% to 50% it was estimated to cost around £3m more per year, to get to 70% you are talking, two weekly refuse, free garden waste, weekly food waste and as many items as can be recycled get recycled, it would cost a fortune across the Country, I don't know where they think the money will come from.

Thanks for all the posts and a bit of banter has been fun but got to dash.

I was commenting on you reducing all the countries that receive aid from Britain to being lazily labelled "Timbuktu" in the same way Bloom claimed all our money went to 'Bongo Bongo Land', rather than whether we should spend more or less on it.

Yes, that sort of misses the point completely and conveniently.

The green party have no real idea of the real world, if they get in they want 70% recycling by 2015, they wont give me long to do it, i've done some work recently on getting my Council from 36% to 50% it was estimated to cost around £3m more per year, to get to 70% you are talking, two weekly refuse, free garden waste, weekly food waste and as many items as can be recycled get recycled, it would cost a fortune across the Country, I don't know where they think the money will come from.

I work in this industry and am constantly reminded that 80% of all household waste is recyclable. Currently, 20% of current waste being taken to landfill/incinerator is food so it suggest we as people can do more.

The problem is partly laziness but moreover the lack of high-tech processing plants around the country.

I certainly recycle at least 70% of my waste. We have three adults in our house and our 360 litre recycling bin is always full to brim by collection day whereas our 180L refuse bin is barely half full.

Last edited:
If true, that's a good point.

not really given we should not be having any refugees as they should have claimed asylum in France or Germany or any safe country on their route here.

by coming through all those safe countries where they are meant claim asylum they really are just immigrants not refugees.

not really given we should not be having any refugees as they should have claimed asylum in France or Germany or any safe country on their route here.

by coming through all those safe countries where they are meant claim asylum they really are just immigrants not refugees.

Its only the beginning of the exodus as well, the inundation will be palpable and dangerous eventually.

The less Government is seen to do, the more Right-wing society professes its virtues, no matter how much we have, we cant support Africa and the middle east ourselves.

Last edited:

If we're part of the EU, surely we should take our 'fair share', otherwise you are suggesting that some countries should take the vast majority purely due to their geographical location.

Her party only runs in Wales.... the maximum number of seats they can get is 40, all decided by Welsh voters. What anyone else thinks is totally irrelevant to her.

She'll have influence if one of the other party's needs the extra votes.

You're assuming the Welsh only care about the success of Wales. That's Plaid's mistake too. For Wales to be successful, the UK needs to be successful. The SNP understand this, which is why Nicola Sturgeon spent so much time talking about Scotland and the UK. Plaid seem to just want their money and aren't fussed how it's raised. It'll be interesting to see how her performance went down in Wales. I doubt she fared much better there than she did in the UK overall.

I work in this industry and am constantly reminded that 80% of all household waste is recyclable. Currently, 20% of current waste being taken to landfill/incinerator is food so it suggest we as people can do more.

The problem is partly laziness but moreover the lack of high-tech processing plants around the country.

I certainly recycle at least 70% of my waste. We have three adults in our house and our 360 litre recycling bin is always full to brim by collection day whereas our 180L refuse bin is barely half full.

wats actually wrong with food waste going to landfill doesnt it kinda help break everything down ocne its all covered over?

If we're part of the EU, surely we should take our 'fair share', otherwise you are suggesting that some countries should take the vast majority purely due to their geographical location.

IIRC the laws regarding asylum say you should seek refuge in the first safe country you come to.

not travel though many safe countries to the one with the cushiest benefits system.

if the EU wants to set up some sort of refuge distribution system then that can be looked at but atm we are not "taking our fair share" we're taking an excess because they dont want asylum in Poland or Romania or Germany where they wont get a free house they want it ehre where life is easy for them,

thats not what he asked you he said

So you would send more money? Whose budgets would you cut?

you trying to imply hes jingoist/racist just shows you don't have any real argument at all and cant answer the question.

wats actually wrong with food waste going to landfill doesnt it kinda help break everything down ocne its all covered over?

The main issue is it costs a load of £££'s to landfill waste and we are running out of room plus it gives off methane, food waste can be turned into soil conditioner or bio-gas if treated right, so separate food waste collections are pretty good all round but very expensive.

I visited a landfill site recently, they are in some places digging up what was land filled as far back as WW2 and recycling it, when I asked the guy about it they said they found papers from WW2 that you could pick up and read as if they had come from a shop, its quite scary. The site near us is ending its life, but the company have to maintain it for 25 years from capping it off.

Last edited:
The main issue is it costs a load of £££'s to landfill waste and we are running out of room plus it gives off methane, food waste can be turned into soil conditioner or bio-gas if treated right, so separate food waste collections are pretty good all round but very expensive.

fair enoguh we got one of those crpapy little silver/grey bins for food waste.

thats not what he asked you he said

you trying to imply hes jingoist/racist just shows you don't have any real argument at all and cant answer the question.

His question was irrelevant and a straw-man, hence it doesn't warrant an answer.

How does me taking objection to his pigeon-holing of poorer nations outside the UK as 'Timbuktu' anywhere near imply me saying "I think foreign aid should go up"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom