Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election - only use the poll if you intend to vote

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 287 42.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 108 15.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 137 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

V F

V F

Soldato
Wow lots of Tory scum on here! :D

The same people that have been bitching and hating what the tories have done for the last 5 years.

I will also add - I hope you tory voters are all champagne swigging millionaires (which I doubt), otherwise you fall into the category of 'poor tory' - the most self hating group of all - akin to Samuel L's character in Django! :rolleyes:

I truly find it unreal. The majority of people on here have been bitching for so long what they have done for the past 5 years. Yet the same lot that will vote them back in to whine about the same problems.

V F

V F

Soldato
there are aspects of all the parties that I don't like, but the Conservatives are probably the least bad - the economy is doing well, unemployment is down, jobs are being created, they've made cuts in spending as promised though need to cut further - then again I don't like what is happening to the NHS, privatization for the sake of it on ideological grounds is silly and not necessarily cost effective.

Hmm, unemployment is down? I guess it is if you class most on zero hour contracts. You class the current state as an economy doing well?

Why is there so much unrest with people at the moment with so many issues? If it is doing so well.

Soldato
Voting for an independent. Would never vote for any of the Northern Irish parties because they are a bunch of petty idiots that don't deserve any power at all

Soldato
The same people that have been bitching and hating what the tories have done for the last 5 years.

I truly find it unreal. The majority of people on here have been bitching for so long what they have done for the past 5 years. Yet the same lot that will vote them back in to whine about the same problems.

Very disturbing that 40%+ would vote Tory.

Just proves the point i have been making.

a) Those on the liberal left are a very vocal minority

b) They have a weird and very annoying superiority complex and seem to have a vain insight to the divine truth and way of life and that anyone who votes UKIP or Conservatives are a knuckle dragging neanderthals. You lot have no idea how conceited you guys come across to the most of us!

Soldato
Hmm, unemployment is down? I guess it is if you class most on zero hour contracts. You class the current state as an economy doing well?

Why is there so much unrest with people at the moment with so many issues? If it is doing so well.

Also the cuts that a decimating public services. I know some have no sympathy what they call 'lazy' public sector workers but you'll soon complain if the Police can't do their job or your house burns down. People here probably won't complain about the terrible state of adult social care or the tragic loss of libraries and the vast amount of low paid support workers out on their backside unable to pay their mortgage or feed their kids because they've been made to pay for fiscal mismanagement of the government and bankers.

I doubt many people here will also care about disabled people being sanctioned or families needing food banks either.

I can't vote Conservative ever again. Shame there is no strong alternative.

Caporegime
After the social and economic disaster that has been the coalition, and the Lib Dems utter betrayal of the Social Democratic wing of their party there are few options left. I'm tempted by the Greens but there's far too much of an anti-scientific streak in them for me to back them. I will vote Labour as the best of a bad bunch.

Soldato
Just proves the point i have been making.

a) Those on the liberal left are a very vocal minority

b) They have a weird and very annoying superiority complex and seem to have a vain insight to the divine truth and way of life and that anyone who votes UKIP or Conservatives are a knuckle dragging neanderthals. You lot have no idea how conceited you guys come across to the most of us!

No it shows the right wing conservative bias these forums have. Nothing more.

V F

V F

Soldato
After the social and economic disaster that has been the coalition, and the Lib Dems utter betrayal of the Social Democratic wing of their party there are few options left. I'm tempted by the Greens but there's far too much of an anti-scientific streak in them for me to back them. I will vote Labour as the best of a bad bunch.

Did you record any of the Sky News Stand Up and Be Counted debates on Monday?

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't trust Cameron, Labour will probably bankrupt us all in after one day in power, and the Green party are on another planet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dFn8RIXOBE

That interview has been extremely damaging to The Greens, just before they were knocking on 10% in the polls and making good headlines regarding member numbers, then all of a sudden they're struggling to get 7% and everyone is laughing at them.

She was politically made to "bite the cerb" by Andrew Neil on live TV, it wasn't car crash telly, it was a motorway pileup.

Soldato

I don't believe (from a long experience) that there is any more unrest now than there has ever been. I have worked from the early seventies to present day. In fact there is probably less.

There is a lot more chatter but that is due to people being connected.

V F

V F

Soldato
It isn't exactly getting better for the majority… Especially now food banks are being broken into.

Caporegime
That interview has been extremely damaging to The Greens, just before they were knocking on 10% in the polls and making good headlines regarding member numbers, then all of a sudden they're struggling to get 7% and everyone is laughing at them.

10% and 7% are within the normal margin of error for polls. You can't read anything at all into short term movements like that, and you certainly can't assign them to particular events like that. Also, remember that voters impression of an interview or debate are heavily coloured by their pre-existing views. You may feel that it was a car crash for the Greens but that doesn't mean that people inclined to vote Green did.

Soldato
i don't know, the last 5 years have been great for me Job-wise, IT industry had picked up since 2011 and is back to pre-2008 levels since 2012. My pay has jumped a 3rd since the last election and i get roughly £50 a month more in my pay packet directly due to the rising of the tax allowance. Personally the coalition has been a success to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom