Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election - only use the poll if you intend to vote

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 287 42.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 108 15.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 137 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
10% and 7% are within the normal margin of error for polls. You can't read anything at all into short term movements like that, and you certainly can't assign them to particular events like that. Also, remember that voters impression of an interview or debate are heavily coloured by their pre-existing views. You may feel that it was a car crash for the Greens but that doesn't mean that people inclined to vote Green did.

Try telling that DP that and he'll jump down your throat with super amazing stats that will predict the future 100% accuracy :D

On a serious note 3% is not a big deal when you're the cons or lab, but that's a 3rd of your voting power when you're only at 10% to begin with

shame there is no strong alternative.

You'll notice a fair few of us here aren't 100% behind the Tories. We're voting for them because there is nobody else credible. Hell, if they ran in the rest of the UK, I'd probably vote SNP as they at least appear to have a plan and the capacity to govern.

Ed and Ed are a comedy duo. They don't seems to have a plan beyond cheap-shot and sniping.

The Lib Dems are in crisis because they compromised too much in government. They are seen as having sold their soul to the devil.

UKIP... I don't really know what to think. The Europe thing puts me off, but maybe I need to look again. Some Unionists vote SNP north of the border because they feel they're the best choice. I guess this could be the same principle, though I expect their policies aren't any more moderate than the Tories'.

The Greens are a joke.

New Labour but without the excessive spending would be pretty much the ideal. I guess we're suffering from 'wrong brother' syndrome.

They shouldn't have a right to bitch about the problems if they're going to vote the same party back in that they loathe.

Can you give a couple of examples of people who bitch about the Cons and vote for them? The only ones who bitch about i see are the lentil eaters and the one that think Carl Marx is a hero ;)

You're in General Discussion and asking me this? You haven't seen the patterns for the past 5 years on this forum?

You're in General Discussion and asking me this? You haven't seen the patterns for the past 5 years on this forum?

No matter who is is government people are going to complain. Surprisingly no one is going to agree with every decision a government makes. Not to mention people love to complain!

On a serious note 3% is not a big deal when you're the cons or lab, but that's a 3rd of your voting power when you're only at 10% to begin with

No, it's not. It's a third of the polled value but the polled value is not precise, it has a margin of error of +/- 3% on most polls. If you look at every YouGov poll this year, you get Green voting intention values of 7,7,7,7,8,8,10,7,8,7,6,7,7,8,8. The three before the interview gave 8,7,7 and the three after gave 7,7,7. That doesn't point to any kind of huge shift in voting intention just normal random variation in polls. (Incidentally, I've used YouGov figures only because house effects for the different pollsters give wide variations in Green vote share).

Conservative.

The Labour leadership is a total joke, even if I identified with them, I could never vote for Ed Miliband, the guy is hopeless.

Its funny there is strong support for UKIP in places yet when someone gives them a cheap shot on a BBC program like The Last Leg, the audience clap like seals.

There must be a lot of internal UKIP supporters out there.

Its funny there is strong support for UKIP in places yet when someone gives them a cheap shot on a BBC program like The Last Leg, the audience clap like seals.

There must be a lot of internal UKIP supporters out there.

This is plainly evident of BBC bias. And it's been happening for the last 2 years. Even NF picked up on this. The night of the Clapton election when Dougless Carswell won, there was a Time Question there.

Dougless Carswell won 60%+ of the vote in that election but the Time Question audience were incredibly hostile to UKIP that night.

And yes there is a lot of internal UKIP supporters like i said people are shy to say who they vote for, hence why the poll is anonymous

No matter who is is government people are going to complain. Surprisingly no one is going to agree with every decision a government makes. Not to mention people love to complain!

Of course but more than ever now most of Britain is a whinging nation with no backbone. Followed by TL;DR and whatever.

Reading the Parliamentry report into the legal aid cuts reminds me why I couldn't vote for this Conservative party.

Chair's comments said:
"Access to justice is one of the most fundamental principles of our society, and the purpose of legal aid is to ensure that the poorest and most vulnerable people enjoy that basic right.

So it is deeply disturbing that the Ministry of Justice’s changes to civil legal aid were based not on evidence but on an objective to cut costs as quickly as possible. The Permanent Secretary told us that “the level of spend” was the "critical" factor driving the reforms.

The Ministry still does not understand what its reforms mean for people. It has little understanding of why people go to court and how and why people access legal aid in the first place, and only commissioned research into these issues in 2014 – more than a year after its reforms were implemented.

Truly shocking but also common behaviour in this government. The report goes onto to talk about the rise in people representing themselves in court. This can only lead to an increase in the number of miscarriages of justice. It's frightening how much Tory policy is implemented without concern for evidence.

Ed Milliband might not be the best leader the Labour Party has ever had but he can't be worse than this lot.

Is it possible to find your sense of humor? Thought not...and besides, i wasn't even talking to you!

My sense of humour is just fine thanks. However there have been plenty posts where you blatantly insult those with opposing views, don't see how that is funny or brings anything to the debate.

Also; Am I not allowed to respond because the post wasn't addressed directly at me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom