Poll: General election voting round 4

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 276 39.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 41 5.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 125 17.9%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 50 7.2%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • UKIP

Votes: 128 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't wait to see yet another hung Parliament which then represents no ones views....

You mean you're going to vote for a party which represents your views perfectly? If so, you're lucky!

In the last election I couldn't decide between Conservative and Lib Dem for ages. I eventually went Lib Dem but strangely I think the coalition government have ultimately represented my views better than any single party government would have. To me they have proved coalitions can work.

What the Tories say vs what they mean:

o-TORY-SAYS-VS-MEAN-570.jpg

:D

Probably not quite the response Jack was going for. Just more evidence that we shouldn't believe anything Osborne says on the "recovery" (rather, lack of), nor should the general public hold the Conservatives in such high regards when it comes to the economy.

Yup they after all were the idiots who tried to go all out Chicago School along with iirc Chile both countries economies were wrecked by the experiment.

Last edited:
I don't like this graph, look at ones for all the other countries of the world and you will find a similar trend, it is NOT just UK's fault for the slow recovery it is a global trend. This is the closest I have come across just from a quick google for USA

http://andolfatto.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/how-far-are-we-from-trend.html

You cannot blame a national governments austerity on a GLOBAL lack of recovery back to the logarithmic trend line.

I do believe austerity slowed growth but it is not the only measure and certainly not the major deciding factor of what has slowed the UK economy growth rate down when it has been reacting to far more external global recessionary measures.

They did a bit about that graph and the story behind it on cnbc this morning and surprisingly they were quite hard on the tories and osbourne in particular.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2015-32487471

Debate about defence between Lib/Lab/Con/Green/SNP.

No UKIP, despite having more support than the Greens, and defence being a key differentiating UKIP policy.

As I've said throughout the cycle UKIP are getting a poor deal from the vested interests in media and the other parties, I think UKIP are ridiculous and have no truck with their views or policies but still think they should be treated fairly.

As I've said throughout the cycle UKIP are getting a poor deal from the vested interests in media and the other parties, I think UKIP are ridiculous and have no truck with their views or policies but still think they should be treated fairly.

I can see the argument that UKIP are polling ahead of the LibDems, Greens, etc so should be given more attention.

But on the flipside, giving more media attention to a party because they are expected to do well in this election, due mainly to the fact they have been given an abnormally high amount of media attention since the last election seems more like perpetuating a mistake. UKIPs track record is ****, they shouldn't get more and more attention just because they have been given more attention than they deserved and it snowballed.

If the LibDems or the Greens had been given UKIPs attention over the past couple of years then they would probably be doing as well if not better in the polls.

Having said that, UKIPs attention seeking has been first class, buying your first MP mid-term was a stroke of genius and the publicity more than paid for the stunt.

I can see the argument that UKIP are polling ahead of the LibDems, Greens, etc so should be given more attention.

I'm just arguing that they should have been on the debate about defence along with the greens, seeing as they have polled higher than them for at least a decade.

The Greens would have had a lot more success years ago if they had the clarity of message that UKIP has. Eco-marxism is a lot harder to explain than "small govnerment, no EU".
It doesn't help that the greens don't even have a consistent UK wide message, with different parties in England, Wales and Scotland, and that they are somehow also meant to be representitive of green paries in other EU countries, which even politicially astute voters know next to nothing about.

But on the flipside, giving more media attention to a party because they are expected to do well in this election, due mainly to the fact they have been given an abnormally high amount of media attention since the last election seems more like perpetuating a mistake. UKIPs track record is ****, they shouldn't get more and more attention just because they have been given more attention than they deserved and it snowballed.

If the LibDems or the Greens had been given UKIPs attention over the past couple of years then they would probably be doing as well if not better in the polls.

Having said that, UKIPs attention seeking has been first class, buying your first MP mid-term was a stroke of genius and the publicity more than paid for the stunt.

When the greens got a load of media attention at the start of the year their polling went form 5 to 8%, now they are back down to 5% with zero media interest.

The UKIP are getting far more media attention than they deserve but the UKIP love it because it bolsters their polling figures.

I'm just arguing that they should have been on the debate about defence along with the greens, seeing as they have polled higher than them for at least a decade.

The Greens would have had a lot more success years ago if they had the clarity of message that UKIP has. Eco-marxism is a lot harder to explain than "small govnerment, no EU".
It doesn't help that the greens don't even have a consistent UK wide message, with different parties in England, Wales and Scotland, and that they are somehow also meant to be representitive of green paries in other EU countries, which even politicially astute voters know next to nothing about.

The UKIP's message is certainly not "small government" though, quite the contrary looking at their manifesto. Bigger defense, Bigger police, bigger, prison population, More border control, moreimigration control - they are all traits of bigger givernments, not smaller.

I think you are confused with what the UKIP was originally developed as and what it stands for now.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-alan-sked-party-become-frankensteins-monster

"The party I founded has become a Frankenstein's monster," sighs Sked. "When I was leader, we wouldn't send MEPs to Europe because we didn't want to legitimise it. My policy was that if we were forced to take the salaries, we would give them to the National Health Service – they wouldn't be taken by the party or individuals. Now Ukip say they're against welfare cheats coming from eastern Europe, but in fact they're the welfare cheats."

The UKIP are getting far more media attention than they deserve but the UKIP love it because it bolsters their polling figures.

And it's only going to get better, as the more MP's they get the more coverage they're going to get, it'll be a upwards cycle. Were as the Greens has screwed up Briton and is likely to lose their one seat to Labour

What happens if they don't get more? One of the pollsters on the Panorama programme last night said he thought there was a 90% chance they'd get between zero and two seats, iirc.

I think that's laughable trash reporting, even at worst case they'll get a handful, including Farage

What happens if the Tories form a government and do have a referendum in 2017 and we vote to stay in? What happens to UKIP in 2020?

There was a video where Farage directly answered that question, i'll see if i can find it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom