Poll: General election voting round 4

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 276 39.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 41 5.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 125 17.9%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 50 7.2%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • UKIP

Votes: 128 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It's not a coincidence that all the least intelligent forum members are rabid UKIP supporters.

And it's also no coincidence that Green party voters are a bunch of hippy, beta, cuckolds. Right?

Regarding the myriad of studies out there, this is related to social views which should not be confused with economic views both of which have a left/right element.

If there is such a myriad of studies, you'll have no problem citing them, right?

Traditionalist views on social issues, such as equality are essential appeals to tradition - held by those with poor reasoning skills & require a sense of comfort from bigotry.

But 'traditionalist' is not a fixed value. A traditionalist in 2015 undoubtedly grew up in a period of increasing social equality and broadly accepts the current social paradigm. There are very few right-wing people arguing that women should lose the vote, that black people should be slaves and so forth.

We're beyond equality now, we're into the territory of inequality and the perversion of civilization.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Of course he would. There won't be a majority this time. I'm sure he'll say whatever as long as it gets him into a posistion of power just like any of the rest.

Soldato
That may have some basis in reality. UKIP vote here has declined while the Labour-Tory ratio has been stable. That is reflected in the national polls.

No. Most sane people only have to asked once ;)

And as you said
This, but as long UKIP gets demolished I don't really care.

Shows you don't care about the UK. You only care about your hate for a party and your agenda.

Soldato
Despite milliband saying he wouldn't partner with the SNP, if it came down to it do you think he would go to them to get a majority?

No, firstly because it would destroy his and his party's standing in the rest of the UK. Secondly because he wouldn't need to, any vote he put forward would either see the SNP back it anyway (because they would be voting against the tories) or the SNP abstain (in which case the LibDems would probably back it anyway).

Soldato
I think it's a good job and thanks ANOther.

Could you please explain how it works? as far as I can tell the 0-100% rating doesn't correlate to anything, they parties are in a random order and nothing has any bearing on anything :S

The only thing that is apparent is if a part has gone up or down, but again the is no indication how much by so they can't be compared.

Soldato
Can we stop confusing right-wing with authoritarian! I'd say the majority here are socially liberal, but economically right. I am anyway, I believe in a small government first and foremost.

Socially liberal but put a link to a guardian article that has a sweary in the 40th comment get a ban and a third of the members think ukip will get some MP's and that it would be a good thing g if they did??

Soldato
Or maybe he cares about the UK and doesn't want to see UKIP damage it, you know, like most people :rolleyes:

Is that the best you can do? And what damage is this? But lets look at the full post and reply.

Originally Posted by ElliorR View Post
Greens and I'm not a fan of Miliband though the Tories personal attacks make me want him to win as a **** you to Cameron and his cronies.

This, but as long UKIP gets demolished I don't really care.

Yes he did say "I don't really care" well he doesn't live here and most possibly won't come back.

Soldato
That's what those who resist progress have more or less been saying since the dawn of civilization.

And who is to say whether they were right or wrong? It's not like you independently reached the conclusion that slavery is immoral from nothing, you were taught that slavery is immoral and even if you thought deeply about the issue, you're were always going to have a strong bias.

The people who push "progressive" values are on the whole self-interested parties, and if they've a monopoly in certain industries they are more likely to be successful.

This is why gay rights gained such traction in the turn of the century. It wasn't like everyone woke up one day and said 'Oh, everyone was immoral yesterday'. They were bombarded by a media dominated by cosmopolitan and post-modernist types who picked up the banner for gay rights.

I suppose what I am saying is that the reactive force of traditionalism is needed to fend off the self interest of minority groups, wanting to wholly redefine our morality. If they didn't exist, anything would go.

Soldato
Do you have any windows left in that glass house of yours?

Calling people names now. That's for two year olds...no wait ;)
The intellectual heavyweights of OCUK.

Trust me, I'm the last person to attempt to dissuade you from voting UKIP, I like the fact you are splitting the right wing vote & will most like prevent an EU referendum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom