Ghost Recon Wild Lands

Soldato
I think it's exactly like just cause 3 but with a coop. It's a blast to play with mates but it gets old quick. I can see this reduced in the 2nd hand market quickly.

I found myself getting very bored very quickly.

it looks good and plays well, but lacks any excitement for me.

I doubt I will buy it at full price

Associate
In short i think this game is pretty pants, was on the beta on PC. If the full release is like this then it's another Division in the making, half finished game being released to the market.

These big companies are now taking the biscuit and yet people still buy their games.

Associate
So I played the beta on PS4 over the weekend and have to say, I'm really not a fan.

I really felt that:

a) the driving is awful; Every vehicle feels the same and clunky and terrible
b) the shooting is awful; Just awful. Worse than Division (somehow)
c) there is literally no point in stealth-ing about. Literally, the gameplay is so simple and the enemy (and ally in single player) AI is so ****e that it really doesn't matter how you face off with them
d) buggy as all hell; Pretty much what it says on the tin. Really weird bugs and laggy issues even in the opening cutscenes
e) boring and repetitive; There isn't really anything in the main gameplay that's interesting to do with such lame mechanics which really highlights to me even more how bad the mechanics are.

Associate
So I played the beta on PS4 over the weekend and have to say, I'm really not a fan.

I really felt that:

c) there is literally no point in stealth-ing about. Literally, the gameplay is so simple and the enemy (and ally in single player) AI is so ****e that it really doesn't matter how you face off with them
d) buggy as all hell; Pretty much what it says on the tin. Really weird bugs and laggy issues even in the opening cutscenes
e) boring and repetitive; There isn't really anything in the main gameplay that's interesting to do with such lame mechanics which really highlights to me even more how bad the mechanics are.

Pretty much sums the game up perfectly :) Well done Sir!

Soldato

I really felt that:

Pretty accurate description

Associate
Cant understand all the hate on this one.

Yes the physics for the cars, helicopters and planes are terrible. Yes the AI are a little dumb especially if you just go in aggressive and wipe them all out.

But this game for me has the fun factor I've sorely missed in games of late.

Me and my mate were laughing throughout at our misadventures as a 2 man hit squad (thank god they removed all AI buddies when coop for even 2 man was activated). Classic example, we were on the mission where you raid the church to rescue a rebel prisoner and we're scouting via raised ground on the hill and I say to my mate "Gunna need to splash those guys" assuming that he knew to wait for me to sync up and he just unloads his MP5 into them but potatoes the 2nd guy and all hell breaks loose and a massive gunfight ensues when our tactics were clearly to snipe and pick our targets off. Laughing all while this goes off at our stupidity we waste all the Narcos and save the day. The end.

For all its flaws and gripes I had way more fun on this than I've ever done with The Division and I love that game. Isn't having fun what games should be about? This doesn't take itself too seriously and that's what I like about it!

Shawrey

Associate
Shawreyboy, the thing is everyone has an opinion on what they class as fun. If you like the game then that's good and support the developer.

The main reason for the "hate" as you say is that for a develop of this size it's a poorly made game. They are releasing it knowing there is no muliplier and that will come later, there are many parts that are just not well made and should have learnt from the Division (so bad at the start and taken almost a year to be what it should have at launch).

It's 2017 and it feels like an old game but that's my feelings on it.

Associate
I have enjoyed playing the beta. It may be flawed but I haven't found anything that ruined the experience. It feels a bit like Farcry due to the openworld freedom while reminding me of the sort of classic GR gameplay that has been missing from shooters for a long time.

Like Shawrey the best time was co-op with a good friend and having some great gaming moments. Some well executed attacks, others going so badly we were laughing our heads off. Turns out I am not the best sniper shot from an unstable helo at a moving vehicle. The intended stop was successful but our HVT wasn't able to answer any questions when I opened the car door .

I hope there is some more work put in before release and I truelly hate this new game plus season pass for £70-80 sales model, as it puts me out of the market for new games. I will be buying this as soon as possible but all my gaming takes a back seat to real life these days (booo :p).

Back
Top Bottom