Ghost Recon Wild Lands

Soldato
I tried getting into the closed beta but was never chosen. Now that it's open, I just don't think I can be bothered. Especially if a couple of you already think it's terrible.

Associate
So consensus isn't looking good for this then. I just want a fun co-op run about type game. Is there a decent cover system and semi realistic combat at least?

Associate
So consensus isn't looking good for this then. I just want a fun co-op run about type game. Is there a decent cover system and semi realistic combat at least?

It's a dreadful single player game, but one of the most fun co-op experiences in years. Last time I've laughed this hard in a co-op game was Little Big Planet 2.

You can play stealth or all out attack (or attempt stealth, accidentally flash bang yourself, then go full blind panic attack). Cover system works well, and the combat is indeed semi-realistic - no Division type bullet sponges.

I'm surprised at how little fun some of you are apparently having, you're obviously playing with the wrong crowd :p

Associate
I was enjoying myself last night and was playing solo. Multiplayer will be a lot of fun from what I've seen.

I only cleared one area (100%) so I'll have to see how bored I get after a second. When I first started I wanted to turn it off but held on for a bit longer and started to enjoy it. Vehicles need a tweak but after a couple of hours I could use them fine. Love sniping targets that look too far away, satisfying when you headshot them from afar.
Will try second area later.

Associate
.. lots of things to do but no real objective.

But I want to escape real life :D.

I am still enjoying it, especially in co-op but we don't have has much time to play this beta. Why couldn't they have stuck chopper yaw control in the flight model though?

Weirdly I am having a few more graphics issues with this one than before, especially the an odd analogue TV like fuzz and scan lines that doesn't appear anywhere but in live games.

Also the sound balance is out of wack now, I cannot get it so I can hear the game without being deafened by co-op chat. Every other game is perfect and my mate doesn't have any probs in GR.

At least I don't have the dilemma of buying it as pre-order or on release as my cat's vets bills have screwed my budget until I can sort the insurance claim :eek::p.

Associate
Managed to get the volume balance sorted enough for playability.

Got a few hours played last night and I think my mate has got fed up with me as I have lost all my ability in this compared to closed beta.

I don't think I have ever been knocked down so much in a game before. He just ended up using the Top Gear 'leave any man behind' method of dealing with it :eek::D.

Soldato
Im actually rather enjoying this tbh although playing on my own as was fed up with been stuck with backward randomers.

Granted its nothing like the old ghost recon games which are some of my favourite games to date but non the less im enjoying it but wont buy on release ill wait for it to drop in price.

Soldato
I've been enjoying it so far, mostly because I don't get killed every 5 seconds like in Battlefield 1. Much more paced out, strategy involved. Scoping out the wnemies, thinking of best course of action. Also does help having good team mates on chat.

Associate
Managed to play yesterday. I think it's good in some ways but let down by the A.I. No challenge at all. I like the realistic amount of damage they take (1 shot it seems) before dying but because they kinda just run at you or stand in the open you can plough through them pretty easily.

I don't like the cover system either, wish you snapped into it like the Tom Clancy Vegas games or Gears etc.

Open World is nice and all but all feels like Mercenaries to me sans the cool airstrike options and destruction.

Back
Top Bottom