Ghost Recon Wild Lands

Associate
Managed to play yesterday. I think it's good in some ways but let down by the A.I. No challenge at all. I like the realistic amount of damage they take (1 shot it seems) before dying but because they kinda just run at you or stand in the open you can plough through them pretty easily.

I don't like the cover system either, wish you snapped into it like the Tom Clancy Vegas games or Gears etc.

Open World is nice and all but all feels like Mercenaries to me sans the cool airstrike options and destruction.

did you try the left area? i thought AI was much tougher in this area. a lot of people are playing it stealthy and sniping which is what i was doing until i joined a group of randomers and they were tanking stuff, it was much more fun then as we broke into 2 teams and started flanking stuff while one was keeping them pinned. If you can get a good team which take it seriously then it will be huge fun. it was also fun at the other end of the scale when a few of us just wanted to mess about, just doing random stuff like parachuting into random areas or doing some off road racing, trying to get a huge patrol of unidad to while calling in loads of rebel support then watch the fighting from afar (looks even better at night)

Associate
did you try the left area? i thought AI was much tougher in this area. a lot of people are playing it stealthy and sniping which is what i was doing until i joined a group of randomers and they were tanking stuff, it was much more fun then as we broke into 2 teams and started flanking stuff while one was keeping them pinned. If you can get a good team which take it seriously then it will be huge fun. it was also fun at the other end of the scale when a few of us just wanted to mess about, just doing random stuff like parachuting into random areas or doing some off road racing, trying to get a huge patrol of unidad to while calling in loads of rebel support then watch the fighting from afar (looks even better at night)

That all sounds pretty cool must say. I would probably buy it if my mates weren't all busy playing For Honor atm. Not sure I can handle the randoms. Perhaps when it's cheaper I could tempt them.

Associate
ye i think thats my problem. the PRICE. i cant see where the £50-£55 goes. I bought division with Season pass new for £21 when it first came out. i sunk many hours into that. If Wildlands was around £30-£35 mark i would probably get it. I think i will wait for it to drop, like COD:IW £50 on release waited 2 weeks and it was down to £30, wait a while longer and its around £15 now.

Soldato
Had a couple of hours on this last night, overall I quite like it, there was me and a friend playing co-op, we didn't do too many missions instead we stole helicopters and went around gathering skill points and tagging stuff.

The only two things that bug me is the driving physics, considering how much of it you need to do, I thought it would be more polished and compared to previous Ghost Recon games I think the cover system is a bit naff.

Soldato
finished this off last night, its not the best game in the world but I enjoyed playing through it.
Now I can focus on PU Battlegrounds on PC. I don't think anything is coming out on Xbox that I'm interested in for quite some time now. need to clear some backlog on PC and maybe some GWG titles that I haven't touched yet.

I don't think GR is as bad as some others are saying, hopefully the PvP patch will be good.

Soldato
Picked up a copy for £35 - a now expired deal. Put several hours into it last night, and I'm enjoying it; though I can already start to see how it might become quite repetitive.

Love the level of customisation on offer, though I expect that finding weapons/parts will become a Division-esq grind, that I'll quickly lose interest in! Sadly, I wasn't able to cash in any of my uplay credits, as the ubisoft store was down.

Caporegime
Played a few hours of this last night, impressions;

Gunplay feels great, very solid especially the sniping
The map is huge!!! Providing it doesn't get boring it feels like there's a lot of game in this
The driving as already mentioned is pretty atrocious, not as bad as Watchdogs but it definitely feels off, the weight of the cars is so 'spongy'
Playing co-op is the way to go, single player feels a bit empty
Game looks pretty damn good considering the open world nature, runs mostly good as well (Xbox One)
The depth of customisation is very good

All in all I wasn't going to give this a chance based on previous video viewings, it's actually pretty good. The worry would be with a map that size, whether the game can keep the tasks and story interesting.

Anyone come across this error? I buy the game specifically to play co-op with my brother and we can't join each other. Standard Ubisoft buggy **** by the look of it :(

'Session unreachable Tarija-00014'

Last edited:
Soldato
I am surprised that this thread does not feature on the first page of the forums all the time.

I guess it never captured the following it possibly deserves.

Some bugs are still annoying me, sometimes I cant get the drone or binoculars out and have to quit out and restart.

This is offset by the fantastic co-op.

Perched on a mountain side with a sniper rifle over looking the objective providing over watch for the others, picking off enemies and watching the drama unfold is really good.

One mission at a medium sized unidad base we decided to go stealth, I perched myself high on a cliff top, took out the snipers and alarms, the others then moved in from 3 sides, slowly clearing the base and making their way to the objective, one of the lads was hiding out behind some cover when a guard that we failed to spot walked up behind him and was about to shoot and give us away, took him out with a 400m head shot, little things like that are very rewarding.

I have not got far enough to upgrade the rebel support transport perk so when youre stuck in the middle of no where for whatever reason and there is no conveniently placed chopper it can be tedious trying to get back to the action, the only thing that stops this becoming a game breaker for me is that there is usually an unlock or collectible relatively close by.

Back
Top Bottom