Ghost Recon Wild Lands

Soldato
This reminds me of the old Novalogic Delta Force games :)

Now that's a blast from the past! The hours I ploughed into that series - though I didn't really like the shift to black hawk down.

I see what you're getting at though, I've pretty much been going all over the place finding weapons, grabbed a couple of heavy sniper rifles last night, be interesting to see if they can take a chopper out with one hit :D

Caporegime
Now that's a blast from the past! The hours I ploughed into that series - though I didn't really like the shift to black hawk down.

I see what you're getting at though, I've pretty much been going all over the place finding weapons, grabbed a couple of heavy sniper rifles last night, be interesting to see if they can take a chopper out with one hit :D

The HT1 absolutely can once you've spec'ed into VHC destruction :cool:

Soldato
I was trying it last night, the HTI was taking black hawks down in 2-3 shots, oddly, the little birds were taking 6+ :O To be fair, I haven't unlocked any of the vehicle damage perks - might have to now though.

Played this with a buddy last night, it was cool that the game didn't fill the remaining two slots with AI characters, so we were able to properly skulk around the map, and tackle things how we wanted - pretty cool when all hell breaks loose though and you get to "go loud" :D

Caporegime
I was trying it last night, the HTI was taking black hawks down in 2-3 shots, oddly, the little birds were taking 6+ :O To be fair, I haven't unlocked any of the vehicle damage perks - might have to now though.

Played this with a buddy last night, it was cool that the game didn't fill the remaining two slots with AI characters, so we were able to properly skulk around the map, and tackle things how we wanted - pretty cool when all hell breaks loose though and you get to "go loud" :D

I have full VHC spec'ed and the medal but i'm pretty sure it was downing choppers in one hit on 2 bars of the skill. It's delicious :cool:

Soldato
Been playing this with a few mates, really enjoying it - mind you, even on SP, I find that it really keeps me engrossed.

I know the AI got a lot of flack in the beta, but there's been a few times where they have worked well, and flanked me - but yeah, sometimes they just gets stuck on walls/or conga into my line of fire.

Seen a reddit post about upcoming DLC, looks terrible if true - a racing mode for example :confused: Why add that for a game where pretty much every vehicle handles like a shopping trolley???

Soldato
I've been playing this the past couple of days in co-op with a mate, really not impressed with it at all so far. The narrative is completely forgettable, the characters are rubbish with phoned-in voice acting, and so far the missions have been throughly run-of-the-mill affairs with nothing particularly interesting to do except the usual "Hack the generic server/kill the important target etc". The world itself is stunning and the 3D assets look great, but it's thoroughly let down by abysmal animation and the vehicle handling is worse than you'd get in the token driving level of third-person shooters in the PS2 era.

For a game so focused on co-op too, the mechanics of it feel really poorly implemented. My mate can "assign" us a mission but often only he'll hear the briefing and related dialogue, so I'm left wondering what's going on. It's also a bit too easy to accidentally stumble upon a mission area simply by exploring, which the game doesn't seem to know how to handle properly so you start getting mission-related dialogue even though the game isn't telling you to do anything. The Division was a lot better at making co-op feel cohesive, in GR it feels completely tacked-on.

If it wasn't for the co-op, it'd be on the MM already.

Soldato
Need to hurry up with the PvP DLC cause everyone I know who bought it has finished it and the ones with physical disks are already looking to trade, CAnt help but feel this one needed another 5-6 months in the oven and was pushed out to hit financial year end.

Soldato
I think solo the game is pretty average, but a lot of fun in co-op.

That's my feeling really. It truly does shine with a group of mates, though. So many tactical opportunities :D

I don't mind SP for a few hours sometimes - I've found it better for getting to the playstyle I like and for getting the kit I want as I'm more a stealth/distraction tactics type than all guns blazing like my mates.

Apparently they will be working on fixing the vehicle handling. It really is terrible, I agree with that. Planes and helis need to be more like GTA5 - where is the rudder on the plane and the strafe on the heli FGS? Not to mention heli target for guns!

Associate
Does anyone get the random van automatically drives into wall on the "Captain Cook" drive a Meth Cook from A to B side missions in Narco Road. I can only assume that its to replicate you tripping out while the cook is cooking but surely your guy would die from the toxic gases released during the process ala' Breaking Bad (no gas mask) :D :D.

Shawrey

Soldato
What is it with EMP not working on vehicles properly? I thought I'd be smart and try to stop an Lt. from escaping by EMPing the vehicles he could use but he just got in and drove off anyway? :confused:

Caporegime
Probably a bug that can be added to the long list of bugs in this game, thankfully I haven't come across any game breaking ones yet they're mostly trivial.

The most annoying one is the constant beeping as though you've been locked on, that persists even if you're not in a helicopter. I have to restart the game to get it to go away, or find a SAM site to get locked onto again :confused:

I also enjoy calling in vehicles, only for the vehicle to land on, and kill me :p

Caporegime
I would recommend taking the time to get skill points and resources to level a few skills up, most important being the one that means you can take more damage (sorry can't remember what it's called).

Oh, and get a sniper rifle as early as possible.

Associate
Recently just got this an i quite like it. Any hints an tips? i've just killed the first boss. Quite overwhelming with all the stuff to do

Every time you head into a new region complete everything there before starting the main missions, took me about 5 days in total to complete.

Has anyone have issues with the achievements? I have completed everything in the game and I'm at 97% completion. Apparently because I jumped into Co-Op at some point and collected a Kingslayer file it bugs the overall progress and the only way to find out which one is to start every mission again until i work out where the file was. Classic Ubisoft.

Associate
Every time you head into a new region complete everything there before starting the main missions, took me about 5 days in total to complete.

Has anyone have issues with the achievements? I have completed everything in the game and I'm at 97% completion. Apparently because I jumped into Co-Op at some point and collected a Kingslayer file it bugs the overall progress and the only way to find out which one is to start every mission again until i work out where the file was. Classic Ubisoft.
I managed to complete it a few weeks back no problem and i'd jumped in and out of coop with a friend quite a lot.. I was a bit nervous towards the end as I'd read on the Ubisoft forums that there are issues with getting 100%.

Soldato
I would recommend taking the time to get skill points and resources to level a few skills up, most important being the one that means you can take more damage (sorry can't remember what it's called).

Oh, and get a sniper rifle as early as possible.
I searched for the hti rifle before going too far, and a grenade launching attachment.
Andi.

Associate
I managed to complete it a few weeks back no problem and i'd jumped in and out of coop with a friend quite a lot.. I was a bit nervous towards the end as I'd read on the Ubisoft forums that there are issues with getting 100%.

It's really annoying sinking nearly 6 days into and not getting the achievement

Back
Top Bottom