• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

Why so? Take an 8-core Ryzen, next year you would upgrade to a 12-core/24-thread or 16-core/32-thread Ryzen 4000.

There's absolutely nothing wrong the 3700X (great chip), but for those out there - myself included - who have been waiting 5+ years for a compelling reason to upgrade, having to compromise due to stock availability is what makes the situation the most frustrating.

Perhaps it would have been better if AMD had delayed the 3900X along with the 3950X.

There's absolutely nothing wrong the 3700X (great chip), but for those out there - myself included - who have been waiting 5+ years for a compelling reason to upgrade, having to compromise due to stock availability is what makes the situation the most frustrating.

Perhaps it would have been better if AMD had delayed the 3900X along with the 3950X.
I agree whole heartdly.

But on the bright aide we coyld look at potentially further support than 2020 for the AM4 platform considerinh its success, we may get another 2 years out of it.

Hopefully there will be good stock levels this month or next. Personally, I am not settling for an 8 core and will wait however long it takes to get a 3900X or better.

I have to wait for my motherboard as well anyway which makes it just as frustrating. I believe the Aorus ITX is in stock at the end of next week, according to other retailers so, hopefully, OcUK will be the same, but, that 3900x. >_<

Already got all the parts for my build which I've been using in my current PC, I can already tell the 3900x will make a humongous difference. I'm going to be patient waiting on OcUK's stock.

Most likely going to be the 3900x need the extra cores for OBS and various other software now. Moving towards video editing so the extra cores will be beautiful. I assume you're also looking at a 3900?

I could only ever hit 4.7 lovely custom loop so heat wasn't a factor. Past few weeks it refuses to even boost. It's served me well over the years.

Any really, but 3700x and above.

Just wondering about mobo at the moment and ram. Probably a aorus master or the hero. I might in a moment of madness for the for Xtreme..but I know it'll be the first to have the prices slashed on it.

I got all mine coming tomorrow, 4XXX series will be my next upgrade path after tomorrow and its the new plan just wont be as impatient nor ordering as soon as they come out.

Knowing my luck guys 3900X will be instock on monday and you guys will all have your CPUs so dont forget to thank me (jk) lmao.

Settling wasnt my first choice but im off this week and next so I had to make a choice!

Last edited:
I really want to know the reason behind this amazing shortage.

Is the chip extremely highly binned, leading to very low yield?

The unwillingness to even present an excuse makes me believe that it's not an expected problem, and they're embarrassed about it. In my own personal experience, suits will always restrict information flow if it's going to make them look bad.

The unwillingness to even present an excuse makes me believe that it's not an expected problem, and they're embarrassed about it. In my own personal experience, suits will always restrict information flow if it's going to make them look bad.

My bet is it is in competition with Epyc for chiplets. Epyc is selling very well so the 3900X gets a limited supply of chiplets. I suspect the whole range of 3XXX chips has sold better than expected. Not the worst problem to have.

My bet is it is in competition with Epyc for chiplets. Epyc is selling very well so the 3900X gets a limited supply of chiplets. I suspect the whole range of 3XXX chips has sold better than expected. Not the worst problem to have.
I'd agree with this assessment as well. Also the blackout of information does give us a tell tale sign that they were not expecting this or there is some other factor they do not want us or their competition to know.

On the bright side I got my 3700X rather promptly, I'll be sending some parts back though as I managed to find the ML120 triple pack else where in stock and cheaper than overclockers and got "free" next day (guess that gives it away where i got it).
Here's what Overclockers give me with my delivery!
wZNWDLbl.jpg
29 bags! I'm guessing 1 bag for every day it was overdue? lol
I can use these in the goodie bags for my kids birthday on the 13th! xD

Well I setup my meg ace x570 with my noctua nh-d15 and a 3600x yesterday until my 3900x rocks up. Boy, do these things run warmer than my 3570k. That was overclocked to 4.5ghz and it ran about the same as these do stock (76 degrees max). Not seen it boost to 4.4 on any core yet, just about gets 4.3. Still, a nice speed upgrade especially with my first NVME drive. Hoping some uefi tweaks will make it run a bit cooler in the near future.

Here's what Overclockers give me with my delivery!
wZNWDLbl.jpg
29 bags! I'm guessing 1 bag for every day it was overdue? lol
I can use these in the goodie bags for my kids birthday on the 13th! xD

I don't think I've ever had more than 2 bags :eek:

Rogue employee stuffing handfuls of haribo into the boxes imo :p

In either case I'm greatful lol, They also put the wrong radiators in my delivery as well, I ended up with the more expensive 360mm XE rad which is great, but it doesnt fit as its too thick lol

I am really hoping that I will receive my 3900x by september. I ordered late and even ate the price gouging. I guess it's my fault for waiting too long ,but I didn't expect the prices to go up by this much. I am on a long holiday back home so I won't be able to use it until I get back to the UK but I would really love to have it already delivered when I get back there. It just seems weird as the stock just seems to be getting pushed further and further back.

I am really hoping that I will receive my 3900x by september. I ordered late and even ate the price gouging. I guess it's my fault for waiting too long ,but I didn't expect the prices to go up by this much. I am on a long holiday back home so I won't be able to use it until I get back to the UK but I would really love to have it already delivered when I get back there. It just seems weird as the stock just seems to be getting pushed further and further back.
Not your fault, we have loads of people here that pre-ordered on the release date or before that still don't have their CPUs. This delay and price-gouging (even indirectly so) is AMD's fault. Here's to hoping it comes back in stock soon.

The whole thing was strange. I got my cpu straight away, yet ordered after some people who are still waiting. Guess for once in my life, I was one of the lucky ones.
:eek: Lol

I know tomorrow people will be saying "Oh my order is on its way" and I'll be like "urgh just needed to wait the weekend out!"

Back
Top Bottom