• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

easyrider said:
I we going to be seeing one of the biggest GFX card flops in History? :p
You would just love that wouldn't you, tissues at the ready. :rolleyes:

Sad thing is it could well be the biggest graphics card flop in history.

Deks said:

I read that too but it doesn't add up very well; the difference between a GTX and a GTS is more like £150-200, not $100-150...are they saying their high-end card is gonna retail at £200 like the GTS? I'll believe it when I see it but if that is the case and it performs like a GTX then you'd have to be insane to choose anything else.

I'll just buy whatever the best card for 200-250 quid is after the upcoming releases and personally I would love to see the R600 provide some semblance of competition to Nvidia's 8800 series since competition is good for consumers.

Ulfhedjinn said:
You would just love that wouldn't you, tissues at the ready. :rolleyes:

Sad thing is it could well be the biggest graphics card flop in history.

Why would I love it?

I hope it destroys the GTX.

ITS GOOD FOR US CONSUMERS WHO ARE NOT BLINKERED BY COMPANY LOYALTY.

Don't you know that?

Sheesh :rolleyes: :D

Pretty Sure ATI have adopted the "Nvidia Type" cooling fan for this card so atleast it will not be as noisey as the earlier cards, Although It amazies Me they do not make use of the top (for most users) of the card to add a bit more heat dispersant sink, this only needs to be thin and incorporated into that big support

Hi there

It arrived at 10:30am this morning, had to sign some NDA forms meaning I cannot disclose to much info.

Initial thoughts are it looks good, its very silent. Having issues at the moment with the alpha/beta drivers and no doubt due to the fact the OS had a NVIDIA card previously installed.

But on noise its quiet, pretty much silent.

sunlitsix said:
is it the OEM model?

Hi there

Nope its a retail, OEM won't be available to end users to purchase.

This is the same size as a GTX card, no bigger so will fit in cases fine. :)

It has a 8-pin and 6-pin PCI-E connectors but you can plug a 6-pin connector into the 8-pin without issues so you won't need to upgrade your PSU's to the new types.

Gibbo said:
Hi there

This is the same size as a GTX card, no bigger so will fit in cases fine. :)

It has a 8-pin and 6-pin PCI-E connectors but you can plug a 6-pin connector into the 8-pin without issues so you won't need to upgrade your PSU's to the new types.

Good news there!

Back
Top Bottom