• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Caporegime
Vogon said:
From rumours I have seen the ultra is 650/2200, obviously nvidia believe thats enough to eek ahead of R600, so they will be so similar in performance it will make no odds, it will be down to preference and costs.

Yes it will make no odds even if the Ultra is faster than the R600 now, it could be a whole different story when Dx10 appears, and thats the more important now as ATi are onto their 2nd generation as said, plus they wipe the floor with Nvidia in the driver dept. to, big, big lead in drivers (WHQL Certification for their Vista drivers in November, Nvidia didnt get a set done till after Vista was released, they are way behind in drivers, and 8800's are their first gen). :)

Last edited:
Soldato
DX10 is an MS conspiracy, until it can run DX8/9 games in vista at XP speeds, I ain't touching it ;)

I have long held the belief ATI drivers are much more refined than nvidia's and the monthly updates mean that if a game does have issues its likely it will be addressed a lot sooner than nvidia would.
Lets hope AMD don't change that.

Thats why I am awaiting the R600, power consumption doesn't bother me, but noise and increased case temps do, as long as AMD get that sorted, I can live with it being a little slower, and if its faster then all the better :)

Caporegime
Ive never said imo the R600 is gona be awesome, all i have said is its going to be very interesting and stated a couple of facts, they are on their 2nd gen, and their drivers are better, no one knows how R600 will perform until it gets here, and ive never said G80's are *****, ive said their drivers are, the cards are brilliant, but now ive had it a while, ive found out the drivers are crap, although these beta 101's are not bad. :)

Last edited:
Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
Ive never said imo the R600 is gona be awesome, all i have said is its going to be very interesting and stated a couple of facts, they are on their 2nd gen, and their drivers are better, no one knows how R600 will perform until it gets here. :)

Their second generation of what? DX10 GPU or unified shader architecture GPU? Does the Xbox 360 GPU support sm4.0 and geometry shaders? Or will this be brand new to this generation?

Granted they have made a unified shader GPU before but I expect the xbox 360 gpu is very different to the R600. The guy from AMD is trying to build up the product by saying they are on their second generation and imply that this will give them an immediate advantage over the G80. This may or may not be the case. However, if this really is the second generation why has it taken so long to launch. The xbox 360 launched in November 2005.

You really need to take some things you read with a pinch of salt, especially when the person saying it is from a company trying to hype their delayed product and stop passing them off as gospel.

Caporegime
Marc Fraser said:
You really need to take some things you read with a pinch of salt, especially when the person saying it is from a company trying to hype their delayed product and stop passing them off as gospel.

Very true when you think about it, my mistake. :)

We'll all get to know how it performs when its out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just reading that R600 interview....christ they let an indian work for ATI, Nvidias finished :p This Vijay bloke knew his stuff and he even said were on our 2nd DX10 hardware and they dont have any issues on ATI Vista/DX10 drivers....

I think my GTX is going back faulty while its still within 28 days... Mis-advertised Vista support ;)

Roll on next week, regardless Im awaiting for the next fiasco and benchmark HOT scandal that will make inquirer headlines hours after being posted here courtesy of our Gibbo :D

Just call it free Advertising and Sales :p

Suspended
*presses fast forward to r600 launch button* omfg amd/ati/whoever you are now hurry up and get an r600 to gibbo :D

*waiting for pics/benchies/spec*

*kisses gibbo*

F0x0r

Soldato
For the game benchmarks can you run the CS Source, X3: The Threat, Far Cry and if possible Battlefield 2142?

I think that should give a broad test of demanding/popular current games though obviously I don't know about dx10 benchmarking.

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Gibbo probably won't do it as games would be there already for RMA testing.

Why worry about what Gibbo will do?. There will be hundreds of others that will do it anyway;).

Great news though that ATI are finally arriving. Lets hope the wait has been worth it.

Soldato
What we'll get is 3dmark 06 score 12xxx or something like that on a certain system! gaming performance is slightly better in most or worse off!

All i expect him to go into detail wise!

Soldato
J.D said:
Gibbo probably won't do it as games would be there already for RMA testing.

Why worry about what Gibbo will do?. There will be hundreds of others that will do it anyway;).

True, just that since Gibbo is getting a card in early it would be nice to have an earlier indication on how they perform before anyone else (a nice news exclusive for the shop front page too). ;)

Soldato
afraser2k said:
For the game benchmarks can you run the CS Source, X3: The Threat, Far Cry and if possible Battlefield 2142?

I think that should give a broad test of demanding/popular current games though obviously I don't know about dx10 benchmarking.

Do you not think that SupCom, HL2:Ep1, C&C3 and Stalker should be added to that list? They seem like slightly more up to date and demanding games. Just imho anyway :p

Soldato
Schnippzle said:
Do you not think that SupCom, HL2:Ep1, C&C3 and Stalker should be added to that list? They seem like slightly more up to date and demanding games. Just imho anyway :p

Last time i looked you had to pay for those games and they are not exactly graphically intensive either. (demo doesn't tax modern machines)

Back
Top Bottom