• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Cyber-Mav said:
software crossfire or hardware where one needs to be a mastercard?
Crossfire 2 is the same as Nvidia SLI. No need for a master card, capable of running more than two cards in tandem, and only needs those strip connectors between each card to pass the data. :)

WoZZeR said:
Crossfire 2 is not reliant on mastercards anymore.

thats good to hear, allows much more flexibility and less hunting around for mastercards etc.

wonder if 2 cards from the same brand need to be used or if its 2 cards from any brand as long as they are the same model. :confused:

Cyber-Mav said:
thats good to hear, allows much more flexibility and less hunting around for mastercards etc.

wonder if 2 cards from the same brand need to be used or if its 2 cards from any brand as long as they are the same model. :confused:
Any brand so long as they're the same model.

Hmmm, a tempter, if they equal the GTX and are as cheap as they are suggesting.

Re Crossfire 2, Yeah, they got rid of the fiddley external cable I'm crippled with.

Ulfhedjinn said:
Crossfire 2 is the same as Nvidia SLI. No need for a master card, capable of running more than two cards in tandem, and only needs those strip connectors between each card to pass the data. :)

one thing im wondering about is how the efficiency of crossfire 2 will be with these cards? in the past you pair up 2 x1950xtx cards and you get around 60% boost in speed on average. wonder if the efficiency is better with the newer generation of cards where pairing up 2 cards together will result in around 90% boost over a single card?

Cyber-Mav said:
one thing im wondering about is how the efficiency of crossfire 2 will be with these cards? in the past you pair up 2 x1950xtx cards and you get around 60% boost in speed on average. wonder if the efficiency is better with the newer generation of cards where pairing up 2 cards together will result in around 90% boost over a single card?

I doubt it

Cyber-Mav said:

I think both ATi and nVidia need to sort out the last remaining issues with multi-GPU setups before they fine-tune the efficiency.

I dread to think what's it's like running Vista with SLi/Crossfire. :eek:

Cyber-Mav said:

That would be nice, although there isn't much about to push that sort of setup at the moment.

WoZZeR said:
That would be nice, although there isn't much about to push that sort of setup at the moment.

quad core? but then again, ther eis nothing around to make use of quad core processing other than supremem commander and thats not even gpu limited.

Vogon said:
Well we have an idea of pretty much everything now .... apart from when we can buy an XTX :rolleyes:

we still don't know how they perform really, just some leaked numbers floating around, thats nothing concrete, does anyone even know the numbers, how many unified shaders, memory interface, etc? or is everyone still relying on leaked numbers?

Gashman said:
we still don't know how they perform really, just some leaked numbers floating around, thats nothing concrete, does anyone even know the numbers, how many unified shaders, memory interface, etc? or is everyone still relying on leaked numbers?

Exactly, best to wait although it's very nice of Gibbo to give us some preliminary info!

Hi gibbo ,after the nda has gone how about sending me the card ,dont know if you have to send them back but dont think anyone else has asked so here goes ,FIRST DABS ON THIS CARD FOR A FREEBIE ;)

at least i tried lol

Back
Top Bottom