• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Hi there

First of half of this thread is full of pointless dribble, petty argumentive post and the last time I remember having such kind of arguments was back in primary school.

I won't allow this kind of dribble in the hardware forums, if you want to talk crap, randomly insult and troll post then either visit GD or some other forums but don't do it here.

You know who you are and if it carries on I am just gonna suspend accounts. This thread is too talk about new hardware and constructively.

I've signed an NDA and I work for overclockers UK and therefor I cannot break this NDA unless I am given permission to do or until it expires. The other chap who also supposedly has one will also be under the same NDA. The only way you can get one of these cards is to be nominated by ATI and then agree and sign their NDA. This is why the other guy who says he has one can also not post any pictures, benchmark results or exact specifications.

I want to tell you guys more but I really can as I will get my hands slapped and AMD is a big powerful company so its not wise for me to upset them. I am very honored and priviledged that ATI/AMD have given me a card to test for 24 hours and hopefully them might let me tell you guys more soon, time will have to tell.

Now keep the thread on topic and your post constructive, THANK YOU PLEASE!!

Gibbo said:
Hi there

First of half of this thread is full of pointless dribble, petty argumentive post and the last time I remember having such kind of arguments was back in primary school.

I won't allow this kind of dribble in the hardware forums, if you want to talk crap, randomly insult and troll post then either visit GD or some other forums but don't do it here.

You know who you are and if it carries on I am just gonna suspend accounts. This thread is too talk about new hardware and constructively.

I've signed an NDA and I work for overclockers UK and therefor I cannot break this NDA unless I am given permission to do or until it expires. The other chap who also supposedly has one will also be under the same NDA. The only way you can get one of these cards is to be nominated by ATI and then agree and sign their NDA. This is why the other guy who says he has one can also not post any pictures, benchmark results or exact specifications.

I want to tell you guys more but I really can as I will get my hands slapped and AMD is a big powerful company so its not wise for me to upset them. I am very honored and priviledged that ATI/AMD have given me a card to test for 24 hours and hopefully them might let me tell you guys more soon, time will have to tell.

Do you know if they are still on target for their predicted release day?

Cheers

Azza

Gibbo said:
Hi there

Any chance u can put all the information u are offering in 1 post? Or at least quote a few of more informative posts?

Azza said:
Do you know if they are still on target for their predicted release day?

Cheers

Azza

Hi there

I won't say when the date is, but yes I believe they are indeed on target. The card works well and the drivers are good which will only improve so I can't see any issues as to why it would be further delayed. :)

megatron said:
Any chance u can put all the information u are offering in 1 post? Or at least quote a few of more informative posts?

Hi there

I cannot say too much, but the card is well built, good quality, is quiet even when underload and is cooler running then previous ATI cards.

Performance wise everyone will have to wait but I think everyone will be impressed with its performance, especially if suggested pricing from other threads and articles from other websites are to be believed. I really cannot say anything or I will get my ass kicked from AMD. As soon as I can you guys will know more. :)

Sh4rkie said:
@ Gibbo

Do you have retail prices yet from AMD partners and will the best boards at launch (the one you have i guess) be competitively priced to the 8800 GTS (circa £250 inc)?

ta

Gibbo, if you can ^^ ?

Gibbo said:
Hi there

I won't say when the date is, but yes I believe they are indeed on target. The card works well and the drivers are good which will only improve so I can't see any issues as to why it would be further delayed. :)

With respect Gibbo, the fact that the card works well in that machine is not proof that all is well with the drivers (I do hope that is the case) since a) there are plenty of people who have no problems with 8800s in Vista and b) your machine is not exactly representative of the average [even high-end] user.

I hope you're right though since this looks like just the ticket for me. Thanks again for the info!

Sh4rkie said:
Gibbo, if you can ^^ ?

Hi m8

Sorry but thats the kind of thing AMD would come down very heavy on myself and OcUK plus the UK ATI guys if I confirm any kind of prices. When I can you guys will know first. :)

neo202020 said:
With respect Gibbo, the fact that the card works well in that machine is not proof that all is well with the drivers (I do hope that is the case) since a) there are plenty of people who have no problems with 8800s in Vista and b) your machine is not exactly representative of the average [even high-end] user.

I hope you're right though since this looks like just the ticket for me. Thanks again for the info!

Hi there

Very true, but I am placing the card in an AMD machine tomorrow powered by an AMD 6000 which is far more average affordable type of PC.
All I can say is the ATI drivers were better than NVIDIA on my setup for ease of use and the fact all my games ran without glitches, wheras the NV card had the odd corruption in Farcry, very minor but there wheras the ATI drivers did not.

Gibbo said:
Hi there

Dont know if you said this else where but I couldnt find it.

Can you give out exact temps for the card idle and under load?

Need to plan possible watercooling of this beast if its around the right price.

As per the drivers do you know if AMD will be bringing out Vista based / DX10 drivers for the card not beta ones but actual newer drivers when the card is released? Unlike Nvidia who took Gods knows how long just to get betas out.

Also can you tell use what the crossfire situation is with this card? i.e. a bridge or though the motherboard only.

Does the card need a x16 slot like the GTS and GTX to run in crossfire or as a single card?

Cheers

Azza

Good info Gibbo we do appreciate it :)

On another issue, please take a look at my thread beklow this if possible gibbo :P its regarding the HR-03 plus coolers and whether you can get the heatsinks for the GTS sent through as im attempting that from thermalright at the moment!

Gibbo said:
I am very honored and priviledged that ATI/AMD have given me a card to test for 24 hours and hopefully them might let me tell you guys more soon, time will have to tell.

you only got the card for 1 day? what happens after that? do you send it back?

Gibbo, I feel a bit for You here ! Do these type of "previews" that You are not able to talk much about really help or just cause frustration ?

Gibbo said:
Hi m8

Sorry but thats the kind of thing AMD would come down very heavy on myself and OcUK plus the UK ATI guys if I confirm any kind of prices. When I can you guys will know first. :)
No worries, wasn't sure if non figures could be mentioned hence my 'competitive' reference ;).

Thanks for all the input so far tho, it's nice to actually hear some hands on rather than trawl through Inq' attempts at churning out 20 stories hoping one is near the mark ;).

Last edited:
Cyber-Mav said:
Aye, if you ever keep an eye on earlier previews / reviews most comment on they had limited time for testing. There will be X number of press samples that have to do the rounds before the nda is lifted.

remember all, the main thing here is that gibbo has actually got the card in his hands/pc and it actually works so its not just vapour ware and atleast we know that it really does exist and should soon see the light of day.

Sh4rkie said:
Aye, if you ever keep an eye on earlier previews / reviews most comment on they had limited time for testing. There will be X number of press samples that have to do the rounds before the nda is lifted.

ahh that makes sense, so they gonna pass gibbo's card on to another person for a preview. so nda has to be in place so that one guy doesn;t spill the beans for all other people? kind of makes sense.

Cyber-Mav said:

Hi there

They come and pick it up tomorrow and will no doubt give it to someone else or it will go in ATI's UK facility so their engineers can get trained to give tech support or whatever. Or it might just get put in a shiny glass cabinet or given to another customer for testing like maybe a system integrator. I am just honored and priviledge to have got my hands on one so early. ATI will obviously give us ones to keep when the product is launched.

JAKUS said:
Gibbo, I feel a bit for You here ! Do these type of "previews" that You are not able to talk much about really help or just cause frustration ?

They help and do cause much fustration because I will want to tell you guys but if I do then I will get shot and most certainly won't get such an early preview again.

Back
Top Bottom