• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Tombo said:
I'd say 24AA makes it a fact.
Originally Posted by OrionRU
You need 100+ drivers to be able to enable 32x

32x has about same quality as 16xQ.

Honestly I switch between 16x AA and 2x2 AA ( only for D3D).

I cant imagine having anything better, since there are no jaggies with those modes... at all.
So you going say it now a FACT that Nvidia has the best IQ.....LOL

Last edited:
Sir Random said:
Powercolor have added it to the X1600 Pro already:
powercolor.jpg
YOINK! That is going in my HTPC!! :D

Sir Random said:
WTF?
At 1920x1200 and max details, STALKER uses 620Mb+ (just in the start area alone) and the ARMA Demo (helicopter mission) uses all 768Mb of my GTX, plus 100Mb of system ram.

The 'soundcard' is not part of the R600 core, it's a seperate chip which can be added to any gfx card.

Powercolor have added it to the X1600 Pro already:
powercolor.jpg

How do you find out how much Video Memory is been used up?

Sir Random said:
You can use Rivatuner, ATI Tray tools, or this standalone "Video Memory Watcher" utility:
http://www.nonatainment.de/web/Default.aspx?tabid=62

Niice :D

Why on earth is the download a .htm file? :s

If games now are using all 768MB of memory on a GTX, it must mean memory leak or something, especially if there Demos.

Ok, using it now, it says my card memory is 610.75mb and system memory 245.98mb :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Gashman said:
first off, were gonna have to stop referring to all ATIs new cards as R600, lets try XT, XT-X and such, the XT is the 512mb one thats said to be similar in cost to 8800GTS but slightly better performance than the GTX (look at gibbos thread, 1 - 10 scale, 5 being GTX he gave it a 6 i think),
You do know Gibbo is a salesman who get's paid a bonus based on people buying (and especially pre ordering) new products don't you.

No disrespect to Gibbo, but he's hardly likely to post that the new ATI cards are pants and you're better off sticking with something else :)

It'll be interesting to see the facts once they are out and independant benchmarks are run. Personaly i suspect the R600 family and 8800 family of cards are going to be broadly similar in capabilities. Six of one and half a dosen of the other.

willhub said:
Niice :D

Why on earth is the download a .htm file? :s

If games now are using all 768MB of memory on a GTX, it must mean memory leak or something, especially if there Demos.

Ok, using it now, it says my card memory is 610.75mb :confused:

Exactly those two games are two examples of the worst coded games to come out for a long time. As i said in another thread both were made in a garage by Russian illegals. :D

About these AA arguments,

The only thing that really matters is the type of AA applied.

The actual number of passes (x4, x8, x32, x64, etc) can be set in the drivers, and any amount is theoretically possible. Both ATi and Nv could launch drivers allowing 1024xAA if they wanted to.

Athanor said:
No disrespect to Gibbo, but he's hardly likely to post that the new ATI cards are pants and you're better off sticking with something else :)
He basically said that the 8600GTS is pants at the price-point he was going to sell it at because the X1950Pro is a fair bit cheaper and the 8800GTS isn't much dearer. He's not one to dishonestly big up a product just to sell it when he can offer a better alternative, even if it means missing out on some profit.

The profit margin on graphics cards is probably chump change to him anyway, look at what he drives. ;)

Sir Random said:

The actual number of passes (x4, x8, x32, x64, etc) can be set in the drivers, and any amount is theoretically possible. Both ATi and Nv could launch drivers allowing 1024xAA if they wanted to.
I was thinking this was possible as well....Just need a card now that can run the latest games with 24xAA or 32xAA..

Sir Random said:

Yea but no card could ever ever do that :D.

So do 100+ drivers enable Nvidia Single GPU's to utilize 32x AA?

Back
Top Bottom