• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Tom|Nbk said:
Look around, your the only person bothered :p , can't see why anyone would get up tight about It unless they, themselves were an Illegal ;). Judging from your previous post's im suprised you havn't been banned already with all those swearies. Tut. Tut.

1. Yes, I am from Russia.

2. No, I am not an "illegal".

3. In no post have I used a swear word (you can look them all up in the dictionary if you don't know what they mean).

Ulfhedjinn said:
It's called a joke. It might be tasteless, but it's still not at all serious.

God forbid you ever read the General Discussion and Speaker's Corner forums, you might end up writing to your MP.

LOL was just about to direct him to the Speaker's Corner but then refrained thinking it wouldn't be such a good idea :D .

Athanor said:
You do know Gibbo is a salesman who get's paid a bonus based on people buying (and especially pre ordering) new products don't you.

No disrespect to Gibbo, but he's hardly likely to post that the new ATI cards are pants and you're better off sticking with something else :)

It'll be interesting to see the facts once they are out and independant benchmarks are run. Personaly i suspect the R600 family and 8800 family of cards are going to be broadly similar in capabilities. Six of one and half a dosen of the other.

Hi there

If something is pants I will just say so.

For example the early reports on the 8600 GTS look like it could indeed be pants, if it is OcUK will sell them but I will not be recommending them.

Another example is we sell Corsair, in fact we sell lots of it, but I never recommend it, I point people towards OCZ, Geil and G.Skill as far better deals to be had.

The R600 has impressed me personally so I have no issues recommending it. At end of the day our customers are going to buy something from OcUK so what they choose to buy is still at the end of the day a sale for OcUK and gets me closer to my targets so I earn a nice big bonus cheque. :)

Hope that makes sense as I've had a bit too much sun today I think, my head kinda feels dizzy. :eek:

neo202020 said:
If that is not the case then I fail to understand the point of his post, particularly given the fact that eastern Europeans are well known for their work ethic and professional attitude.

Looking through the last page or 2, You are being tediously nasty towards people, Picking on someone for typing its, instead of it's. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Gibbo said:
The R600 has impressed me personally so I have no issues recommending it. At end of the day our customers are going to buy something from OcUK so what they choose to buy is still at the end of the day a sale for OcUK and gets me closer to my targets so I earn a nice big bonus cheque. :)

Any whens? and How much's available yet? :p

neo202020 said:
3. In no post have I used a swear word (you can look them all up in the dictionary if you don't know what they mean).

You really need to work on your ninja skills Tut. Don't worry you'll get there.

lawl4rd6.jpg

:p :D

Aint even gonna attemp to figure out how this thread went from R600 to illegal russians :p

We need R600 512meg cards @ Ocuk @ £249.99-£299.99 + full Reviews/

Anyone think its better to hold off for the R600 1024meg version ?

HighlandeR said:
Aint even gonna attemp to figure out how this thread went from R600 to illegal russians :p

We need R600 512meg cards @ Ocuk @ £249.99-£299.99 + full Reviews/

Baffles me aswell, AFAIK the R600XT-X is going to be 65nm but very high priced and in short supply due to a low yield, this could have course improve but we will have to wait and see.

Gibbo have you had any information about when to expect the NDA to be lifted or such?

HighlandeR said:
Do you need a new card now or can you get by with what card you have already for a few weeks/months till the xt-x is released...

I think only yourself can answer this one..

No one going know how much or how faster the xt-x is going to be yet..

Last edited:
willhub said:
So do 100+ drivers enable Nvidia Single GPU's to utilize 32x AA?
It works on 97.94's with a GTX.

The difference is just noticeable over 16xAA, softens the edge a bit. But you'd be hard pressed to see it in game. Doesn't seem to effect performance that much, at least under vsync @ 60 fps. So I don't know why its not available in the control panel.

no AA

16xQ (CSAA)

32xS (2x2 SSAA+8xMS)

16 vs 32 (like I said it pretty subtle, but it's there)

Last edited:
fornowagain said:
It works on 97.94's with a GTX.

The difference is just noticeable over 16xAA, softens the edge a bit. But you'd be hard pressed to see it in game. Doesn't seem to effect performance that much, at least under vsync @ 60 fps. So I don't know why its not available in the control panel.

Its a Placebo! that is noway 32xAA

Back
Top Bottom