• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Er, kinda offtopic but going back to the "Video Memory Watcher" someone mentioned earlier. I would like to ask why it displays me as having 490MB Card Memory and 250MB System memory, when I have 256mb card memory (x1950xt) and 2GM ram?

mda96bjh said:
hi gibbo.......is this card quieter than the 8800gtx then???.........Noise has become a bit of a bugbear fro me lately.....i think i'm getting old........
I'll reiterate this as I don't think it was answered.

Which one is louder then at idle and load?

People think they are getting a great card, but in reality even though it is cheaper than an 8800 GTX and as well performing a better one will soon follow (and i mean soon!) since they are so late getting cards out already..

Worth waiting for the best one for games like crysis imo.

Perfect_Chaos said:
People think they are getting a great card, but in reality even though it is cheaper than an 8800 GTX and as well performing a better one will soon follow (and i mean soon!) since they are so late getting cards out already..

Worth waiting for the best one for games like crysis imo.

This is true but unfortunately this doesnt apply because its R600 and the fanatics that have waiting 6 months+ must have it ! ! ! :p

If its faster and cheaper than my old 8800gtx I'm going to try one.

3.4.JPG

Gibbo?

SM2.0 Score: 5262
HDR/SM3.0 Score: 5378

The cpu was overclocked for benchmarking to prevent bottlenecking

EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX KO ACS3
Asus P5N-E SLi nForce 650
GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400C4 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2
Core 2 DUO E6400 @ 3.4ghz

Last edited:
Lolcb said:
Wont risk it with your PSU. Prepare to spend an amount around the price of a GTX.

PSU + R600.

My PSU can handle 1900XT-Xfired confirmed by Moi (I had it for months), will be more than enough my friend, sit tight fella', and brace yourself :D .

Another titbit..

Same as before, no proof, just those that know Dynasty will no doubt comment on his rep.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2131444&postcount=29

Dynasty said:
The X2900 XT (512mb/256bit) is slower then 8800 gtx.
The 2900 XT/512mb does 10200 in 3D 06 stock clocks vs 8800 gtx @ 10900
both using QX6700 @ 3.6 testing.

Yes, 8800 U is just pretty much what the 7800gtx 512mb was over an year ago.
I could sell them for an pretty penny, they never loss value as they were
so hard to find...:D

And no mention of which drivers either.

Well that doesn't sound right - 10900 for an 8800GTX with a QX6700 @ 3.6 :eek: I can get about 11400 with only the factory OC on my GTX (600 vs 575) and that's with a C2D, not a quad core, and in Vista! I'm sure you'd score higher with a quad core at 3.6.

Tom|Nbk said:
My PSU can handle 1900XT-Xfired confirmed by Moi (I had it for months), will be more than enough my friend, sit tight fella', and brace yourself :D .

I think you hit the nail on the head "brace yourself" as that's what will happen when the PSU gets overloaded...at any point it could meltdown or blowup!

Doesnt sound too right now that u mentioned your specs and scores :eek:

Not when theres 2 people posting higher scores of 11k+ and with less specs.....

Perhaps hes doing something wrong but hard to say...

Someone should post this link into that forum just for him to see ;)

Id love to run 3dmark 06 on my Q6600/GTX but alas it simply crashes upon starting the main screen.

HighlandeR said:
Doesnt sound too right now that u mentioned your specs and scores :eek:

Not when theres 2 people posting higher scores of 11k+ and with less specs.....

Perhaps hes doing something wrong but hard to say...

Someone should post this link into that forum just for him to see ;)

Id love to run 3dmark 06 on my Q6600/GTX but alas it simply crashes upon starting the main screen.

It depends on the system at the time the test is run. If you have McAfee and a screengrabber running the background then your scores will suffer. I suspect he's not got the machine properly stripped back to really max out the benchmark.

Back
Top Bottom