• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Gibbo said:
Hi there

Good news!

On launch day we will have stock on our shelves, so its gonna be a hard launch, not just a paper one. :)

Sweet! I take it you're still not able to say when the day is or what the price will be? Are we talking about the whole range here btw, or just the XT?

Gibbo, with your modest setup (lol), will my super FX-55 single core (even more lol ) prove "too-little" for Such a powerful card like the R600?. That said, I was going for a 8800GTX (but for the drivers etc), to go with my CPU I have, as I now have a Samsung 226BW with 1650x1080 res.

So will a R600 Coupled with my AMD FX-55, along with my "higher" res, be ok with the R600? - "Bottleneck" seems to be a word thats been in me head all day :(

TIA

-Ant

ihatelag said:
I think you hit the nail on the head "brace yourself" as that's what will happen when the PSU gets overloaded...at any point it could meltdown or blowup!

Nope anything over 550w will be fine. Sick of seeing people over react about the power requirements etc, FYI they wont be much more than the GTX if at all. You'll see.

From the RUMOURS on the web its been said that R600XT will use around 200-230w, now i used X1900XT crossfire for months, this uses 240w, so I will be perfectly fine for the XT. :D , it's the same old, new card gets announced, people cry about power requirements, when in actual fact the card may only use around 50-80w more than the GTX, BIG DEAL.

Gibbo said:
Hi there

Good news!

On launch day we will have stock on our shelves, so its gonna be a hard launch, not just a paper one. :)

Well considering its been delayed out the wazoo im not really suprised, if they did a paper launch they may as well take any r600 inventory they have and bin it as people would be telling them where to cram it. :eek:

And when is launch day btw, some say this month others may sometime. :confused:

Tom|Nbk said:
From the RUMOURS on the web its been said that R600XT will use around 200-230w, now i used X1900XT crossfire for months, this uses 240w, so I will be perfectly fine for the XT. :D , it's the same old, new card gets announced, people cry about power requirements, when in actual fact the card may only use around 50-80w more than the GTX, BIG DEAL.

If you use your computer regulary for 8hrs per day. Over a 2 year period this 80w equates to £46.72 in extra power consumption (based on 10p per KWh).

Multiply this by the number of units sold think of the increase to the global carbon footprint and the damage to the environment.

Gotta to go light another candle :)

Deks

Deks said:
If you use your computer regulary for 8hrs per day. Over a 2 year period this 80w equates to £46.72 in extra power consumption (based on 10p per KWh).

Multiply this by the number of units sold think of the increase to the global carbon footprint and the damage to the environment.

Gotta to go light another candle :)

Deks

Haha, the X2900XT contributing to destroying the world :D

Dutch Guy said:
It's not just the power use at idle that can be worrying, my 8800GTS does not clock down in 2D mode, that together with the large die size means a much higher idle power use which is by no means a show stopper but is does cost more money to run.

There must be a way to force 2D clocks on it using some software.

Dutch Guy said:
It's not just the power use at idle that can be worrying, my 8800GTS does not clock down in 2D mode, that together with the large die size means a much higher idle power use which is by no means a show stopper but is does cost more money to run.

Maybe its not the increase in CO2 gases destroying the ozone layer leading to global warming. Its only a theory but could it be the introduction of all these new high powered graphics cards running in everyone's computer that has caused the increase in world temperatures?

Time to write a letter to the PM me thinks :)

Deks

Back
Top Bottom