• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Soldato
Only news to you becuase you believe the BS ... lets see ... ban aerosoles containing CFC 'cos they eat the ozone ... oh wait they have been banned several years already and it made no difference ... but if you want to bleet along with the other sheep, fair enough ... I love mint sauce with my lamb :D

now enough already, I want to know when I can buy this graphics card that will wreck the earth I live on :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Who is buying an R600 then? All vote now.

Im not buying one, its going to cost enough upgrading to core2 as it is. I am happy with my x1900xt which despite its low 2nd hand value I consider it still high end (at least until I want to play a game it cant handle). I have no desire to buy Vista for dx10. I think part of the reason the x1900xt has dropped £160-£170 in ten months is that dx10 cards are out.

Ill get dx10 when it doesnt involve loading a garbage OS onto my PC. ;)

Associate
Is the current speculation still pointing to an end of April R600 release date or is this too optimistic? :cool:

All this man made global warming "BS"...cows, blame the cows for this :o

Soldato
Ill get one as i can sell my GTS for around £170-£180 which will be getting sold very soon, thus moving to the R600 will only cost £100. So that's a definate yes from me unless it turns out to be dire.

Associate
megatron said:
Who is buying an R600 then? All vote now.

Im not buying one, its going to cost enough upgrading to core2 as it is. I am happy with my x1900xt which despite its low 2nd hand value I consider it still high end (at least until I want to play a game it cant handle). I have no desire to buy Vista for dx10. I think part of the reason the x1900xt has dropped £160-£170 in ten months is that dx10 cards are out.

Ill get dx10 when it doesnt involve loading a garbage OS onto my PC. ;)

Couldnt agree more megatron. The computer industry just moves too fast for my wallet to keep up. I Bought my socket 939 Dual core setup and 6800GS just over a year ago I payed about 700 quid for it. Back then it was considered a high end set up. soclet 939's were at the top and AMD's Dual core's were almost brand new. Later i decided to get another 6800GS to put into Sli. I can run pretty much every game out atm on mid/high settings with an overclock on the GPU.

The date is now 16th April 2007, just over a year since i bought my system. Now every single component in my pc is discontinued apart from the psu. WTF!! just over a year ago it was all brad spanking new, cutting edge components. Now id be lucky to get more than 300 quid for my setup. Tbh the people who are selling their 8800's for the R600 are just raving mad. The 8800's are more than capable of runing any game maxed out settings and still have a decent fps. So your willing to spend a few hundred more quid o something that you will actually see no visual difference from an 8800. Plus R600 will be out of date by the end of this year i promise you. Also vista is pointless as it is still incompatible with many applications etc and Microsoft are planning to release their next OS in TWO years. If you look at the average households pc then its pants compared to my system which in the high end pc world is "out of date" but would wipe the floor with your bog standard of the shelf pc from Dell, Compaq, HP etc etc ..

I dont know how some of you can afford to keep up with everything, you must all be highly skilled bank robbers :p

Associate
I would like one, may have to wait for the 65nm XT-X though, I only have a Shuttle and the 65nm should have lower power consumption.

Having said that there is the issue of x16 PCIe, my Crossfired 1950XT-X's run OK on 2x8 PCIe but will an R600 run ok on 8xPCIe?

Soldato
Gonzo0 said:
Couldnt agree more megatron. The computer industry just moves too fast for my wallet to keep up. I Bought my socket 939 Dual core setup and 6800GS just over a year ago I payed about 700 quid for it. Back then it was considered a high end set up. soclet 939's were at the top and AMD's Dual core's were almost brand new. Later i decided to get another 6800GS to put into Sli. I can run pretty much every game out atm on mid/high settings with an overclock on the GPU.

The date is now 16th April 2007, just over a year since i bought my system. Now every single component in my pc is discontinued apart from the psu. WTF!! just over a year ago it was all brad spanking new, cutting edge components. Now id be lucky to get more than 300 quid for my setup. Tbh the people who are selling their 8800's for the R600 are just raving mad. The 8800's are more than capable of runing any game maxed out settings and still have a decent fps. So your willing to spend a few hundred more quid o something that you will actually see no visual difference from an 8800. Plus R600 will be out of date by the end of this year i promise you. Also vista is pointless as it is still incompatible with many applications etc and Microsoft are planning to release their next OS in TWO years. If you look at the average households pc then its pants compared to my system which in the high end pc world is "out of date" but would wipe the floor with your bog standard of the shelf pc from Dell, Compaq, HP etc etc ..

I dont know how some of you can afford to keep up with everything, you must all be highly skilled bank robbers :p

No, its not robbery you just have to keep up with the game, and moving to different hardware and selling the existing stuff before it loses to much, You do that and you shouldn't lose to much. Sorry but It's people who buy an uber system one year and then whine one year down the line when there stuck with it and its worth 90% less than it was when they originally purchased It. To lose the least amount of money you have to keep moving. As for selling my 8800 for an R600 no not mad at all, for the reasons stated above and the fact I need more VRAM for my needs.

Soldato
Tom|Nbk said:
No, its not robbery you just have to keep up with the game, and moving to different hardware and selling the existing stuff before it loses to much, You do that and you shouldn't lose to much. Sorry but It's people who buy an uber system one year and then whine one year down the line when there stuck with it and its worth 90% less than it was when they originally purchased It. To lose the least amount of money you have to keep moving. As for selling my 8800 for an R600 no not mad at all, for the reasons stated above and the fact I need more VRAM for my needs.
Exactly, it's called depreciation for all those who don't know and if you follow the market closely and sell your components just before they lose too much value, (preferably while keeping a laptop or second PC to tide you over till the next components come out), then you'll always stay ahead of the rat race.

Back
Top Bottom