gigabyte ax370 k5 vs 5?

Associate
on OcUK - they are way out of sync with their competitors on pricing of both these boards
So now the 370 Gaming 5 in this weeks deal (£179.99) ,
ab350 Gaming 3 is £101.99 & also in the deal .
K5 not in this weeks deal but got the turbo bc chip ,
Then again the Gaming K7 is in this weeks deal at £217.99 ....
Will Wango , Tango with that price of one of them ..Mhmm

Very good video below , K7 & 5 may be the most efficient out of all the current AM4 boards
PCB Breakdown: Gigabyte X370 Gaming K7(same VRM as Gaming 5)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So now the 370 Gaming 5 in this weeks deal (£179.99) ,
ab350 Gaming 3 is £101.99 & also in the deal .
K5 not in this weeks deal but got the turbo bc chip ,
Then again the Gaming K7 is in this weeks deal at £217.99 ....
Will Wango , Tango with that price of one of them ..Mhmm

Very good video below , K7 & 5 may be the most efficient out of all the current AM4 boards
PCB Breakdown: Gigabyte X370 Gaming K7(same VRM as Gaming 5)

i hate you!

K7 can be had for a smidge over 200 quid elsewhere! as I said earlier, sadly it seems OcUK are quite a bit off the mark on the pricing of these boards :(

Last edited:
Associate
The first week of rel of the gaming 5 , a web site had it for £167 then went up after 2 weeks
I say tango with the K7 then ,otherwise the ASUS CH6 is at a good smidge over price :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
sooooo,

the k5 can be had for £149.99
the 5 can be had for £175.99
the k7 can be had for £200.99

someone make my decision for me!!

cpu will be watercooled , will never dual card the system but will likely oc (though can't imagine i'll be pushing for a world record oc.

so which board is the board for me!!! heeeeelllllppppppp

I have being so indecisive!

Soldato
sooooo,

the k5 can be had for £149.99
the 5 can be had for £175.99
the k7 can be had for £200.99

someone make my decision for me!!

cpu will be watercooled , will never dual card the system but will likely oc (though can't imagine i'll be pushing for a world record oc.

so which board is the board for me!!! heeeeelllllppppppp

I have being so indecisive!

I have k5, love it if you understand what it's there for! limited Bios ( may change with bios updates) but does have BLCK if you know how to use it and has supported a few ram kits not listed on its site. For me this board is perfect to drop in an X model! and do the hard work of RAM yourself.
K5+ Ryzen 5 1500X = nice combo at a good price

K7 is perfect for NON X Models but you'll do the hardwork of CPU and RAM overclock yourself. Hopefully will get lucky with XMP- lotto with every ryzen board at moment and Gigabyte Forum is very active for Beta releases and updates
K7 + Ryzen 7 1700 = good price and should hit 1800X speeds with some saving - solid VRM to help it hold

new AMD coding may help get ride of the need for BLCK chips but rather have a Plan B :)

hope this helps

Associate
Don't Forget the gaming K3 also as the Turbo Bclk chip :)
I myself would not get a motherboard for the bclk chip ,
all that may help maybe for higher with memory over 3200 ,maybe ,
with the new bios updates to sort out the memory so can run the sticks at say 3200mhz, i would not use it , Be really little more use for bclk

All the range of motherboards can oc say a 1700 to 3.9 ,
all comes down to if your CPU being a ryzen 1600 or 1700 is one of them that can do that ,
silicon lottery , Luck , RnG
no need to for a X version ,you just be wasting money.

I like theGA-AB350-Gaming 3 AMD B350 (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard more than my Gaming 5 .

Also changing from the Gaming 3 to gaming 5 , My 1700 runs at 3.9ghz using the same volts i input in bios.

I'm now going to buy the
GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 AMD B350 (Socket AM4) DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard for a Silverstone
SST-SG10B Sugo SG10 build ,use my phanteks ph-tc14s cpu cooler

Nice simple board with only 1 internet lan port & got 8 USB ports on the IO rear

Go for the K7 if you want it all ,Turbo clk chip with all the vrms & LEDs all over , otherwise go for a cheaper board £100 or under , Wango.

Last edited:
Associate
@Darren_uk, mind if I ask why you're changing from the gaming 5 to the gaming 3?[/QUOTE]

I went with GA-AB350-Gaming 3 ,Build for Value for money , More simple to OC & found a little better on Memory timings ,
I went for the Gaming 5 thinking it do better with Overclocking & with More Vrms ,
At to send some 3200mhz memory back Due to not even working at 2133mhz in the gaming 5, Found out Gaming 3 better for me & i love small builds so will go for the Micro ATX Version of gaming 3

, so will keep the gaming 5 maybe for back up or if i want to go back to full size ATX build in my Corsair 400C case
Also with the silverstone SST-SG10B Sugo micro atx Case it comes with 3 good fans & all run off a built in fan control hub at back ,So easy to flip the switch,
Otherwise i just love builds :)
I may wait it out for the New In win 301 M-ATX Case in June , in the USA it around $69

Last edited:
Associate
Go for the K7 with 1700 ,Wango , if you going 1500/1600 they take less watts/heat so go for a cheaper board like k5 or k3 , for value , if you go for 1500/1600 Same money & get a air cooler like my phanteks , all in one liquid cooler will not be needed ,
i'm fine with my air cooler on the 1700 @3.9ghz :) any higher you need a good liquid cooler
if your CPU can go that high.

Last edited:
Associate
As i stated my 1700 oc to 3.9 fine on 350 gaming 3 & gaming 5 ,
Found gaming 3 was more easy ,
Temps around the same stay in 60s under load with my cooler ,
Vrms same temp ,
don't think really any diff in the VRM heat sinks & amount of vrms Do help & more so 1700 for how power loads ,
then again you would never use half of what them vrms can take on gaming 5/ k7 as seen in that video from the otherday ,
there have been reports on the 350 boards & 1700s OC on how long the boards can hold up being 350 ...time will tell
If your not happy with the board you choose you got the 14 days to return it .

Zen 1600+ 1700+ CPU same just with that function XFR with the +

Last edited:
Soldato
Almost certainly going 1600.

Out of curiosity do you say 1700/K7 due to the 1700 needing the better board vrms for oc'ing?
I'll likely plop a zen+ chip in at a later date so thinking I should maybe go with a better board now.

i just like 7s haha :D
Plus I find if you going for top tier CPU you logically go top tier board, like wise mid range CPU with Board for costs. Not to say it would be pointless sticking a 1080 Ti with a Ryzen 5 chip, but would be said for using it with an i3 basic cpu etc etc

Getting a better flagship board for Zen+ makes sense as we dont know what it will be like in the future so your future proofing yourself more. Chips might need more/better power regulation or the chip could have better design meaning it can get away with a lessor board... factors for the future i guess.

another note for Higher boards is Ram- which again is an open ended question. they did state 3600hz support with k7 at the start and they intend to hit it, not sure if the same can be said for the k5 or Gaming 3 as they only have one VRM, Gaming 5 and K7 have 2.

K7 does have the bios features long with 5 but k5 has yet to get them and may never get them, it is aimed lower on the market

Back
Top Bottom