Gigabyte DS3/DS4/DQ6 Guide

Associate
I've just updated to F6 - and I swear the fans on my system are running quieter now. Unfortunately I didn't check on fan speeds before updating - so if anybody is planning to update perhaps you would take a note of your fan speeds before and after.

I should add that this was for the 965P-DQ6 motherboard.

Associate
Does anyone know exactly what RGB is used for?
It stands for Robust Graphics Booster (at work, so could be slightly off) and is in the overclocking section of the BIOS.

As with all BIOS options there is hardly any proper information to be found on.

[edit]Alright, so there seems to be some info on it. It appearently overclocks the Core (not sure on memory) of the videocard installed.[/edit]

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Carol Steele said:
I've just updated to F6 - and I swear the fans on my system are running quieter now. Unfortunately I didn't check on fan speeds before updating - so if anybody is planning to update perhaps you would take a note of your fan speeds before and after.

I should add that this was for the 965P-DQ6 motherboard.
If you're talking about the CPU fan, then you can change the settings manually and make the fan spin at a std speed rather than speeding up and down all the time!

Associate
Had a little play with voltages yesterday....best i got so far overclocking in windows was 3.770mhz...so i thought i'd up Vmch, fsb a bit more and it booted into windows @ 3.760mhz and got me my pb super pi score of 13.5s....take a look as i've added the settings i used maybe someone wants to give it a try....but remember i was using a deskfan for xtra cooling. :D

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17632804&page=6

Caporegime
Not sure wether the G skill is holding me back with this mobo.

conroe3.jpg

Associate
I got a weird thing going on. Was wondering if others have this too.

When I got my E6400 at 3.2GHz (400x8) everything is fine, with default VCore and only the normal Voltage increases too MCH/FSB and memory.

When I put the VCore to 1.4750V, MCH/FSB to +0.2V and let the CPU run at 3360MHz (420*8) I hear a whining sound coming from my computer case.
It's like a high pitched sound.
The VCore maybe to high for this speed, but it's only for testing.

You can really hear it getting louder as their is load put on the CPU, because when it's off you hear the sound level dropping off.

It is a reallt annoying sound when you are close to the machine, so I was wondering if anyone else knows about this.

Associate
OP
Right i've just slapped the F6 bios on for my DS4 and it hasn't improved clocking at all.... The most I can get out of this setup seems to be 378 x 9 = 3.4ghz, I can't believe i'm limited by the CPU at 3.4ghz!

These are my current settings:

CPU Multi = x 9
CPU Host Freq = 378
CPU Spd = 3402mhz
Memory Multi = x 2
Mem Spd = 756mhz
Mem Latency = 4-4-4-12
Vdimm = 2.1v
Vcore = 1.5v
Vmch = +0.1v
Vfsb = +0.1v

Any ideas? Cos atm this seems to be the max... I have tried the Vcore all the way up to 1.55v, but even then I can't clock any further!

Associate
I am using OCZ platium PC6400 revision 2 with a DQ6 board with no problems. Just thought I would mention that seeing a previous post that said OCZ won't work with these boards. The revision 2 memory has sorted out the bugs and now the memory works with gigabyte and asus boards, ie P5W DH.

Associate
Monstermunch said:
Right i've just slapped the F6 bios on for my DS4 and it hasn't improved clocking at all.... The most I can get out of this setup seems to be 378 x 9 = 3.4ghz, I can't believe i'm limited by the CPU at 3.4ghz!

Try upping Vdimm = 2.1v - 2.2v
Vcore = 1.5v may need a bit more
Vmch = +0.1v - 0.15v
Vfsb = +0.1v - 0.15v

Associate
I'm now using the F6 bios (for the DS4) and with the the aid of the guide here(thanks!), I've overclocked my E6300 to 2.8 My temps on full load are around 54C should I push some more? :confused:

Permabanned
i got my DQ6 @ 430 FSB running at 3ghz now with cpu getting to 66 load (TAT) , the chippy was getting a bit toasty so i added a side pannl fan to my case now it never goes above 40 :D , going to try more later

Associate
Robust Graphics Booster (RGB) actually overclocks your graphic card's GPU. There don't seem to be any real information about how it does this or by how much. It's something I'd personally avoid as I don't want to risk a borked card for the sake of a single 'greedy' BIOS setting.

Has anyone else tried dropping the core voltage? I'm runnng an E6300 on a DS4 with the Geil PC6400 stuff at 1:1, 430x7 ([email protected]), +0.1V to FSB, MCH and PCI-E, +0.3V to RAM. With a Ninja I'm getting 30C idle, 45C full load with Orthos blend (both cores).

I'd originally set 1.3V by mistake, but after 14 hours of Orthos without error I'm very happy.

Soldato
Hi,

I just built a

6300 with Ninja HS
DS4
1gb of Geil PC5300 667MHz

ATM im running at 2.9ghz
Vcore 1.41
Bus 420 * 7
Temps are around 60c under load.

Is this about correct for my set up, or could I expect to push further?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom