• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Windforce sounds like dishwasher

Associate
I've chased them for an answer on the BIOS, not had an answer yet. That date is just over two weeks away, while i'd hope my HQ team would have a fix by then I cannot promise we will.

Sorry.
Ok thanks. Do you think there will be a fix eventually? Other than the fan issue the card is really good (and not too loud during normal use), so if I can avoid the RMA hassle, waiting a few weeks for a fix is fine.

Associate
If a BIOS fix is required I will keep chasing until we get it, just not possible for me to get you an exact date.
Ok. I actually spent a lot of time working with the card this weekend and the noise was just too annoying, so I sent it back this morning.

I saw that it is possible to make or use custom fan curve scripts on Linux, but this seems like too much work for something that should work correctly out of the box...

Thanks for your help and I hope the issue can be solved for other people, as there seem to be quite a lot of posts/videos about it.

Associate
I will keep chasing this up regardless.

Yes, please! :)

Like others, I have a 2080 Ti Gaming OC with F10 bios with Samsung memory. There is no bios update and weird enough, not even the F10 is available on the support page.

However, I hope that Samsung memory is equal with "NOT another failed 2080" and because I can manage the fan problem via third party software, I can live with it BUT ... is not a cheap card and for that money, aside failing hardware, it should be flawless and fan rotation is just bad programming, superficial to be more precise.

So please, keep up the pressure, we need a bios with fan correction applied for every card. :)

In the images, you can see that at 37 degrees, the fans are in an eternal cycle of start/stop/start/etc and without slightest variation in temperature, it's hard to justify that behaviour.

Thanks!

URzXsOu.jpg

YiyxdT5.jpg

Associate
Hi all,

Have you guys tried the new BIOS, is everything okay? I only have the micron version of the card so couldn't test it personally.

Not really .. the file is named N208TWO.F11 but in the signature, the name of the file is N1070G18.F1 and it's compiled on 23.04, long before our discussion.

I imagine that the purpose of the N208TWO.F11 is to determine the OS version and use the appropriate x64/x32 archive, but the archives date is 29.04, also long before the discussion.

I don't get why the archives are encrypted with a password but given all the "abnormalities", I didn't want to take the chance for what could be a wrong file.

Associate
Funny thing, I still don't have a decent replacement card. I ordered a Gainward GS card which got lost in transit. My current MSI Ventus card makes an even worse noise, so I have to send it back too...

I guess I should have kept the Gigabyte card and waited for the BIOS...

Associate
I've contacted Gigabyte support and the answer was this:
The graphics cards have different BIOS versions for one model. You can only update to a VBIOS version of the same series.

If your VBIOS version is:
F1, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F2-F9.
F10, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F11-F19.
F20, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F21-F29.

Therefore, there is no BIOS version for F10 series graphics card.
For the fan issue, please do not set fan speed (%) to any value lower than 40%. If you still have any concern, we would suggest you use AORUS ENGINE then provide us the log file (Please record the log file at least for 10 minutes.) when the problem happens. Kindly also record a video about the issue, upload the file to a 3rd party website (e.g. google drive, dropbox...etc.) and provide us the download link. We will forward to relevant department for confirmation.

So, in other words..

"we used some cheap fans and they can't be controlled at lower rotations (or in small increments)".

The request to send some data was AFTER I've sent them the same data as the one posted above but they insisted for Aorus as a source, so I gave up, set up Afterburner to start to fan at 35% and that's that.

Soldato
OP
The funny thing is that now I've got my PC away in the far corner, I'd like to try running my GPU at full blast. Except it's locked in quiet mode! I can't get in to Aorus Engine to change it.

Hey, @GIGA-Man, any update?

Associate
The funny thing is that now I've got my PC away in the far corner, I'd like to try running my GPU at full blast. Except it's locked in quiet mode! I can't get in to Aorus Engine to change it.

Hey, @GIGA-Man, any update?

I've talked to my HQ on numerous occasions and they are insisting they cannot replicate the issue. I know it's a pain but the only thing I can recommend is a complete fresh install, I had an issues recently where the BIOS on the MICRON cards could not be updated and the last few versions of AORUS engine could not flash them.

I did a fresh install and the issue went away, I had gone as far as editing the registry but even that didn't fix the issue.

If you so this and still have the same issue, I will re-open the case with my HQ using your previous videos.

I've just mailed my HQ again explain you are still having the same issue, even with the latest version.

Associate
I've contacted Gigabyte support and the answer was this:

So, in other words..

"we used some cheap fans and they can't be controlled at lower rotations (or in small increments)".

The request to send some data was AFTER I've sent them the same data as the one posted above but they insisted for Aorus as a source, so I gave up, set up Afterburner to start to fan at 35% and that's that.

Did you get a referance number for this conversion?

Associate
Any bios for those with Samsung Memory 2080ti Windforce Oc GigaMan? I am still having the fan reving and the only bios on the official site is for Micron.

What should i do?

I am now on bios version 90.02.17.40.6F(i got it from tech powerup vga bios collection https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/207674/gigabyte-rtx2080ti-11264-181225 ) . It did helped a bit versus the original bios but it still revvs.

Can you give me the version that is on the Gigabyte official site but for Samsung Memory?

Back
Top Bottom