• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Windforce sounds like dishwasher

Soldato
OP
Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.379]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\qts.albertden>systeminfo
Host Name:                 DESKTOP
OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
OS Version:                10.0.17763 N/A Build 17763
OS Manufacturer:           Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration:          Member Workstation
OS Build Type:             Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner:          Windows User
Registered Organization:
Product ID:                (Deleted)
Original Install Date:     03/10/2018, 18:28:41
System Boot Time:          26/03/2019, 10:31:43
System Manufacturer:       Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model:              Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
System Type:               x64-based PC
Processor(s):              1 Processor(s) Installed.
                           [01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz
BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. F6, 31/10/2017
Windows Directory:         C:\WINDOWS
System Directory:          C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device:               \Device\HarddiskVolume2
System Locale:             en-gb;English (United Kingdom)
Input Locale:              en-gb;English (United Kingdom)
Time Zone:                 (UTC+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London
Total Physical Memory:     32,712 MB
Available Physical Memory: 23,895 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size:  39,368 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 25,986 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use:    13,382 MB
Page File Location(s):     C:\pagefile.sys
Domain:                    albertden.local
Logon Server:              \\MICROSERVER
Hotfix(s):                 9 Hotfix(s) Installed.
                           [01]: KB4483452
                           [02]: KB4465477
                           [03]: KB4465664
                           [04]: KB4470502
                           [05]: KB4470788
                           [06]: KB4480056
                           [07]: KB4487038
                           [08]: KB4489907
                           [09]: KB4489899
Network Card(s):           3 NIC(s) Installed.
                           [01]: Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter
                                 Connection Name: vEthernet (Default Switch)
                                 DHCP Enabled:    No
                                 IP address(es)
                                 [01]: 172.17.100.1
                                 [02]: fe80::4070:398b:21f4:2c2
                           [02]: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
                                 Connection Name: Ethernet
                                 DHCP Enabled:    Yes
                                 DHCP Server:     192.168.1.254
                                 IP address(es)
                                 [01]: 192.168.1.20
                                 [02]: fe80::f917:a4eb:134:4948
                           [03]: Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter
                                 Connection Name: vEthernet (HvsiIcs)
                                 DHCP Enabled:    No
                                 IP address(es)
                                 [01]: 192.168.164.241
                                 [02]: fe80::812b:4bf6:9f01:de2e
Hyper-V Requirements:      A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.

Soldato
OP
Right. After using VLC to encode videos for Youtube only to have them rejected, I uploaded the 250 MB original and Youtube accepted it here:

It's taken on my mobile phone so it's not exactly quality!

Associate
The BIOS is not required for cards with the Samsung memory, the fans curve fix had already been applied.

That is not true at all. My 2080 ti Windforce OC with Samsung Memory came with bios version 90.02.17.00.52 and has the really annoying fan spin up and down from 0 to 33% all the time. I currently have the high power limit bios version 90.02.0B.40.6B and has exactly the same issue as the original one.

So please search a bios for Samsung Memory that has the fan curve fix.

Associate
That is not true at all. My 2080 ti Windforce OC with Samsung Memory came with bios version 90.02.17.00.52 and has the really annoying fan spin up and down from 0 to 33% all the time. I currently have the high power limit bios version 90.02.0B.40.6B and has exactly the same issue as the original one.

So please search a bios for Samsung Memory that has the fan curve fix.

I have the same issue. My BIOS is F10. The card makes an annoying noise when reaching 50 degrees.

They need to fix this. This is unacceptable for a 1200€ product. Some people here work for a whole month to get that money and GIGABYTE's engineers can't spend an hour implementing and CHECKING a basic hysteresis? This is a joke.

If they don't fix it, I will make videos and reddit/facebook/twitter posts so nobody ever buys this **** again. Don't lie to us @GIGA-Man.

EDIT: What happens is EXACTLY this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZESnE1uF2ek

EDIT2: And don't even start with the custom curve bullcrap. How am I supposed to set a custom curve when I'm working on Linux?

Last edited:
Associate
I have the same issue. My BIOS is F10. The card makes an annoying noise when reaching 50 degrees.

They need to fix this. This is unacceptable for a 1200€ product. Some people here work for a whole month to get that money and GIGABYTE's engineers can't spend an hour implementing and CHECKING a basic hysteresis? This is a joke.

If they don't fix it, I will make videos and reddit/facebook/twitter posts so nobody ever buys this **** again. Don't lie to us @GIGA-Man.

EDIT: What happens is EXACTLY this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZESnE1uF2ek

EDIT2: And don't even start with the custom curve bullcrap. How am I supposed to set a custom curve when I'm working on Linux?

Don't lie to you!? I am just trying to help action what you guys are reporting. I will report this to my HQ and send them the links to this thread.

Associate
You said this:

But it is not fixed.

Correct, however the definition of a lie is to deliberately supply false information to mislead a person or persons. I reported the original information to my HQ R&D team and then passed back their answer, the fact they supplied me with incorrect info is poor I agree but it does not make me a liar.
I understand your frustration and I do my best to help, I take the time to work on this forum to help users as I see it as a good service. It's not part of my job role and I don't need to do it, so with that all said, lets move back to the actual issue.
I've chased my HQ team and have asked them for an answer and fix, hopefully they will get back to me soon with an answer and or fix and I can help you out.

Associate
Correct, however the definition of a lie is to deliberately supply false information to mislead a person or persons. I reported the original information to my HQ R&D team and then passed back their answer, the fact they supplied me with incorrect info is poor I agree but it does not make me a liar.
I understand your frustration and I do my best to help, I take the time to work on this forum to help users as I see it as a good service. It's not part of my job role and I don't need to do it, so with that all said, lets move back to the actual issue.
I've chased my HQ team and have asked them for an answer and fix, hopefully they will get back to me soon with an answer and or fix and I can help you out.
Sorry if I was rude, I'm sure you're doing your best. I was just ****** about the issue.

Associate
Sorry if I was rude, I'm sure you're doing your best. I was just ****** about the issue.

No worries, it's not a cheap product so I totally understand you being upset with us. I've mailed the contact in HQ and asked them exactly what is going on here, especially in regards to the info they passed me being incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom