• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Windforce sounds like dishwasher

Soldato
OP
Thanks but while there was an improvement, there was no joy. Aorus Engine starts up fine but changing to silent mode makes Aorus Engine max one CPU core until I kill it off in Task Manager.

Associate
Hi Sin-chase,

There is a new BIOS for the AIO Water Force for better Fan control, it was published on our site at the end of Feb. Use that if you have the older version to improve the fan curves.

Soldato
Hey Giga-Man, I'm getting a Waterblocked card so no fans. Was just curious if the BIOS updates had more tweaking with regards to the reported Auros suite issues.

Associate
Okay that's good to know, happy you are now issue free. All cards now have the BIOS updates live, give me a shout if you need anything else folks.

I have a Gigabyte RTX 2080 ti Gaming OC, but my bios is F10 (not sure if this is because my card has Samsung memory or not, the info for F5 bios says its for Micron memory), so i cannot use the F5 bios from the homepage. Was just wondering when and if there will be a F11 bios with fixed fan curves?

Soldato
OP
Bump!

I'm very sorry, @GIGA-Man, to report that I now cannot run Aorus Engine at all. If I try, it shuts down all three monitors and that is that. I have to power-off the PC.

I don't know what's going on inside but it may be of import that I've just switched to fibre-optic cables for all three of my monitors and I know that they're semi-unidirectional.

Associate
Giga-Man can you post a bios with the updated fan curve for the 2080ti Windforce OC but with Samsung Memory.

The current release says that is on the support site is only for Micron Memory and if i try to install it, it says bios mismatched error with my original bios or with F2 special.

My current bios is the F2 special with the increased power limit but the fans are very annoying turning on and off constantly on web browsing.

Associate
I will ask about the memory type..

In regards to the software Quartz, I presume it was all working until you switch to fibre optic cable? What have you used Display Port V1.2 5 Meter?

Soldato
OP
In regards to the software Quartz, I presume it was all working until you switch to fibre optic cable?

Yes.

What have you used Display Port V1.2 5 Meter?

The new cables are 3x 10m DisplayPort 1.4 fibre-optic. The old cables were 1x 10m DisplayPort 1.4 fibre-optic and 2x 3m DisplayPort 1.2 copper. (And that's not a competitor link - OCUK don't sell them.)

Associate
I have a Gigabyte RTX 2080 ti Gaming OC, but my bios is F10 (not sure if this is because my card has Samsung memory or not, the info for F5 bios says its for Micron memory), so i cannot use the F5 bios from the homepage. Was just wondering when and if there will be a F11 bios with fixed fan curves?

The BIOS is not required for cards with the Samsung memory, the fans curve fix had already been applied.

Associate
The monitors didn't shut off this time though? Is this a fresh install, I know we have gone over this issue with you in the past and we couldn't replicate and other card owners also said they didn't see the issue. I wonder what is causing the issue.

Back
Top Bottom