• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Gigabyte Super OC GTX 480's - VERY LOW PRICES!**

Soldato
Send it in original packaging. card only. one layer of bubblewrap around the card and that should be less than 2kg. That should be £9.60 for RMSD

I think he meant that 105 was max safe temp

So have you tested in another system?

not tested elsewhere yet:(

but didfind a half magic setting last night-these cards aren't half quirky to exact combos of the right voltage, mem,and core speeds

ok not OCCT stable- BUT

800/1890 on memory..... 1.025V ( :) )-passed several loops of Heaven -no artefacts - andseveral hours of gaming in JC2 and the Witcher 2

temps good too

Soldato
I've a new theory ...you know Isaid 800/1890 was stable yesterday.....

and now this morning its not - artefacts in Heaven - not changed anysettings

BUT yesterday I'd had a "gash" piece of lego propping up the power end of the board to reduce amount of "droop" across the PCB...wellthis morning I removed it ...

I wonder ....I did say when I first bought the card that the PCB was less bolstered than the reference design - and felt more fragile

I'm going to put something more permenant in right now- and re-test- I'll let you know the result

but droop across the board is quite visible

at GB the card was tested on a flat bench ....

Associate

BUT yesterday I'd had a "gash" piece of lego propping up the power end of the board to reduce amount of "droop" across the PCB...wellthis morning I removed it ...

I wonder ....I did say when I first bought the card that the PCB was less bolstered than the reference design - and felt more fragile

I'm going to put something more permenant in right now- and re-test- I'll let you know the result

Cant be somthing simples like a bend in the card could it :eek: thats causing all the artifacts hhhhhhm :confused:

Did it work ?

Associate

This makes me think it might be worth using the graphics card bracket in my CM690II

Soldato
Well OCUK are fobbing me off, and won't entertain the fact the card is borked. And they are keeping my £22 :mad:

I will not order a relative a PC component again, and probably never from here at all

Anyone reading avoid the GTX 480 SoC. More trouble than it is worth

Associate
Same thing happened to me. RMA'd - Tested, No fault found - Returned - DSR'ed. Should have DSR'ed first but thought I was taking the fair and honest route with OC's.The whole process cost me £38.20 in the end, and overall a very bad experience for me. I build a few reasonable systems every year for friends etc, a few thou/year, but OC's won't be in the equasion any time soon.

Once bitten, twice - no way. Was going to get a 580 but that experience with OC's put me off upgrading for a while. My hard earned cash turned into a 6 rung 'Little Giant Ladder Pro' with all the accessories. The discerning overclockers combination ladder. CHECK IT OUT. Black anodised, individually numbered, double pass welds, overclockable and low power draw. Get In!

I'll try to convince my mates that they all need Little Giant ladder Pro's too, and not liquid cooled i7's etc.

Associate
I am really sorry to hear about all the troubles some of you have been having.
Mine has been 100% fine so far.
If you do have issues, i would follow Cleeecooo.... 580 as replacement not to be sniffed at.
Still 100% happy with mine though..... sry

Back
Top Bottom