Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Associate
Help please....
I am using 3 M2 drives on my Giga Master and wanted to confirm if this is constraining the full benefit of my 3080 GPU? I ask as it appears to be runing at X16 (HWinfo64 confirmed) but appears to be running at 2.5GBs rather than the full 16GBs available.
Am I issunderstanding this?

Associate
I think it might say 2.5 when idle. If you have GPU-Z click the little "?" by bus interface and run the render test. My readout on on HWinfo64 ticks up to 16

Soldato
OP
Help please....
I am using 3 M2 drives on my Giga Master and wanted to confirm if this is constraining the full benefit of my 3080 GPU? I ask as it appears to be runing at X16 (HWinfo64 confirmed) but appears to be running at 2.5GBs rather than the full 16GBs available.

As I understand it using the 3x M.2 loses you some SATA ports. I'm not 100% sure if it will also limit you GPU to 8x PCIE 4.0 lanes.

Soldato
Help please....

If using all 3 m.2 slots, you just lose 2 SATA ports, it doesnt affect your GPU's at all.

pb9MSxn.jpg

Soldato
But that's only if you using a M.2 PCIe SSD in the M2C socket, right ? If you using a M.2 SATA SDD in the M2C socket, then you losing no SATA ports at all ? Not sure about the difference in the M.2 SSD's though.

Yes thats right, and M.2 PCI-e SSDs are nvme drives, like 3000MB/s upwards, I hate that they call them M.2 PCI-e SSD's just call them nvme, makes it a lot easier to confuse them with M.2 SATA SSDs which just read and write at the same speed as a normal SSD so around 600MB/s in a more compact size.

Associate
Just a quick bump to highlight F33 (Final not beta) has been released. Working OK for me, also with the new AMD chipset drivers released yesterday.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just a quick bump to highlight F33 (Final not beta) has been released. Working OK for me, also with the new AMD chipset drivers released yesterday.

Cheers, still on F22 and have been waiting for this BIOS. Looks like I need to update a few other drivers too.

Soldato
bios 33j , what is checksum d303, is it a fix for that code maybe ?
No, a checksum shows whether you have an uncorrupted file. If you go into your BIOS in order to flash it using Q-Flash it will show a checksum when you select the BIOS file F33j. If it says D303 it means that the file is not corrupted and is okay to flash your BIOS with.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Might be a stupid question but is there any easy way to reinstate my settings after flashing the BIOS? I know I can save the current state of my BIOS but I have the idea that after flashing to a new BIOS I won't be able to load those settings in.

Soldato
Might be a stupid question but is there any easy way to reinstate my settings after flashing the BIOS? I know I can save the current state of my BIOS but I have the idea that after flashing to a new BIOS I won't be able to load those settings in.

Nope they get erased during flashing, simply because its not safe to reload them, things get moved around, I remember most of mine, except memory timing which I just takes pictures of and then reinput them after flashing.

Associate
Anyone ever have the debug led screen just sit at 0? Was working fine till I booted this morning and it just sits at 0. Even on a restart/hard shutdown the led screen sits at 0 - not even cycling through the usual system/ram check codes during boot. It boots fine but the debug screen does not show any codes except for a single 0 (on the right hand side of the two sections)

Associate
Anyone ever have the debug led screen just sit at 0? Was working fine till I booted this morning and it just sits at 0. Even on a restart/hard shutdown the led screen sits at 0 - not even cycling through the usual system/ram check codes during boot. It boots fine but the debug screen does not show any codes except for a single 0 (on the right hand side of the two sections)

Can't find any edit function - it's an X570 Aorus Master. No issues with it before until it randomly did this on boot this morning

Back
Top Bottom