Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Soldato
I really want to try one of these out but I’m somewhat concerned about the ongoing cold boot problem. Has it ever been fixed/updated with a Bios etc? I’ve tried to look around but can’t find anything conclusive. Is it fair to imagine that all stock now is also the latest revision? (1.2?)

I want a board with 3 NVME slots, surprisingly there don’t seem to be that many (even the Dark Hero only has 2?!)

Soldato
I want a board with 3 NVME slots, surprisingly there don’t seem to be that many (even the Dark Hero only has 2?!)

it’s because of a lack of PCIe lanes on the platform - only the first slot has 4 dedicated PCIe lanes to the CPU.

The other two both connect to the chipset so have to share the 4 lanes the chipset has with each other and anything else running on it... some manufacturers choose just to have a single slot connected to the chipset instead or downrate the second/third slots. Gigabyte left them all full speed but obviously you should be aware 2 and 3 can’t run full speed at the same time, and will also share bandwidth with any sata/usb etc running through the chipset.

If you need multiple drives to actually run at full pelt all the time then you’d want to look into using a PCIe expansion card.

Soldato
I’m wondering if the B550 version would also suit. I want to run 3x Nvme plus a 6800 XT. I realise on the b550 in order to do this it would limit the GPU to 4.0 x8, but from what I can tell this will make almost zero difference in the real world. It’s also £100+ cheaper than the x570.

Associate
Anybody else experiencing the following issue: When I set curve optimiser to all core and the offset to whatever all is fine and I boost all core to 4.5+ but when I set curve optimiser to per core offsets even to the same value I use in all core it only boosts to about 4GHz, thinking it's a bug?

Edit: Was an issue in F33i BIOS, seems to be fixed in F33j.

Last edited:
Associate
Some strange behaviour with f33j. I 'lost' a whole NVMe M.2 drive in windows (not even visible in "Disk Management"). It was still present in the BIOS though.
However it suddenly appears in windows as a SCSI device, by enabling 'RAID mode' in the BIOS? There doesn't appear to be any drop in performance. It was a bit worrying though.

Soldato
Some strange behaviour with f33j. I 'lost' a whole NVMe M.2 drive in windows (not even visible in "Disk Management"). It was still present in the BIOS though.
However it suddenly appears in windows as a SCSI device, by enabling 'RAID mode' in the BIOS? There doesn't appear to be any drop in performance. It was a bit worrying though.

Your lucky, Win10 dont see any of my drives whem i was going to give win10 a go .:cry:
Thasts 2 NVME and 3 SSDs that it's failing to see.

Ironically win 7 has no issue :confused: Shame no USB3 support though.

Soldato

No issues here with it, in fact I love it, just flashed it this morning, I always load optimized defaults and then reboot before flashing, and then once again load optimized defaults after the flash before I go in and start setting the bios up, love the revised menu's, things like FCLK and UCLK are much easier to find and make more sense where they are now, AMD CBS and Overclock menus have been reduced down a bit too and not so cluttered.

Im running 2 x 500gb 980 Pro nvme drives and 1 x 1tb Samsung SSD, no issues.

Soldato
The only gripe I have with updating the BIOS is your saved profile wont work .
Now I understand why for the nitty gritty stuff but I really wish they would allow the fan curves/profiles to be loaded :(

Soldato
The only gripe I have with updating the BIOS is your saved profile wont work .
Now I understand why for the nitty gritty stuff but I really wish they would allow the fan curves/profiles to be loaded :(

Nope thats right, they get erased because things get moved around, I have pictures on my phone of my fan curves and ram timings, and just refer back to those once ive flashed my bios when im setting it back up again.

Associate
Welp, my x570 master just went and bricked itself. Powered off and went to bed, next morning it's totally bricked. Soft/hard BIOS reset, nothing. Swapped the power supply to working spare, nothing. Checked the voltage on the board testing points with the multi-meter, dead.

RMA initiated, if I get a new replacement will the replacement have warranty period as if bought new?

Soldato
Welp, my x570 master just went and bricked itself. Powered off and went to bed, next morning it's totally bricked. Soft/hard BIOS reset, nothing. Swapped the power supply to working spare, nothing. Checked the voltage on the board testing points with the multi-meter, dead.

RMA initiated, if I get a new replacement will the replacement have warranty period as if bought new?

Yes.
Warranty period starts again from when you receive the replacement.

Back
Top Bottom