Gin recommendations?

Soldato
I reckon it must be a pricing error too, not sure about England but Wales has a minimum alcohol price and I'm sure that price would fall foul of it. Saying that though in Gibraltar it is about £8 a bottle, it is super cheap there though.

You also need to spend a minimum £40 to checkout, good for anyone that does shopping on there but I don't really want 7 bottles of the same gin:D

Commissario
OP
You also need to spend a minimum £40 to checkout, good for anyone that does shopping on there but I don't really want 7 bottles of the same gin:D
Depending on the type, I'd be quite happy with seven bottles of the same but not Bombay Sapphire!

Mine hasn't been dispatched yet. :(
I got in about ten minutes before their order cut off for delivery today.

Soldato
Bombay sapphire is nice IMO, probably better than it's more expensive Star of Bombay sibling and at the lower end of the price scale. It's fairly traditional in it's style.

Commissario
OP
Holy huge image, Batman :D

Those are nice glasses. I’ve now got three unopened bottles, Harris, Daffy’s and the Elephant gin I posted above. I think a tasting evening is due at some point.

Soldato
Holy huge image, Batman :D

Those are nice glasses. I’ve now got three unopened bottles, Harris, Daffy’s and the Elephant gin I posted above. I think a tasting evening is due at some point.

I'm not sure how to get my images smaller, I just use my iPhone and export the photo to Imgur.

The glasses are very nice, I like the copa glasses as well, I have some of the below which are perfect for them large ice cubes and the G&T measurements we use as the glass is 420ml, I find a lot of copa glasses are 600ml+ which makes it look like the glass is half empty unless you fill it witch ice.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LSA-Intern...ds=copa+glass&qid=1553865889&s=gateway&sr=8-6

I have the platinum stem ones, but they are pricey for just a different colour stem really.

Interested to hear what you think of them gins when you try them.

Soldato
I agree, some of the gin glasses are stupidly big. I have a Tarquin branded one, yesterday I put 4 shots of gin and two cans of tonic and there was still a load of room for ice. Does save on the amount of trips to the kitchen though. :p

Commissario
OP
I've reduced the image size for you.

The Silent Pool glasses are massive, I don't know what the actual capacity is but it's something very large. I can get two of the 2" square cubes in providing I don't quite fill the ice trays to the top, two double measures of gin and two cans of tonic and the glass is nicely full.

Soldato
My order did arrive yesterday. Not had any chance to try any of it so far, however one thing that did make me laugh is that the label on the bottle of Lone Wolf is not stuck on. It's a piece of card held on with an elastic band! :p

Commissario
OP
Ahh yes - Lone Wolf. I had a couple of those at the Brewdog shop near Tower Hill a couple of weeks ago. It's good stuff, I like it. I also remember reading a review which mentioned that about the label!

/edit - I've just ordered a bottle.

Back
Top Bottom