Glory, glory Leeds United for me please.

Soldato
It was absolute hell in the 80's supporting Utd - especially where I was living at the time being surrounded mainly by Arsenal fans (and a few Liverpool ones later in the decade)

Yep, the Liverpool supporters were everywhere when I was a kid. I remember having a scrap at the boys club because one took the **** of my Bryan Robson shinpads. He kept his mouth shut from then on.;)

Soldato
Well, in the 70's (including our season in the second division) we had the highest attendace in the league (barring 70-71 and 71-72 where we were second), in the 80's we again had the highest attendances (barring 87-88 and 88-89 where we again were 2nd) and in the 90's the only year we didn't have the highest attendance (again coming 2nd) was the 92-93 title winning season due to a major rebuilding work at the time at Old Trafford.

So stop talking out your arse and show a bit of respect to the most popular team in the land by a country mile. ;)

Beat me to it but what he said word for word.

I'm a bit like G|mp in that I am a long standing Utd fan for a number of years. Seen the good and supported through the bad.
Now I know to some fans, long standing might mean a seaon ticket at Chelsea or Arsenal for the past five years but I am talking abuot following the club when we were ****. Under Big Fat Ron when we had two maybe three genuine stars (Robbo & Big Norm) & Ohh Ahh Paul McGrath and the team sprinkled with mediocrity and Journeymen footballers who turned into local cult heroes (Ralph Milne, Alan Brazil, John Gidman etc).I Have witnessed the highs when The Mighty Maradona and his Barcelona side were humbled by Utd and also when Liverpool beat us (Robbed !!!!!)in the Milk Cup Final.

What always gets me with these so called 'Proper' and loyal fans who are not 'Glory Hunters' is that week in week out your ground are rarely full. Only against Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal are the ground full. Yet week in week out the likes of Stoke, Sunderland, Wigan, 'Boro, Bolton, Blackburn etc etc have the cheek to give it 'We support our local team*'

* Only applies if we are playing in a league game against the top 4 or a quater final of a cup.

Loyalty is a good especially if it is blind and you ignore your own misgivings. As Roberto has pointed out we have been there in numbers when we were crap. It's not about turning up to 4 games a season and claiming not to be a glory hunter. It's about turning up and showing your support even when your dumped out of the cup by York on a cold November night or going to the arse end of Hereford for a 3rd round cup game on a Sunday afternoon in January and supporting the lads and manager whatever the score.

When these so called non gloryhunters have earned their stripes home and away and filled their ground come hell or high water then fine your in a position to cast as many stones as you want but as the old saying goes, people in glass houses...................

Soldato
The Anderson song is better though :p

You sir, are right! And for those of you who don't know this ditty, it's to the tune of Aggadoo :

Anderson-son-son
He's better than Kleberson
Anderson-son-son
He's our midfield magician
On the left, on the right
to the samba beat tonight,
he is class with a brass,
and he ****s on Fabregas!
:p

Man of Honour
There's loads of Uniteds. Leeds, obviously, Newcastle, Oxford, Hereford, S****horpe...

If it's called a place it isn't in, it doesn't count, if it's a United but isn't the only club in the place it is from, it doesn't count.

Soldato
There's loads of Uniteds. Leeds, obviously, Newcastle, Oxford, Hereford, S****horpe...

If it's called a place it isn't in, it doesn't count, if it's a United but isn't the only club in the place it is from, it doesn't count.

There is only one proper Utd (and their abode is at Old Trafford)

All the rest are pale immitations :D

Back
Top Bottom