God of War: Ragnarok

I'm doing fine with it on K&M, then again I do fine in all manner of games that people swear you cannot play with K&M, so there is that :)

The last God of War was almost my game of the year that year, it was beaten into 2nd place only because Elden Ring also came out that year and that ended up being my game of the year. Will see if God of War Ragnarok can claim the throne that its forebear just missed out on, but its going to have a tough job again because at the moment Satisfactory is smashing my game of the year award and might be hard to top.

So.... I actually started playing with controller and well.. It's better but still not solved, this is definitely a PC port development issue, or the PS5 controller ancient tech potentiometer sticks just don't register fine/quick movements like modern hall/TMR stick controllers like this do.

TL;DR, the animation is bugged regardless of KB/controller use.

Last edited:
about 11 hours into game, enjoy puzzles, fights. swear blind thou, story telling has took up a long time in hours now. skipping some scenes would have be great.

So.... I actually started playing with controller and well.. It's better but still not solved, this is definitely a PC port development issue, or the PS5 controller ancient tech potentiometer sticks just don't register fine/quick movements like modern hall/TMR stick controllers like this do.

TL;DR, the animation is bugged regardless of KB/controller use.

Please report the bug so it can be fixed for when I buy it at a discount and play it with less bugs :D

There's no FOV slider either so the POV looks rather compressed a lot of the time which is mildly annoying but serviceable.

@mrk can you remind me what make your controller is. I recall I was interested in the tech but didn't like the aesthetics.

This is the PB Tails Crush Defender, only 999 were made as a limited edition. A plain metal silver one will be released in due course though which is the mass produced version using the same TMR sticks.

Last edited:
There's no FOV slider either so the POV looks rather compressed a lot of the time which is mildly annoying but serviceable.

This is the PB Tails Crush Defender, only 999 were made as a limited edition. A plain metal silver one will be released in due course though which is the mass produced version using the same TMR sticks.

Thanks. My perfect controller would probably be asymmetrical, TMR/hall, haptics, battery 10h+, and back buttons too but that one would be a good compromise.
Honestly, my biggest worry is how a metal controller is going to feel. Nearly bit on that Game sir one you reviewed.

The X05? A very good controller with excellent hall sticks, one of the most responsive hall sticks really as it captures everything they learned up to now. Though I'm a TMR convert now as it's noticeably more responsive, like going from a normal mouse to a 1000Hz mouse.

I have an update on this movement issue by the way, it is related to the framerate. If I leave the framerate locked to 120fps, then that is what you see in my videos, if I set it to 60fps then the issue is 98% gone with both KB and controller.

If I uncap the fps and it runs at around 190fps then it's even more obvious.

It is completely down to the animation glitching when running high framerates it seems, the game was made for 30fps on PS5 and seems this has not been forgotten with the port on PC...

Such is the price for hand finished metal fabrication and latest stick tech :cool:

I don't get the metal. I don't see how that can be comfortable, I can imagine my thumb sliding off the sticks although can probably get rubber hats for them.
Maybe I need to get one just so I can see if I like it. But if I don't it's not like I can just send it back easily.
Oh and I prefer concave sticks too but again, could be solved with hats.

Last edited:
It's actually very comfortable really, only the face plate is metal, the sticks are also metal

Ffs, I bought one after watching a video by some bloke called robbiekhan on YT (do you know him?).
This means they'll probably be half price on black Friday.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom