Golf Thread

What are your thoughts on the Hoofer? But yeah, they aint cheap! (bags in general...)

But then what in golf is :p

I've decided I probably will end up buying one tomorrow, I'll check prices against online places but generally do favour my local shop as long as the difference isn't huge... I play multiple times a week so poor straps and the legs dangling down and catching on my legs/calfs is annoying enough that it's 'worth it'.
It's a good bag, enough storage you don't want too much storage or you'll fill it up. It seems pretty durable too. I had a Sun Mountain before. I broke it falling over on a slippery slope the supports inside snapped.

At the rate the prices keep going up, I fully expect golf to contract in a few years. it's always been a 'premium' hobby but they're really pushing it now.

Agree. It seems to have peaked now and I think the greed in fees vs cost of living will start to hurt membership numbers. I think this is why some of the public bookable courses near me are so damn busy on weekends. People just want to play the odd game on weekends and not commit to full membership cost.

Just got back from the round today, it was a touch muddy out there :p

A mate who hasn't played in ~2 months turned up, woefully under-shoe'd, he fell over 4 times :/ One of them hurting his knee so that's not great.

Good round for all of us though, I got an 89 and the other two were 87 (guy above, was doing *really* well until he hurt his knee) and 84. Good times :)

Course closed here today also for the weekend. I did get a nice little collection today..my new temporary irons from AG!

Golf was on today.... Course very muddy in places on Seafield (shorter course)

Hit ball well considering lack of playing time, +1 on front 9, lost ball on 10, then we lost out doubles match by 15th so didn't really keep score after that. Nice to be outside with semi decent weather for a change.

Went back to the golf shop today, after some thought and reading reviews/looking at options posted here (thanks everyone!) I was pretty set on the Ping Hoofer Lite or even the full-fat Hoofer but before buying I did want to go back around the shop and check the options a bit more and in doing so I spotted an orange bag, do like me a bit of orange :p

Turned out to be the TaylorMade Flextech Lite and looked reasonable, still looked at a bunch of other ones but discounted them all for various reasons so it ended up being a comparison between the Hoofer Lite vs Flextech Lite. They seem pretty comparable really in terms of features/size/materials etc so basically it boiled down to the Flextech being £20 cheaper and Orange, both excellent reasons :cry:

So bought that, just moved everything over to it along with giving my clubs a good clean, all good so far seems to be comfortable and although it's a bit smaller than my old Spalding bag it fits everything I need without any issues. Should be playing tomorrow so be nice to see what it's like over a full round :)

Well.. just out from new machar range, mine still closed, and hit the balls? Well?

Considering I haven’t played in a bit and new irons, it could have been worse.

When I struck them well, I knew about it from response of the club, and my biggest thing is the “pull down” , when I execute it’s great otherwise my snap hook clones into the thick of it.

Only thing (I know it’s not all about yardages) but couldn’t get my 8 iron to go anywhere?

I’m telling my self that cold weather and crappy range balls, (80% were to total garbage) especially for a club as “good” as new machar! So I am hoping that’s costing me a few yards on it.

But overall happy. Feel decent (not as good as my D9 obviously) it very forgiving, but not for my snap hook! :p

Out for the monthly society game today, nice weather and considering the course was closed on Thursday/Friday with the rain it was actually not that bad.

I got 37 points, tied with someone else but lost on countback so I got 3rd, the other 37 got 2nd and the winner had 40 points.

Still top of the table for the overall thing though (best 8 scores of ~14-16 rounds a year), hopefully I can keep up the high-30's and I might actually have a chance of winning the thing :D

Slow play people suck and is the worst thing about golf. 4 some took 2hrs10 mins to complete 9 holes and we were waiting on then since 2nd tee box.
Had the Valentines Scramble at our course yesterday, the team in front of us lost 2.5 holes to group in front, when we asked them to speed up a bit (4 x mid 20's guys) they asked us what our problem was and continued to walk 2-3 feet apart, very slowly. We came in with 57 (par 70 course playing off 8) Still 7 shots off the winners. High handicap teams always seem to do well.

Had the Valentines Scramble at our course yesterday, the team in front of us lost 2.5 holes to group in front, when we asked them to speed up a bit (4 x mid 20's guys) they asked us what our problem was and continued to walk 2-3 feet apart, very slowly. We came in with 57 (par 70 course playing off 8) Still 7 shots off the winners. High handicap teams always seem to do well.

Group ahead was tee’ing off on the 15th while they were camping in the middle of the 11th fwiw

Nothing like the same level but had a bit of an annoyance during this mornings golf...

I couldn't get the first tee slot as a 2-ball had already booked it by the time I got around to it, that's fine, but I turn up and get ready, go to the practice green for a bit and as I'm walking back to my car at 7:30-ish (they're tee time is 7:32) they're still getting their stuff out the car/shoes on. They'd been there since before I arrived and whilst I was ready to tee off in plenty of time they weren't ready at their tee time. It's not the end of the world, not gonna complain or anything (other than this obviously :p) But they finally tee'd off about 7:38, 2 minutes before I'm supposed to go. And then being a two ball, and I was in no rush, I walked nice and slowly so didn't wait 'too much' but still it took 1h30 rather than ~1h15 usually.

On the plus side I was walking down the 2nd fairway when I spotted a shadow behind me to the right, I listen to music through headphones so didn't hear a thing, then a wild dog appears! I say wild, I've seen the dog walking with an elderly gentlemen in the mornings but today it came up for some scratches, I like dogs. :D :p

Anyway, round was reasonable, especially considering the mats were mostly frozen and a touch slippery so couldn't really swing anywhere near 100%, longest drive was 164 yards when I'm definitely capable of 190+ but I was hitting it nicely for the most part, par'd the last 2 holes and got a score 1 behind my best for that course so happy days. Also seem not to have continued the chipping-yips from yesterday, that's a relief :cry:

We played a 2 man better ball in our fiddle yesterday and on the last hole we count both scores (keeps the interest up in winter). My partner chipped to 2 inches and went to knock it in the hole with his wedge (it was right over the hole) and missed - DOH!

Lost on count back so that point really did matter!

Back
Top Bottom