Golf Thread

Soldato
So I've changed my phone and now I've lost my two factor authenticator so cannot access my original account.

Anyway. I've sold my mini driver and changed to a full driver head but cot the shaft down to 44.25" as opposed to standard driver length of 45.75". This is in comparison to my Mini Driver at 43.75".

Gaining more distance and slightly more control at present. Feels nice off the tee.

M3aCgIk.jpg
Quoted incase others missed it.
Basically the reason for the change is after testing drivers at my local American Golf. A shorter shaft gave myself the most forgiveness.

I am currently saving for the new year to go to Scottsdale Golf for a sameday fitment and build on my Driver, Hybrids and wedges.

Soldato
Just back from a great round in really windy conditions.
Played at Ingon Manor in Stratford Upon Avon.
Par 72 and hit an 85.
This included 4 double bogies (stupid 3 puts) and 9 pars.

As an idea of how windy it was, I had to hit my 7 iron into a par 3 which was 139 yards long.
7 iron is usually 170+ yards :eek:

Soldato
Today - 4 Double bogies, 3 birdies for 79 less 10 - Net 69.... Beautiful day out there - greens are unreal, they've come on so much in the last 10 days or so.

Solid with the irons, short game is unreal at the moment - putting on nice greens is a pleasure.

Stiffed a 7 iron from 160 to less than a 1ft on 5 and then chipped in from around 30 yards on 16th for a nice birdie.

So my 3 rounds for the Club Championship qualifying are net 70/70/69 :laugh: :laugh: Only need your best 2

Was already number 1 qualifier for the handicap side of the draw with two 70's!!

Still not great off the tee but rest of the game is feeling great.

Soldato
Confirmed as number 1 qualifier for our Handicap side of the Club Championship...

Full week of knockout golf starts 13th June - 16 players (so I play the number 16 qualifier in matchplay) - if you win, then play Tuesday night, wed off, Thursday and then final Friday if you make it....

Never qualified before so looking forward to it.

Another matchplay tie tonight as well - wife's not impressed! :laugh:

Associate
So I finally have an official handicap after submitting my 3rd round at my local course.
12.2 playing 12.

I shall also try and enter some competitions this year just for the competitive edge as usually I'm a lone golfer
Brilliant! Competition golf is so much fun!
I'm currently 19.3, playing 20. But with the latest round of swing changes from my coach, I've gone worse. Hopefully that'll just be a short term thing though. We'll see :)

Underboss
My HC has gone up, up and up last season into this.

Winter golf ruined me, my swing feels all sorted if broken again and I have plantir fasciatus (sp) so getting passed the 15th is a struggle.

7.6 is now 10.2

Soldato
My HC has gone up, up and up last season into this.

Winter golf ruined me, my swing feels all sorted if broken again and I have plantir fasciatus (sp) so getting passed the 15th is a struggle.

7.6 is now 10.2
my game has got worse since a rotator cuff impingement on my right arm. To compensate I was coming over the top and badly slicing it.

Couple of lessons and some new clubs later and it's slowly improving.
Keep working at it. It'll come back

Associate
New clubs have now all arrived. Decided I need a new bag now to get more dividers to keep things in nice condition.

Playing 4 rounds this weekend so hopefully get used to the new sticks. Have little idea on my ranges now so going to have to relearn my way around the usual course and take a lot of guesses. I see lots of longs and shorts in my near future.

Soldato
New clubs have now all arrived. Decided I need a new bag now to get more dividers to keep things in nice condition.

Playing 4 rounds this weekend so hopefully get used to the new sticks. Have little idea on my ranges now so going to have to relearn my way around the usual course and take a lot of guesses. I see lots of longs and shorts in my near future.

What have you had

Associate
Ping i525 4-W and Vokey SM9 50* and 54* is what arrived.

Also have SM8 58* in the bag from last year plus a SIM2 D driver and Ping G425 LST 3W. I still also use my 20 year old Callaway Steelhead Plus 5W as I find it comfortable. May change it this year tho.

Back
Top Bottom