Good lease deals on less than great cars

Man of Honour
Don't get obsessed about engine size. New 1.4 petrol turbo engines delivery the same or more power than older 2 litre units. How old is your car?

I don't think there has been a 2 litre petrol unit developing as little power as that in an A4 since the 2000 model B6...

Soldato
I think it will feel noticeably slower compared to the full fat 2.0 TFSI.

The new 1.4 TFSI is probably great for a daily driver but lacking a bit of power IMO, especially in a bigger car.

Exactly. Granted, my previous car was 240bhp Astra VXR, so smaller and lighter. My Octavia is 200bhp but heavy and the difference is very noticeable.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29209840 said:
I don't think there has been a 2 litre petrol unit developing as little power as that in an A4 since the 2000 model B6...

This engine was doing the rounds a couple of years ago.

Careful what you wish for is all I'm going to say. Thankfully I think they have dropped that engine but I do wonder what it was like to drive... :o

http://www.motors.co.uk/car-40412152/sp

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Apparently these don't exist at this price, seems to be G2L's usual tactic recently...

That's interesting, I'm currently after a Navara for work purposes and G2L have come in with the lowest quote by far, about £40 +VAT a month cheaper than than the next best from Tilsun. Seems legit though, I've got the quote in writing, which says it's valid for 28 days.

Caporegime
That's interesting, I'm currently after a Navara for work purposes and G2L have come in with the lowest quote by far, about £40 +VAT a month cheaper than than the next best from Tilsun. Seems legit though, I've got the quote in writing, which says it's valid for 28 days.

Check in when you get a delivery date :p

Soldato
Apparently these don't exist at this price, seems to be G2L's usual tactic recently...
Looking around the deal was valid but only for an extremely limited (3) number of cars.

It's usually the case with good/amazing deals these days. You have to move fast, within minutes of it going live, or you miss them. Once it's on Hot Deals or a forum the deal has usually gone.

The monthly price on the GTI is now £60 higher

Associate
G2L are really annoying when it comes to stock. They seem to have the best prices compared to everyone else on the innanetz but hardly nothing is in stock or "all gone". Here is a reply from an email I sent them.

The issue we have is that it is near impossible to list the exact spec of each car we have access to on the website. Because the stock campaign was stock specific the only real way to advertise the rates initially is to load the standard car on the site and then run bespoke quotations as and when people enquire. If we are going to look at the A4 diesel deal now, and you want to keep the budget reasonable we would have to quote for a forward order....

The Golf deal you mentioned was part of a batch, and there was only a limited number of cars that the funder had put on their special offers page, and it is open to every broker like ourselves, so you can imagine how quickly they sell. Deals like that need to be snapped up without leaving too much time to think about it or you miss them.

That was regarding queries for the Audi A4 1.4tfsi, 2.0 tfsi and the 190 TDI. Asked about the Golf after reading about the deal on here and that was the response. I dont think I will waste my time with G2L anymore.

Soldato
Mercedes-Benz A CLass A180d SE 5dr - 24mth Personal Lease - 23 x £170.99pm + £1,025.94 upfront - Total £4,958.71 @ Evans halshaw lease

No of Payments 23
Monthly Payment £170.99
Initial Customer Payment £1,025.94

8,000 miles per annum
No Admin fee
FREE UK Mainland delivery
Road Tax included for duration

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/car-lea...mail&utm_source=CMA_EVANSHALSHAW&utm_content=

You're only allowed 8000 miles per annum in a diesel. Come on now be sensible.

Soldato
You're only allowed 8000 miles per annum in a diesel. Come on now be sensible.
Lease quotes are usually based on 5k or 8k yearly mileage. There is no limit, you just pay for more mileage.
My current 2 year lease car is on a 5k per year deal but I do about 10k, so I will just pay the 7p per mile to cover the extra distance at the end of the contract. Which will be £700 (£29 per month)

Last edited:
Soldato
how much would have it costed per month if you originally specced 10k?
I enquired that when I took the deal and it was the same cost. It's better for me to have lower monthly payments and pay it off at the end. Also getting a refund if I did less miles is inconvenient.

InQ

InQ

Associate
Lease quotes are usually based on 5k or 8k yearly mileage. There is no limit, you just pay for more mileage.
My current 2 year lease car is on a 5k per year deal but I do about 10k, so I will just pay the 7p per mile to cover the extra distance at the end of the contract. Which will be £700 (£29 per month)

Be aware that some deals do have a level where the pence per mile does ramp up.
I guess ask the question of the lender and/or read the small print! :)

Back
Top Bottom