GOOD VR games?

Don
Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope is an OK stationary wave shooter
Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter is the original Serious Sam game updated for VR with full locomotion.

I have played both. The latter game made me want to throw up after 10 seconds due to the locomotion.

Asa

Asa

Associate
I really do and nothing apart from that game has made me feel nauseous.

That's interesting. I most certainly haven't got my VR legs, and found this one quite mild once I changed it to head-based rather than hand-based direction. I still only lasted a couple of minutes though :(

You can use teleportation if it comes down to it.

Both serious Sam games support VR mGPU, so they're a glimpse into decent performance for me and my creaky 295x-2

Soldato
Eleven: Table Tennis, best game that I have played in VR yet. In fact, it's one of my top rated experiences so far. There is a few little issues of course and it's still in development, but it's incredible to play. It is so close to the real thing. I was very surprised how accurate the tracking is and how good the physics are. If you haven't played it, try it, even if you don't play table tennis.

How come the points system doesn't seem to work? IE O win a point put doesn't show on the scoreboard.... Maybe I'm in demo mode?

Soldato
How come the points system doesn't seem to work? IE O win a point put doesn't show on the scoreboard.... Maybe I'm in demo mode?

Go into menu and click single player. Pick a level and then play a game. When you first start the game you are in a free play mode against the AI.

Associate
Climbey is freaking great, i can not recommend it enough and it has a workshop aswel with really cool maps.

Including super mario 1-1 scale and assassins creed style maps by users you can play online with friends.

For £6.99 it's one of my favourite games on the Vive considering the price.

Associate
Oh, the moment I'll get my own VR gear, the moment I remember this thread. Interesting to imagine how this option will affect gaming in few years, how would it, and they, evolve.

Associate
I downloaded the free Pagani Edition of Project CARS and to me it looks pretty bad on the Oculus :confused: Maybe I need to try some different graphics settings but I've tried with everything maxed.

Subnautica I like, even if that has a few issues with display in VR as well (and makes me slightly motion sick ..). The Reaper Leviathan scared the hell out of me :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Climbey has to be one of the most fun VR games I've played. I've played at least 2 hours every day since I got it two weeks ago. It's a climbing/parkour themed game where players can create their own levels so that everyone else can enjoy them.

It took me a few hours to learn all the tricks to being able to climb well but after that the game is incredibly fun. There's a ton of people playing online too of varying ability but one things for sure they'll help you out if you're stuck on a difficult trick jump.

Definitely worth the 8 or 9 quid I spent buying this!

Soldato
Cheers. I used the settings you posted and it definitely looks better.

I spent quite a while on it yesterday. Ten laps round Brands with 20 GT3 cars is incredible bumper to bumper action, the track is a good size for keeping the cars together, can get a bit boring if out the front on your own on a large circuit :D

Associate
games i'm playing regularly are

Project Cars
Asseto Corsa
X-Plan 11 Beta with FlyInside
Dirt Rally
Elite Dangerous

Ones I use to demo are
Dreamdeck
Apollo 11
No Limits Roller Coaster 2

Taff

Soldato
X-Plan 11 Beta with FlyInside

Taff

I tried this using the demo versions and it was pretty janky... when I move my head there is like a black window in my peripheral vision very briefly.

Does it work well for you?

I was thinking I'll probably wait until x-plane do a native VR mode, supposedly it's on the to do list.

Associate
I tried this using the demo versions and it was pretty janky... when I move my head there is like a black window in my peripheral vision very briefly.

Does it work well for you?

I was thinking I'll probably wait until x-plane do a native VR mode, supposedly it's on the to do list.

works perfectly to me using version 11 (haven't tried version 10).

no black window or anything, has taken playing flight sims to another level. Love putting my head out of the side of the cessna when i'm flying it and looking down, even give me a sense of vertigo :)

Associate
Yet to see anything good in VR, I've tried quite a few games but I always come away disappointed.

Unless I see some amazing footage I wont be bothering the touch controllers.

Associate
Yet to see anything good in VR, I've tried quite a few games but I always come away disappointed.

Unless I see some amazing footage I wont be bothering the touch controllers.

Hi,

Out of interest, what games have you played?
In my opinion, touch is a must have. Interacting with your hands puts you in the game. I chose rift over rive because reviews said the screen in the rift was slightly better. I always chase better graphics.
I thought that the motion controllers would have a similar effect as the wii for me. Good for a week, then never use again. So i was happy with my better graphics and a pad. I am also lazy and didn't like the thought of jumping around etc.
Touch came just before christmas, and i thought id give it a shot. Thats when i realised that this should've been available from the start. Any game i am interested in from now on, the first thing i look for is motion control.
Now my problem is being lazy. This thing has me making excuses to quit mp after 30 mins, simply because my arms are shaking, my body is sweating.
Tomorrows gamers are going to be super fit!
Few of my recommendations:

Pad: Chronos, Edge of nowhere, Lucky's Tale, Eve, Project cars, Obduction.
Touch: SuperHot, Dead and Buried, Eleven:Table tennis, Space pirate trainer, Arizona Sunshine, Medium and Google Earth VR (last two arent games, but really show that vr is a new medium not just for games).

Back
Top Bottom