GOOD VR games?

Associate
Thanks, the first Serious Sam is one of my favorite all time games, simply epic in Co-Op mode, just unsure how things would work in VR, but sounds worth a try.

Oh man, you will love it then - the implementation is perfect. You will be scratching your head why everyone else hasnt done this - smooth as silk, as if it was always made for VR, and much better than the original. It might work ok because the scale on it is ridiculous anyway so needed less tweaking to look right, hence why they are quicker to come with this remake?

Its the best serious sam game there is, by far. I love it - its easier though, two guns being able to shoot double or two enemies at a time makes you level up by default.

Soldato
Anyone tried this new U boat game IronWolf VR? Reviews so far seem quite positive.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/552080/

Just tried it, its very very limited at the moment as to what you can do and the level of detail but this is definitely one to keep and eye on. To be honest you get very little for the price at the moment, its essentially a demo right at the beginning of early access.

That being said, I had fun (for the 10 minutes I played). Can definitely see me playing this as they add more stuff.

Soldato
Couple that I've been impressed with, or found and want to try:

'Please don't touch anything 3D' is reduced in price and a cool little puzzle game.
'Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul' - I've not bought it but it's tempting, sounds like a good horror game.
'Accounting' - Fun and done by the Rick and Morty guys, FREE!
'The Assembly' - Pretty good, quite polished and interesting.
'Eleven: Table Tennis VR' - Really cool for table tennis, feels very natural and realistic once you get the hang of it.

Associate
Rift 1 year Anniversary bundle £69.99:
Eve Valkyrie £45 to £23
Chronos £30 to £13
Project Cars £40 to £20
Radial G £15 to £9
Dead Secret £11 to £4.50
Eve Gunjack £8 to £3
Windlands £15 to £8
Airmech Command (Touch update) £15 to £13

Not worth it for me as I have all the Project Cars content on Steam. Anybody got any of these reduced games and can you recommend them? I'm thinking of getting the Touch controllers soon.

I was thinking in particular of a space sim and it seems to be Eve Valkyrie £23 vs Elite Dangerous £30 as the most talked about VR Space game. I'm not fussed about multiplayer so which is the stronger single player experience?

Soldato
I saw that but already have Eve Valkyrie, Chronos, Project Cars and Radial G, the only other one that interests me is Airmech Command :D

I do not recommend Eve Valkyrie either, actually might see if I can get a refund as compared to Elite Dangerous it has a lot of catching up to do.

Soldato
Yeah, I haven't heard good things about Valkyrie which put me off buying it, especially when it was at full cost.

ED is quite a nice place to be in VR but you may not like the game play, I do go back to it every now and then but I'm kind of bored with the grind and the multiplayer combat arena (CQC) is pretty much dead nowadays.

Soldato
Yeah, I haven't heard good things about Valkyrie which put me off buying it, especially when it was at full cost.

ED is quite a nice place to be in VR but you may not like the game play, I do go back to it every now and then but I'm kind of bored with the grind and the multiplayer combat arena (CQC) is pretty much dead nowadays.

Yeah I agree, I have not spent anywhere near the time I thought I would in ED, to be honest my goto VR game is PCars :D

Associate
Guess I will use Steam for my VR games purchases then...cheaper and a refund option.

I was a big fan of Freelancer back in the day, the new space sims look massively complicated in comparison, that actually puts me off, I just want to be able to fly with a joypad. Will ED annoy me?

Associate
I've been looking at Airmech, but I'm a bit confused between the different versions available i.e. Airmech (free to play) and Airmech Command. Are they basically the same game?

Associate
Oh man, you will love it then - the implementation is perfect. You will be scratching your head why everyone else hasnt done this - smooth as silk, as if it was always made for VR, and much better than the original. It might work ok because the scale on it is ridiculous anyway so needed less tweaking to look right, hence why they are quicker to come with this remake?

Its the best serious sam game there is, by far. I love it - its easier though, two guns being able to shoot double or two enemies at a time makes you level up by default.

Which of the Serious Sam games are you referring to? I'd like a nice basic FPS to try out in VR and that one sounds ideal.

Back
Top Bottom