GOOD VR games?

Associate
Navigation is a pleasure with the Vive controllers :p
Agreed, it's an absolute joy to use. Google sure know how to do these interfaces properly (at least before they inevitably fiddle too much and mess it up in later versions).

How are the Touch controls "clunky"? Would have thought they'd be at least as good as the Vive wands.

Soldato
I thought it was alright on touch controllers tbh, was just a bit dissapointed with the resolution. I'd like it if it had streetview for locations outside the main ones to look at.

Also I thought the texture pop-in on the tours ruined them.

Soldato
I think I was expecting too much from Google Earth. After all the amazing reviews and people saying it was now the goto VR app, I was really looking forward to it and when it came to the Oculus Store I installed it immediately. Disappointing is the word I would use for Google Earth.

Associate
There is a Batman VR demo/game on Steam which is effectively just a VR showcase with very little gameplay according to the reviews. £15 for approx 45min to 1hr of Batman visual goodies. Anybody tried it, recommended?

Soldato
There is a Batman VR demo/game on Steam which is effectively just a VR showcase with very little gameplay according to the reviews. £15 for approx 45min to 1hr of Batman visual goodies. Anybody tried it, recommended?
Played it last night, it's visually stunning - probably the best VR graphics I've seen to date.

Little details really make this game stand out - sure you can race through it, but take it all in.

e: I played about 1.5 hours last night and had completed the story. I'll be going back for more though.

The one thing that did upset was the scene transitioning - I think they've done it to control motion sickness perhaps but it was annoying to be told to pick a mode of transport only to be presented with a black screen and some engine sounds instead of sitting in the Batmobile.

Soldato
Played it last night, it's visually stunning - probably the best VR graphics I've seen to date.

Little details really make this game stand out - sure you can race through it, but take it all in.

e: I played about 1.5 hours last night and had completed the story. I'll be going back for more though.

The one thing that did upset was the scene transitioning - I think they've done it to control motion sickness perhaps but it was annoying to be told to pick a mode of transport only to be presented with a black screen and some engine sounds instead of sitting in the Batmobile.
It is rather pretty. Makes good use of superior Nvidia VR technologies.

Associate
I thought it was alright on touch controllers tbh, was just a bit dissapointed with the resolution. I'd like it if it had streetview for locations outside the main ones to look at.

Also I thought the texture pop-in on the tours ruined them.
You need a fairly beefy fibre connection to stream the terrain and textures quickly enough. Even on my 70Mb/s connection it can take a couple of seconds to render an environment at full detail, but it's not all that bad. I think they've now added options to tweak the cache to improve things.

Soldato
You need a fairly beefy fibre connection to stream the terrain and textures quickly enough. Even on my 70Mb/s connection it can take a couple of seconds to render an environment at full detail, but it's not all that bad. I think they've now added options to tweak the cache to improve things.

I've got 80mb so bit disappointing that even that wasn't good enough. I did notice that it would take about 50% of each tour destination before it finished loading though, so only got 10 secs to look in detail at stuff :(

Soldato
You guys might not be in on this yet, but the Wave VR really is the one to hit up when they go region free again.

I was at the bash at 4.30 this morning. It is the no1 VR experience.

Back
Top Bottom