GOOD VR games?

Associate
Only the Oculus Home version supports VR. The Steam version did back in the devkit days, but was never updated to work with the consumer release hardware.

That's a shame, it looks like a good game. This issue of different games running on different bits of VR kit could damage the take-up of VR...

Associate
If you like guns and all things that go, BANG!!

Hot dogs, horse shoes & hand grenades is quite a good showcase game.

I still like to sit back and chill in ETS 2 or go full beans in assetto or Project cars as sim racing and general simulation games is where my interest lies with VR at the moment.

Soldato
The downer with the oculus store is they don't do redemption codes, so if you live off them, like I do with steam cards, then life is tough.
Why I had to wait for the free weekend to get a go on it.

Picked up The Show Must Go On today. Fantastic rhythm game that's a glove fit for VR. Ranges from hard as hell, to an easier game you can really get in to. One your kids will love, or if your looking to shake it out with a mild workout.

Associate
Why? Works fine on the Vive. I bought it in the last Oculus sale.

Ah, I didn't realise that games bought via Oculus worked on the Vive too.

What's the process for doing that? Do I need to download from the Oculus store, or is it simply a case of getting a code from there and installing it via Steam or as a standalone game?

Soldato
Ah, I didn't realise that games bought via Oculus worked on the Vive too.

What's the process for doing that? Do I need to download from the Oculus store, or is it simply a case of getting a code from there and installing it via Steam or as a standalone game?

Yes, you still purchase from the Oculus store.

You need to install a wrapper app called Revive which essentially mimics the Oculus and touch.

Once installed the Oculus games appear under the steam library in VR or under its own button on the SteamVR dash labelled Revive.

readme - https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive/blob/master/README.md
installer - https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive/releases/download/1.1.3/ReviveInstaller.exe

Soldato
I think if you've been fence sitter on more than a few, the next 2 weeks could be expensive.:)

First on my list is IL-2 Sturmovik, 40 was too much, 20 is great.

Associate
Managed to restrict myself to 3 games, less than £40 in total, that was only because I went for the Commander Edition of Elite Dangerous...looking forward to some space flight over the weekend now :)

I also picked up Subnautica and Space Pirate Trainer...both had very positive reviews so I'm hopeful they're good. i might have to have another looksie later to see if ther is anything else, but I'm restricting myself to VR games this summer.

Soldato
Are any of you getting Table top simulator? I just bought it. Could be another game for the OCUK VR gaming group to join in on. :)

Soldato
I find the VR controls in that very frustrating. Unless they've improved things, let us know.

Just struck 8 off the list, tempted by Sublevel Zero, lots of positive reviews.

Back
Top Bottom