Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
Yeah, I've had that a few times. I've also got a laggy touch screen, at the extreme edges and yesterday my battery went from 100% to 17% in a couple of hours, just sat in my pocket. :(

I've just submitted my claim for the LTE watch. Only given two choices, LTE with black or silver strap. Gone black. Claim accepted almost immediately.

Does anyone know what setting controls how quickly the screen illuminates when you turn the phone on? Mine fades to on, but it takes so long I sometimes miss accepting calls! And the auto-brightness is rubbish. Far too often I can't see anything.

TBH, I'm still preferring my S21 Ultra, but I've already given it to my son. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
But yeah most of us will do fine without.
For me, this was the whole point of trying it though. I'd perhaps like to be able to go for a run or cycle and leave my phone at home. As it stands, because PocketCasts isn't on Wear, I can't really do that at the moment. I could set Spotify up, just so I can listen to podcasts I guess, but it gets messy using two different players then...

Associate
For me, this was the whole point of trying it though. I'd perhaps like to be able to go for a run or cycle and leave my phone at home. As it stands, because PocketCasts isn't on Wear, I can't really do that at the moment. I could set Spotify up, just so I can listen to podcasts I guess, but it gets messy using two different players then...
Same, which is why i went for the LTE version. Was dissapointed when i realised it would cost £7 per month extra on EE for an esim. I signed up to see what its like as I believe its a 30 day contract. Will try it for a few months but image I will ditch it and rely on bluetooth eventually. I'm too tight to pay that extra £7 for not a lot of benefit.

Soldato

If people want it enough or need it, they'll pay for it.

Research needs to be done before making the purchase perhaps.

Soldato
Settings > Digital wellbeing.

I have a widget on the second home screen that displays it :)
Settings/ Battery/ Battery Usage/ System usage for past 24 hours. You have to scroll to the bottom. Or as above Digital wellbeing.

This will change in the next feature drop to 'battery usage since last full charge' . Much better for checking usage.

Associate
Yeah, I've had that a few times. I've also got a laggy touch screen, at the extreme edges and yesterday my battery went from 100% to 17% in a couple of hours, just sat in my pocket. :(

I've just submitted my claim for the LTE watch. Only given two choices, LTE with black or silver strap. Gone black. Claim accepted almost immediately.

Does anyone know what setting controls how quickly the screen illuminates when you turn the phone on? Mine fades to on, but it takes so long I sometimes miss accepting calls! And the auto-brightness is rubbish. Far too often I can't see anything.

TBH, I'm still preferring my S21 Ultra, but I've already given it to my son. :(
I've also seen the amazing battery drain, I turned off 5g and AOD and battery is pretty decent now.

Also trying to wonder if I prefer it to me S22 Ultra, colour on the Pixel 7 pro screen is better but screen quality is better on the s22 ultra .

Had an interesting issue the other day where the screen wouldn't respond , stayed black and I couldn't get it to react.

Downside is you cannot easily turn the phone off as the power button only brings up the me u to power off . Note ideal if the screen isn't turning on, was about to raise a support ticket and get ready to return. In the end used Google assistant to power off phone, it brought up the menu and I tapped a few times on the screen. Hit the right option and it rebooted the phone and the screen came back .

Never seen anything like it , either the screen brightness went to zero or it was a bug. Lots of little bugs which are frustrating, still a lot better then the Pixel 6 pro though

Soldato
Has there been any mention in this thread of wireless chargers?
I'm looking for a 3rd party wireless charging stand for the office. Doesn't need to be the Pixel smart stand.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
I've been thinking about picking up a pair of Pixel Buds Pro from the MM if they are sub £100. There's nothing wrong with the buds I currently use, in fact they're incredible and I figured the Pixel Buds being £180 will be better but I've been checking out reviews on YT and I'm not inspired, then I checked reviews for my current buds the Soundcore Life A2 NC and they are actually very highly regarded. I've had mine since May 2021.

Back
Top Bottom