Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

I hate swapping phones, moving everything across is still a pain. I always forget to do things the correct way like the authenticator app.
Ah! That’s worth asking about-I use Google Authenticator on my iPhone-do I need to do anything on that front or is all that info stored online?

For me it's emails. I have 5 work emails, and you should just login to the email app and then it loads all your email details, but that's not the case, stupidly have to login and out mail details for each account. Pain in back side.

Then it's banking next that's my biggest annoyance.

After that, it's mostly just simple to move phone

So does an optical fingerprint and GN1 sensor put a dampener on these new phones?

I guess living in an iPhone world for so long that these things never seem to be an issue yet everyone and their nans are saying it’s a dud and no point upgrading..

So does an optical fingerprint and GN1 sensor put a dampener on these new phones?

I guess living in an iPhone world for so long that these things never seem to be an issue yet everyone and their nans are saying it’s a dud and no point upgrading..

GN1 Sensor.... it's a good sensor and Google has proven time and again you don't need to to upgrade the sensor for the sake of it. Better to refine software to hone the output. Google has done the right thing in upgrading the weak UW sensor. GN2 would be nice but far from needed yet.

Optical sensors are also fine. It's the tuning and implementation that is key. Oneplus have a fine optical reader for example. The positive of a ultrasonic reader is it doesn't blind you in the dark.

I hate swapping phones, moving everything across is still a pain. I always forget to do things the correct way like the authenticator app.

I'd imagine going from P6 to P8.will.be pretty simple. I've reset my P6 a couple of times and the Google backup puts everything back as it was including apps and settings... The only thing I really need to do it log in to banking apps etc.

Looks like it'll be a very minor bump at best this year, phone wise, so I'm only really interested in the Pixel watch 2, mostly for the newer chipset and hopefully, much better battery life!

I wonder if they will do any trade in against the first generation watch...

Has anyone heard if any of the leaked preorder deals are coming to the uk? I’ve saw posts on twitter where it’s a free watch 2 with the pro which I feel would be a cracking deal

An ultrasonic FP scanner would be the only reason to upgrade from a P7. So Google have saved me some money :cry:
Can I ask why? Why is this crucial for so many people?

No malice, just I’m so used to Face ID that all this discourse about this issue is interesting.

Back
Top Bottom