Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

I swap between Light and Dark mode on the Pixel from the drop down menu, usually light during the day, and dark in the evenings.
And that directly changes the colour of the gesture hint bar, from what I can see.

I really wish it was transparent, or not there at all (I don't need the hint or the bar) or would just colour match whichever app I'm using.

Last edited:
I swap between Light and Dark mode on the Pixel from the drop down menu, usually light during the day, and dark in the evenings.
And that directly changes the colour of the gesture hint bar, from what I can see.

I really wish it was transparent, or not there at all (I don't need the hint or the bar) or would just colour match whichever app I'm using.
It's strange because turning the buttons on they don't use up much more space. Do what's the point of using gestures.

Just preference I suppose, always use gestures since they moved the touch buttons off the frame (back in the day when phones had bezels) and into the screen.

I really like having all the screen real estate, even the nav bar could disappear for my liking, but full screen immersive mode doesn't seem to exist anymore :(

Just preference I suppose, always use gestures since they moved the touch buttons off the frame (back in the day when phones had bezels) and into the screen.

I really like having all the screen real estate, even the nav bar could disappear for my liking, but full screen immersive mode doesn't seem to exist anymore :(
I had to suffer the same when moving from oneplus to Pixel. I soon got used to it and now it's no bother.

I do miss OnePlus gestures, cheers for reminding me!

OP has a mode where you can swipe from the bottom from different places to carry out the gestures, left side for back, right for task switcher, middle for home, or change it up and have it however. And you can hide the bar!

After getting a Pixel 8 Pro with dust stuck under the screen, I was going to try a replacement but the customer experience I had with CPW wasn't the best!

Website and a quick call to CPW said I could return for refund or exchange in store, so went there first.
Got to store to be told it's wrong and that they don't deal with online orders.

Called again to book exchange and got cut off, called again and this time they couldn't book as the system was down, said he'd call back but didn't.

Called back again after a couple hours of having enough and going for cancellation instead, the guy asked why I wanted to cancel and said "what's wrong with it?" I said I've changed my mind to which he went on a rant about "change of mind" not being a good enough reason to want to return it!
I just said "I don't like it" to which he said that is a very valid reason.

Madness, but I don't think I'll be dealing with CPW/iD again at least for now, as the CS seems to match quality of CS provided by the parent company now...

Sorry for the rant :D

I remember when they removed the three button layout for the two button pill gesture type layout.
I think I opted to go full gesture then and never looked back.
I have an older Samsung for a work phone and it does my head in with the three button layout, I've now forwarded all calls etc to my personal phone so I have to use it less.

Ok another note, dropped my P8 5 times tonight, still seems ok.

just enabled 120hz. never saw the point in it, but now i have seen it in the flesh, my lord. I can never go back. I forget i have it enabled and go to do something on the phone and it's just so smooth and silky.
Are you even sure it makes a difference. Where are you noticing it makes a difference?

I turned it back off because I think it's bugged. Turn it on and its constantly at 120hz. Turn it off and the display constantly adjusts from 1hz to 60hz depending if the screen is moving. Surely the 120 mode should still utilise this feature to save battery I don't need 120hz when nothing is moving.

Last edited:
Are you even sure it makes a difference. Where are you noticing it makes a difference?

I turned it back off because I think it's bugged. Turn it on and its constantly at 120hz. Turn it off and the display constantly adjusts from 1hz to 60hz depending if the screen is moving. Surely the 120 mode should still utilise this feature to save battery I don't need 120hz when nothing is moving.
Are you using smooth display, or did you force it in the developer settings?

With smooth display turned on mine will sit at 10, or alternate between 10 and 60 when theres no input/movement then ramp up to 120 when there's movement. Obviously if i force it in the developer settings is stays at 120 all the time

Are you using smooth display, or did you force it in the developer settings?

With smooth display turned on mine will sit at 10, or alternate between 10 and 60 when theres no input/movement then ramp up to 120 when there's movement. Obviously if i force it in the developer settings is stays at 120 all the time
Normal setting. Then put the FPS on and it just sits at 120.
Like right now in chrome on this forum not touching the screen sat at 120.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom