• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
So glad family sharing is out, ive been waiting for ages, shane can't play the same at the same though..

Glad it's here and I think messaging has just dropped as well? What's nice is that the family member doesn't need to have a Pro sub to play the games that have been claimed on the main account.

Soldato
I've got my free Premiere Edition coming today. I don't really know much about Stadia, but my brother has a bunch of games in our Family Plan, so I understand I can play them (as long as he isn't at the time). I can play on my phone, or on the TV right? Any tips for someone new to it all?

Associate
I've got my free Premiere Edition coming today. I don't really know much about Stadia, but my brother has a bunch of games in our Family Plan, so I understand I can play them (as long as he isn't at the time). I can play on my phone, or on the TV right? Any tips for someone new to it all?

Hardwire the CCU via ethernet for a better connection would be your best bet.

Bar that, enjoy!

Soldato

Wire the Chromecast if you can.
You can play in anything that runs a Chromebrowser
If the head family member has a Pro sub, you can play any of the Pro games they have played.

Associate
Got my free stadia today. Set up with iOS was painful. Had to use the Mrs’ android in the end. I am impressed with the streaming but very underwhelmed with the lack of games in the subscription

Soldato
Got my free stadia today. Set up with iOS was painful. Had to use the Mrs’ android in the end. I am impressed with the streaming but very underwhelmed with the lack of games in the subscription

The Pro sub also offers other benefits such a 4K streaming. I have only had a Pro sub for around 25 percent of the time I've owned Stadia.

Associate
Its less than a year old, the games aren't too bad on pro, Orc Must Die 3 and PUBG are the stand out titles for me. The main benefits of being a pro subscriber is the sales, they are usually very good, im expecting some good sales next week for the 1 year anniversary.

I drop in and out of pro just for the sales

Soldato
Its less than a year old, the games aren't too bad on pro, Orc Must Die 3 and PUBG are the stand out titles for me. The main benefits of being a pro subscriber is the sales, they are usually very good, im expecting some good sales next week for the 1 year anniversary.

I drop in and out of pro just for the sales

If you've been around Stadia for any length of time, you should, unfortunately, know not to get your hopes up.

Associate
If you've been around Stadia for any length of time, you should, unfortunately, know not to get your hopes up.
Picked up some great sales, Farcry5 £11, Division2 £8, NBA2K20 £2, followed stadia from the very 1st announcement, but picked it up when the free tier was announced, Let's see on Tuesday what, if any sales are on, I cant put down FaryCry5 but I would pick up RDR2 if its heavily discounted

Picked up a second Premier bundle, £45 brand new on the "bay" last night too! Absolute bargain!

Soldato
Picked up some great sales, Farcry5 £11, Division2 £8, NBA2K20 £2, followed stadia from the very 1st announcement, but picked it up when the free tier was announced, Let's see on Tuesday what, if any sales are on, I cant put down FaryCry5 but I would pick up RDR2 if its heavily discounted

Picked up a second Premier bundle, £45 brand new on the "bay" last night too! Absolute bargain!

We are all still waiting for Ubisoft+, it just keeps getting pushed back.

They now have Stadia in the hands of thousands due to the YouTube Promo, now they just need something to get their attention like Fortnight or COD

Permabanned
Tin foil hat post..

Nope its this little thing called wisdom.and experience. Learn how they work bully comments are enough to get your Youtube closed read the rules and tell me its not insane how minor things can lead to account closure. Go do this on a game and kiss them goodbye i know how Google work. They do very little until they are a dominant platform and when they are they become this regimented safe space enforcing law unto themselves.

But go ahead, Rent your games lol you paid £11 to rent Far Cry bro how long until they go the same way all expensive online services do? Bye bye games look at movie UV online Google Stadia is a doomed platform any money spent there is rental at least Steam will never fold. But keep believing its not true.

Soldato
Nope its this little thing called wisdom.and experience. Learn how they work bully comments are enough to get your Youtube closed read the rules and tell me its not insane how minor things can lead to account closure. Go do this on a game and kiss them goodbye i know how Google work. They do very little until they are a dominant platform and when they are they become this regimented safe space enforcing law unto themselves.

But go ahead, Rent your games lol you paid £11 to rent Far Cry bro how long until they go the same way all expensive online services do? Bye bye games look at movie UV online Google Stadia is a doomed platform any money spent there is rental at least Steam will never fold. But keep believing its not true.

Do you use Steam?

Permabanned
As suggested above, this is fairly normal now. Steam, Spotify, Netflix... Sure, you might not use any of them, but honestly, my life wouldn't be as good without these 'rental' services.

I buy my Blurays for a tenner and they last forever and i buy 4k Bluray for £15 each. I own them forever everything you listed apart from steam is rental. Steam is different the platform is so huge it will likely never fold. And even if it did you can download the files and backup to a 4.7gb DVD or a 128gb Bluray. So its not the same as Stadia which relys on streaming.

Stadia is probably making a loss, People are turning on them it is not if but when it folds imo.

Soldato
I buy my Blurays for a tenner and they last forever and i buy 4k Bluray for £15 each. I own them forever everything you listed apart from steam is rental. Steam is different the platform is so huge it will likely never fold. And even if it did you can download the files and backup to a 4.7gb DVD or a 128gb Bluray. So its not the same as Stadia which relys on streaming.

Stadia is probably making a loss, People are turning on them it is not if but when it folds imo.

Steam is also rental. You may well be able to back up your game install files but you rent the usage of that from them. There have been instances before where Steam have removed games from people's library.

Google have vast more money than Valve.

Permabanned
Steam is also rental. You may well be able to back up your game install files but you rent the usage of that from them. There have been instances before where Steam have removed games from people's library.

Google have vast more money than Valve.

When did they remove a game? Google got more money but Valve got there first. I will always be loyal to Steam is has my entire library and as i said i can play offline if they ever fold they can simply allow the program to let you play games that you backed up to DVD.

Stadia only has money, Money can not buy them everything even Chrome and Google are being shunned now for Duckduckgo and Firefox again.

Soldato
When did they remove a game? Google got more money but Valve got there first. I will always be loyal to Steam is has my entire library and as i said i can play offline if they ever fold they can simply allow the program to let you play games that you backed up to DVD.

Stadia only has money, Money can not buy them everything even Chrome and Google are being shunned now for Duckduckgo and Firefox again.

Microsoft buying Bethesda says otherwise.

Soldato
everything you listed apart from steam is rental

Yes, you understand that was kind of the point, right?

I buy my Blurays for a tenner and they last forever and i buy 4k Bluray for £15 each.

That's honestly my idea of hell. So restricted.

I will always be loyal to Steam is has my entire library

It's just kind of funny to me, you lol'd at people renting games... but all your games are rented?!

Back
Top Bottom