• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Missed the Premium offer as i don't sub to YouTube, But have seen loads forsale on facebook, might try and grab one if the price is right.

Bought Legion and Valhalla not really enjoying Legion, but Valhalla is amazing, pretty buggy too but hopefully it wont take too long to update as the bugs are across most platforms.

Google have also paid Capcom $10m apparently to port Resident evil 7 and 8, plus have plans going into 2023, and the Dev's for Chorvs have said they are working with Gen2 blades which is hopefully where the RTX stuff for their game is coming from.

Associate
Nope its this little thing called wisdom.and experience. Learn how they work bully comments are enough to get your Youtube closed read the rules and tell me its not insane how minor things can lead to account closure. Go do this on a game and kiss them goodbye i know how Google work. They do very little until they are a dominant platform and when they are they become this regimented safe space enforcing law unto themselves.

But go ahead, Rent your games lol you paid £11 to rent Far Cry bro how long until they go the same way all expensive online services do? Bye bye games look at movie UV online Google Stadia is a doomed platform any money spent there is rental at least Steam will never fold. But keep believing its not true.
You dont own the game on any platform, you bought a license to play the game, whether you buy digital or physical, Stadia is no different.

Associate
Missed the Premium offer as i don't sub to YouTube, But have seen loads forsale on facebook, might try and grab one if the price is right.

Bought Legion and Valhalla not really enjoying Legion, but Valhalla is amazing, pretty buggy too but hopefully it wont take too long to update as the bugs are across most platforms.

Google have also paid Capcom $10m apparently to port Resident evil 7 and 8, plus have plans going into 2023, and the Dev's for Chorvs have said they are working with Gen2 blades which is hopefully where the RTX stuff for their game is coming from.
I picked up another Premier bundle from the "bay" for only £45, brand new! Plenty on there for around £50 when I looked.

When you think a stadia controller sells for £59.99 and Chromecast Ultra goes for about £50 second hand, its not bad all!

Associate
Well, the Premiere Edition is brand new for £63 at the moment from Google, so I doubt you'd get that for either at the moment?

What phone mount do you guys use with your Stadia?
Didn't know that very good price, but while there brand new ones on the bay for less, ill take the cheaper option.

Orzly stadia mount, works a charm

Soldato
F2P games and Ubisoft+? That's more like it. I don't really want another platform to split my purchases over. And like others, I'm concerned over the platform's future. But I'll quite happily use it if I don't need to make additional purchases.

Permabanned
Yes, you understand that was kind of the point, right?

That's honestly my idea of hell. So restricted.

It's just kind of funny to me, you lol'd at people renting games... but all your games are rented?!

Ok but renting for life then? I consider it ownership if the games as i said if Steam fold they change the Steam function to be an offline exe with a final patch. No more updates or store no bandwidth at all is needed if you got games you rip them to Bluray or DVD or some sort of storage medium. And ta da you keep your games forever? How is this not ownership?

Look at how Stadia works, It streams games? How do you play these games at a later date? Stadia will fold mark my words no one i know uses or talks about it they all own steam games or buy PS5 physical media. How do you stream your games when Stadia folds? The bandwidth costs are huge they need this to be popular forever to stop your game being lost.

Steam has no such issue, It will simply be an offline exe that you import your dowloaded games onto and play them. Massive difference one has security the other none. Buying Stadia games seems crazy.

Soldato
Do you think if a company goes bust they would cover the costs for you to download all your games?

It'll be mayhem with all those Steam users attempting to get access to their accounts before it closes, so best start now...

I'm not saying it'll happen but I feel I need to pluck stuff out of thin air like the next person ;).

Last edited:
Soldato
if Steam fold they change the Steam function to be an offline exe with a final patch.

How do you know Stadia wont do similar? When one of the Movie streaming services shut down recently, they moved all my movies over to Google... so I didn't lose out at all. I would expect, if Google shut down Stadia, they would do similar. Also, Stadia is something people pay for. Google don't have as much a record of closing things things that aren't free. Looks at Google Photos. It's expanded beyond what they can do... so they are changing it to a paid service. No-one looses all their photos.

Associate
Well, the Premiere Edition is brand new for £63 at the moment from Google?

How are you finding the Stadia? How much do the premium games costs i.e. RDR2 and Doom Eternal (I can't seem to find the price list)? I benefit from 200mb Virgin internet so I think the experience should be relatively decent!

I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on this. I haven't had a console since my Gamecube so obviously anything post PS3 is going to impress me and I just want something to potentially while away the hours if there are further lockdowns.

Associate
How are you finding the Stadia? How much do the premium games costs i.e. RDR2 and Doom Eternal (I can't seem to find the price list)? I benefit from 200mb Virgin internet so I think the experience should be relatively decent!

I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on this. I haven't had a console since my Gamecube so obviously anything post PS3 is going to impress me and I just want something to potentially while away the hours if there are further lockdowns.

I have the same 200mg service. I get very few slowdowns and the vast majority of the time it flies along in 4k.

You sound like me in that I am a casual gamer who likes the occasional game but doesn't want to have a console. I bought the starter pack and subscribe to the service for £9 per month. The newer titles are no cheaper on Stadia than anywhere else but I only buy a few. I have played quite a few of the free ones as well. This month one of the free games is Sniper Elite 4 which I would never have bought but am enjoying.

For me the Pros are
- Play anywhere. I switch between desktop PC in the study and Chromecast in the lounge.
- Subscriber games. Some good ones in there and quite a few so you can try a few different things
- Family sharing. Although you can't play the same game at the same time my son and I are sharing AC Valhalla with him playing on his PC and me on mine.

The cons are
- doesn't work very well on a Mac Mini. The Codec is not natively supported so only runs in 1080p

Soldato
Ok but renting for life then? I consider it ownership if the games as i said if Steam fold they change the Steam function to be an offline exe with a final patch. No more updates or store no bandwidth at all is needed if you got games you rip them to Bluray or DVD or some sort of storage medium. And ta da you keep your games forever? How is this not ownership?

Look at how Stadia works, It streams games? How do you play these games at a later date? Stadia will fold mark my words no one i know uses or talks about it they all own steam games or buy PS5 physical media. How do you stream your games when Stadia folds? The bandwidth costs are huge they need this to be popular forever to stop your game being lost.

Steam has no such issue, It will simply be an offline exe that you import your dowloaded games onto and play them. Massive difference one has security the other none. Buying Stadia games seems crazy.

If Steam folds one of the first things to go down will be its servers, they must cost an absolute fortune to run on a daily basis. You're taking a risk nowadays using any online content provider. Frankly, you're taking a risk buying disks nowadays given the reliance of many games on the availability of some online element, even if it's just verification.

Associate
I have the same 200mg service. I get very few slowdowns and the vast majority of the time it flies along in 4k.

You sound like me in that I am a casual gamer who likes the occasional game but doesn't want to have a console. I bought the starter pack and subscribe to the service for £9 per month. The newer titles are no cheaper on Stadia than anywhere else but I only buy a few. I have played quite a few of the free ones as well. This month one of the free games is Sniper Elite 4 which I would never have bought but am enjoying.

For me the Pros are
- Play anywhere. I switch between desktop PC in the study and Chromecast in the lounge.
- Subscriber games. Some good ones in there and quite a few so you can try a few different things
- Family sharing. Although you can't play the same game at the same time my son and I are sharing AC Valhalla with him playing on his PC and me on mine.

The cons are
- doesn't work very well on a Mac Mini. The Codec is not natively supported so only runs in 1080p

That's a really helpful post. Thank you. I think you've made my mind up and I'll take the plunge at £62!

Permabanned
How do you know Stadia wont do similar? When one of the Movie streaming services shut down recently, they moved all my movies over to Google... so I didn't lose out at all. I would expect, if Google shut down Stadia, they would do similar. Also, Stadia is something people pay for. Google don't have as much a record of closing things things that aren't free. Looks at Google Photos. It's expanded beyond what they can do... so they are changing it to a paid service. No-one looses all their photos.

Uh because the costs are massive to Stream 4k? Google are losing cash now obviously to gain market control if they fold who pays for that monumental cost? Its fact as soon as they realize the obvious that they are never going to beat Steam they will fold and you will never be given the same as what happened to movie UV online because the server costs for running stadia games are huge lol. They need to keep them upgraded with the latest hardware and is costing Google a fortune.

Also @Trox they can still let you download it at a trickle, Eventually like torrent you would get your game but it will likely never happen they are the biggest gaming platform and also the pioneers. So there is no comparison if Stadia had a future why does no one i know use or talk about it? Its literally dead apart from a few users. Google using Youtube to give free Stadia adverts will never change it.

And Google have big plans for when they try to dismantle Steam, They will give primetime to woke games this is Googles way of promoting wokeness it is not about money Google are billionaires why even go into Gaming? Because they want to control another ecosystem and introduce the same anti free speech wokeness they did on all thier other platforms. As i said it is all part of the masterplan if you say naughty things on Stadia woops there goes your account! The only time i heard of a Steam user being banned is when they broke VAC rules and cheated. But Google banned me forever for and i quote hateful and or bullying comments. Who in thier right mind whats that to be the number one platform for games? Its crazy you are all wasting your money i will return in a year and you will see.

Associate
EnEcsCPXEAMhvc6

Here’s a few tips for getting the best out of Stadia.

I’ve got a love/hate relationship with it. As a service and what it does. Fantastic. The tech does work regardless of what the naysayers say. But I definitely think they under delivered on what was promised. They’ve made decent strides but they still have lots of work to do.

I see it as a secondary platform that you can jump into from time to time and once I accepted as that, I was fine with what Stadia provides.

Soldato
New promotion today, If you pre order Cyberpunk you'll get a free Stadia Premier controller and CCU, so have done so as could do with another CCu untill the GGtv is properly supported as it's very buggy at the mo.

Back
Top Bottom