Votes: 20 5.3%
  • Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Uh because the costs are massive to Stream 4k? Google are losing cash now obviously to gain market control if they fold who pays for that monumental cost? Its fact as soon as they realize the obvious that they are never going to beat Steam they will fold and you will never be given the same as what happened to movie UV online because the server costs for running stadia games are huge lol. They need to keep them upgraded with the latest hardware and is costing Google a fortune.

I doubt it. These would be known costs going in, so would be accounted for. Also, I stream a lot of 4k video already, as does a lot of the world (you've heard of Netflix, right?) I don't think the cost is that high. I also suspect they are using equipment already in place for storage that actually does very little processing, or even use very little bandwidth as a photo/video locker, so it would make sense to make use of this at very little cost.

The Cyberpunk deal looks too good to be true!
I cancelled my sub a few months ago but kept the hardware and with Destiny2 going free I'll jump back in. Also I've managed to buy a couple of games with money from Googles opinion rewards app which I didn't realise you could do.
In my testing of Stadia,Nvidia,Xcloud, and PsNow I found Stadia to give me the best streaming experiences.
Also.. the controller is absolutely brilliant!

Last edited:
Yeah really good play from Google yesterday.

£50 and you get a CCU, Controller and Cyberpunk. Can't argue with that. Plus those new customers will get a free month of Pro to try out all the other games.

Good stuff.

I doubt it. These would be known costs going in, so would be accounted for. Also, I stream a lot of 4k video already, as does a lot of the world (you've heard of Netflix, right?) I don't think the cost is that high. I also suspect they are using equipment already in place for storage that actually does very little processing, or even use very little bandwidth as a photo/video locker, so it would make sense to make use of this at very little cost.

No they need to upgrade the hardware all the time the costs are huge. I think Stadia use those special non Quadra 3000 series cards that were unreleased. Thkse seem to be for Stadia. So with new AAA games next year they will need to upgrade again. I do not know if this means binning the old hardware or do they add in another card like SLI? Who knows no one will pay for that and bandwidth unless they make a profit.

As i already stated, I have gamed on Steam since 2000 and i can spot these things a mile off no one i know uses Stadia so its a huge red flag. Anything good people i know would use it thats how you know its a doomed platform. You are only getting the Cyberpunk deal as a loss making promotion. They are doing what printer vendors do sell at a loss to get the hardware out there.

And if you all own Steam games, By using Stadia you endanger Steams viability so if you like Steam and own many games it should be in your interest to boycott Stadia.

I had some promotion come up on my phone about stadia.the signed up for free and get a controller and chromecast ultra. I signed up for 3 months, but no mention of the 2 items. Been almost a week now. No emails or anything. Did I do it wrong?

I have gamed on Steam since 2000 and i can spot these things a mile off no one i know uses Stadia so its a huge red flag

You don't game in steam but you say we should boycott stadia to keep steam alive? How weak do you think steam is? Given you don't game on steam and see its been successful, why do you think you not knowing people who play stadia to show stadia will fail?

It's too early to call me me. I don't see stadia being anything difrrerwnt to how VR has been these last few years.

Once the tech is there then I bet it will be amazing, but until then not so much.

No they need to upgrade the hardware all the time the costs are huge. I think Stadia use those special non Quadra 3000 series cards that were unreleased. Thkse seem to be for Stadia. So with new AAA games next year they will need to upgrade again. I do not know if this means binning the old hardware or do they add in another card like SLI? Who knows no one will pay for that and bandwidth unless they make a profit.

So, you think you know better than Google, if they can make a profit from this service? Okay...

You don't game in steam but you say we should boycott stadia to keep steam alive? How weak do you think steam is? Given you don't game on steam and see its been successful, why do you think you not knowing people who play stadia to show stadia will fail?

It's too early to call me me. I don't see stadia being anything difrrerwnt to how VR has been these last few years.

Once the tech is there then I bet it will be amazing, but until then not so much.

Whats this!? Clearly i said i use and game on steam i have been gaming before Steam was even created. I never ever said it was weak, Infact Steam is the OG platform and they will probably always exist as people do not like each Developer doing a boo hoo tantrum and wanting thier own platform like Ubisoft as it creates clutter. Origin, UPlay, Epic store are all getting hate because everyone was happy on Steam but the developers were jealous.

The reason i think people are chucking money away is as i said, If people i knew were using Stadia i would have heard about it. Theres not been anyone the first i saw of this was thier Youtube adverts. And it is not early like VR the techs ready and matures most people have fibre now and they have the money and hardware to stream 4k thanks to the custom Nvidia cards that were leaked pre 3080 release so why is everyone not into it?

Because 99% of folks prefer thier console or thier PC streaming is more of a niche than VR. Infact i actually see people on my Steam list playing HL Alyx etc so it is more popular than Google. With the hardware upgrades biyearly and bandwidth it is not a sustainable business model. It is like a bullet train being used by ten people.

Any facts to back up these frivolous posts?

I'm unsure why you care so much but I'm sure the others appreciate your concern about how they spend their money.

Last edited:
Whats this!? Clearly i said i use and game on steam i have been gaming before Steam was even created. I never ever said it was weak, Infact Steam is the OG platform and they will probably always exist as people do not like each Developer doing a boo hoo tantrum and wanting thier own platform like Ubisoft as it creates clutter. Origin, UPlay, Epic store are all getting hate because everyone was happy on Steam but the developers were jealous.

The reason i think people are chucking money away is as i said, If people i knew were using Stadia i would have heard about it. Theres not been anyone the first i saw of this was thier Youtube adverts. And it is not early like VR the techs ready and matures most people have fibre now and they have the money and hardware to stream 4k thanks to the custom Nvidia cards that were leaked pre 3080 release so why is everyone not into it?

Because 99% of folks prefer thier console or thier PC streaming is more of a niche than VR. Infact i actually see people on my Steam list playing HL Alyx etc so it is more popular than Google. With the hardware upgrades biyearly and bandwidth it is not a sustainable business model. It is like a bullet train being used by ten people.

What an interesting world outlook you have. "I don't see it therefore it is not popular". No one is forcing you to try Stadia (despite the fact it's free and you could) and you are not being hurt or impacted by others using the platform. So why do you care so much?

As i already stated, I have gamed on Steam since 2000 and i can spot these things a mile off no one i know uses Stadia so its a huge red flag. Anything good people i know would use it thats how you know its a doomed platform. You are only getting the Cyberpunk deal as a loss making promotion. They are doing what printer vendors do sell at a loss to get the hardware out there.

And if you all own Steam games, By using Stadia you endanger Steams viability so if you like Steam and own many games it should be in your interest to boycott Stadia.

I think many of us have been using Steam since we were forced to with the release of Half-Life 2. That doesn't make you unique or special. You clearly don't have a fundamental understanding of technology, cloud topology or the industry. Advocating the boycott of Stadia is possbily the dumbest thing I have read this week, which is saying something as I just checked Donald Trump's twitter feed.

Stadia is a FREE console/gaming system and you simply feel threatened by this somehow. Perhaps take a step back and realise that fundamental advances in technology like this are to be celebrated. It may not be for you, but it is a great product for others that have completely different lives and circumstances.

What an interesting world outlook you have. "I don't see it therefore it is not popular". No one is forcing you to try Stadia (despite the fact it's free and you could) and you are not being hurt or impacted by others using the platform. So why do you care so much?

I think many of us have been using Steam since we were forced to with the release of Half-Life 2. That doesn't make you unique or special. You clearly don't have a fundamental understanding of technology, cloud topology or the industry. Advocating the boycott of Stadia is possbily the dumbest thing I have read this week, which is saying something as I just checked Donald Trump's twitter feed.

Stadia is a FREE console/gaming system and you simply feel threatened by this somehow. Perhaps take a step back and realise that fundamental advances in technology like this are to be celebrated. It may not be for you, but it is a great product for others that have completely different lives and circumstances.

Haha do you work for Google? The mention of Trumps twitter and your SM California location says it all really enjoy wasting your money. Also if you are going to call people dumb and special etc and claim they know nothing about how the Stadia cloud works it helps that you actually explain how someone is wrong instead of insulting them. Insults are where people go when they have no other arguement

Also there is nothing to celebrate about a billion dollar anti free speech mafia owning all your games, I do not see this as a good thing i see it a a very bad thing for gaming. The last thing we need is Google telling us which games get made because they decide not to sell games that do not fit thier philosophy aka non woke games. Thats where this goes, Thats why Google want to control gaming.

Haha do you work for Google? The mention of Trumps twitter and your SM California location says it all really enjoy wasting your money. Also if you are going to call people dumb and special etc and claim they know nothing about how the Stadia cloud works it helps that you actually explain how someone is wrong instead of insulting them. Insults are where people go when they have no other arguement

Also there is nothing to celebrate about a billion dollar anti free speech mafia owning all your games, I do not see this as a good thing i see it a a very bad thing for gaming. The last thing we need is Google telling us which games get made because they decide not to sell games that do not fit thier philosophy aka non woke games. Thats where this goes, Thats why Google want to control gaming.

I am not here to educate you about Stadia, I am not trying to convince you to use it. That is your business. But you are spreading false information and making wild assumptions and seem very upset at people that think it is a great platform.

You don't know me or what I do. But I will tell you this, I personally discussed Google Stadia with Dr Lisa Su she is very proud of the Stadia platform that her technology is powering. I suggest you go do even the most basic research before broadcasting your ignorance on a public forum.

I don't work for Google nor do I work for AMD.

The Cyberpunk 2077 promotion has worked its magic, 3 friends, all previously laughed and took pi$$ out of me from pretty much dropping my PC for stadia, have signed up for Pro, tried stadia 1st hand have pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077 on stadia, not PC.. the promotion also got me to pre-order too, something I wasn't going to do as I was happy to wait until next year, but hey, I suppose I could do with 3 controllers and 3 chromecasts ultras..right?

I think you have made your position very clear. As mentioned you are under no obligation to use Stadia or anything Google for that matter. Others are free too if they wish. I am struggling to understand the motivation or aim of your continued belligerence of those who do wish to discuss using Stadia.

I am not here to educate you about Stadia, I am not trying to convince you to use it. That is your business. But you are spreading false information and making wild assumptions and seem very upset at people that think it is a great platform.

You don't know me or what I do. But I will tell you this, I personally discussed Google Stadia with Dr Lisa Su she is very proud of the Stadia platform that her technology is powering. I suggest you go do even the most basic research before broadcasting your ignorance on a public forum.

I don't work for Google nor do I work for AMD.

What was false then? You say wild assumptions whats the wild assumption? That it will fail or that it will be used to dictate gaming popularity and production? Theres nothing wild about that assumption they already did it to Youtube. It used to be "Just a video site" and look what they did to that. All the nasty agenda tricks they pulled there inc deletion of things they do not agree with and general cancel culture attitude will be pushed by Stadia as Google own them all.

No they need to upgrade the hardware all the time the costs are huge. I think Stadia use those special non Quadra 3000 series cards that were unreleased. Thse seem to be for Stadia. So with new AAA games next year they will need to upgrade again. I do not know if this means binning the old hardware or do they add in another card like SLI? Who knows no one will pay for that and bandwidth unless they make a profit.

The stadia sub reddit would love this!

What a load of nonsense, please, educate yourself on something before blindly bashing it.

Stadia uses custom variant of AMD's Vega 54

Stadia does need upgrade the GPU's, that I agree with, but there's no rush to do so, next gen consoles games don't even look that much better right now, and these games will take a awhile to look there past, like every console generation. Right now stadia beats the PS4pro

Doomed platform? This doomed platform has over 100 games within its 1st year of release, a year mostly written off by a pandemic. Google have invested billions into stadia, and has formed its own studios. Games are coming weekly

You used steam since 2000, and? Many of us have been around since then.

Using stadia endangers steams viability? I'm sorry what??? Stafia is cloud based gaming platform, and besides steam is loosing its stranglehold on PC anyway thanks to epic, and I do mean thanks.

Boycott? Nope, no chance ive gamed more on stadia over the past 8 months than I have done in very long time.

Maybe, just maybe you should try it yourself

The stadia sub reddit would love this!

What a load of nonsense, please, educate yourself on something before blindly bashing it.

Stadia uses custom variant of AMD's Vega 54

Stadia does need upgrade the GPU's, that I agree with, but there's no rush to do so, next gen consoles games don't even look that much better right now, and these games will take a awhile to look there past, like every console generation. Right now stadia beats the PS4pro

Doomed platform? This doomed platform has over 100 games within its 1st year of release, a year mostly written off by a pandemic. Google have invested billions into stadia, and has formed its own studios. Games are coming weekly

You used steam since 2000, and? Many of us have been around since then.

Using stadia endangers steams viability? I'm sorry what??? Stafia is cloud based gaming platform, and besides steam is loosing its stranglehold on PC anyway thanks to epic, and I do mean thanks.

Boycott? Nope, no chance ive gamed more on stadia over the past 8 months than I have done in very long time.

Maybe, just maybe you should try it yourself

Oh so all i got wrong was it used the wrong type of GPU. Thanks also for confirming my fear that they formed thier own studio. How surprising! Woke Feminist games made by Google given favouratism on thier own platform. Also spotted your anti Steam outlook you say thanks to Epic for being little children and instead of reconizing Steam had the idea first they want to only sell thier games on thier own platform like a baby who does not want to share toys.

Lol anyone reading this will laugh at being pro Epic store and anti Steam. They will also laugh and know exactly what happened on Youtube like i said will happen on Stadia. You partly proved this i had no idea they were forming thier own studio as i did not think they had the nerve to do it so soon. That is what a few billion can do though, Suck in all the gullable masses. As they say, I was not born again yesterday. :)

Back
Top Bottom