Government to consider banning smoking in pub gardens etc..

Should do, as far as I can see everything that applied to tobacco has applied to vapes in terms of where you can do it.
Legally you can vape wherever you like, if the owner of the property doesn't want you vaping in there that's another matter.

I would suggest pubs and their pub gardens are something quintessentially British and most evocative of British life. I have many joyous memories of pubs and pub gardens, sitting outside the back door of a pub in Yarm with my Grandad as he smokes Woodbines is a memory of him I'll always cherish. Chipping away at the survival of pubs is decidely nanny-ish and shows a lack of love for what makes Britain. The Labour Party is the natural home of the metropoltian snob these days. Next they'll be telling us that Yvette "Stasi" Cooper wants the police to record more non crimes in it's secret files, imagine that......
That's a nostalgia thing. Nobody is destroying pubs and I certainly wouldn't describe smoking fags in pub gardens as 'quintessentially english' - the pub experience is a lot more than that and as I said earlier if pubs want to survive then attracting the vast majority of the population who do not smoke is the only way.

It's the thin end of the wedge. As with the proposed ban on advertising gambling this is just another example of increasing puritanism creeping into the UK.

It's easy to ignore these when they are deemed by many to be disgusting habits, but how long until it's not just someone else's vice that gets banned.

Coincidentally or not both smoking and gambling are haram, so maybe it's just Starmer pandering to the Islamic populace.

Music is also haram so how about putting a ban on jukeboxes in pubs too. Once that's done ban on walking with headphones etc.

As a asthma sufferer, who likes sitting outside of pubs with a beer, I am in agreement. I also hate having to walk past a crowd of smokers when going into the local Hospital as I have to hold my breath as I navigate around them all.

Considering how many people go on about saving pubs and hospitality you'd think that pubs would be full of people supporting them.

Everyone just wants a local British pub that they never bother to go into.

Lots of people will act outraged but they probably don't even frequent pubs regularly anyway. Or if they do it's spoons for a burger and pint.

It's the thin end of the wedge. As with the proposed ban on advertising gambling this is just another example of increasing puritanism creeping into the UK.

It's easy to ignore these when they are deemed by many to be disgusting habits, but how long until it's not just someone else's vice that gets banned.

Coincidentally or not both smoking and gambling are haram, so maybe it's just Starmer pandering to the Islamic populace.

Music is also haram so how about putting a ban on jukeboxes in pubs too. Once that's done ban on walking with headphones etc.
This is quite the stretch.

Pointless, as has been said, people will just smoke off the property or just not frequent the pub. Plumes of vapour and loud drunks will still be an issue(?). Cold diesels turning over is far more of a nuisance than a bit of smoke.

I don't smoke and i don't pub garden, but Keir is losing respect each time he talks about anything that isn't considered a big issue in this country. Distraction tactics don't work when the issues are effecting every person regularly.

test case for when they want to ban all cars that emit exhaust fumes.

They should ban takeaways that sell to people who aren't taking the food home to eat, anywhere with a takeaway will usually be surrounded by rubbish as street sweepers went extinct.

just put a flat tax on all food thats not eat in, or delivered

Last edited:
As a asthma sufferer, who likes sitting outside of pubs with a beer, I am in agreement. I also hate having to walk past a crowd of smokers when going into the local Hospital as I have to hold my breath as I navigate around them all.
My local city centre hospital is crazy. every time I go past there's multiple smokers standing by the entrance kerb.

One side has a bin that's usually overflowing with cigarette butts like a water fountain.

If you rub against it you probably get a nicotine high

Last edited:

Show us on the doll where they touched you buddy, this is a safe space xxx

Back
Top Bottom