Government to consider banning smoking in pub gardens etc..

Legally you can vape wherever you like, if the owner of the property doesn't want you vaping in there that's another matter.
Yeah I was surprised at this when I found out. I went to the pub watching football a few weeks back and everyone was vaping in there. We went to a nicer place later on and my mate was vaping and stood outside so he could smoke it for a bit before going in, and the bouncer said "No problem you can smoke that in here my mate". Jesus it was tempting to go buy a vape (haven't smoked for 4 years).

I don't think the conservatives are in much position to complain about this - they were considering a phased-in outright ban on selling them by gradually raising the age limit.

Starmer said he wouldn't be populist - Lets have an interview with Tsar Chris Whittey to see whether he genuinely thing this is the best bang for the taxpayer buck, versus HFSS(obesity) legislation,
has he realised yet he is being played like he was during covid times.

to Whit. Wegovy is the successor to smoking, profits going abroad/Denmark, and people have to remain on it for life, with the stacking evidence of weight regain when they quit it.

I might be wrong, but I'm sure that smoking contributes more in taxation than treating smoking related illness costs. They're gonna have to plug that hole somehow...

Indeed NHS cost is estimated at £2.5Bn and revenue is £8.8Bn

Tobacco tax doesn't directly fund the NHS though. They go into general taxation.

I'm more than happy for smokers to pay more tax if it saves me some however ;)

Im in 2 minds on this, banning smoking indoors was a welcome change even as a smoker at the time, but this comes across a bit to draconian, pubs are able to set there own rules if they see fit at the end of the day.
As someone put so eloquently on reddit, "its a pub not a health spa"

However some smokers are inconsiderate arse's, i was stuck in a queue at Thorpe park where people seemed to have no issue with sparking up, thats far more annoying than the waft of second hand smoke within an open beer garden.

I'm not a smoker and don't even agree with it but aren't there much bigger things for the government to be worrying about long before smoking?

Back
Top Bottom