1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GPU PRICES: SOME BIG DROPS AT OcUK!!!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Jed Shields

Wise Guy

What's the best graphics card brand for warranty? My Sapphire 390X just died, 2 months after the 2 year warranty was up. Gutted that I need a new one and gutted that the prices are now ridiculously high! What replacement card should I look at, gaming at 2560x1600 with a Ryzen 1700X...

2. evohicks

Hitman

I think this has dropped £40 since last week also, but that extra £20 is worth it over the OEM IMO just for the extra 2 years warranty.

3. evohicks

Hitman

What's your budget?
    Not looked in great detail at all card manufacturers but my Aorus card came with a 4 year warranty if warranty details were entered on their website within 30 days I think, otherwise 3 years.

4. Nelly

Soldato

5. nashathedog

Sgarrista

It's good to see there's loads of stock for all brands and chips now. Hopefully that's because sales are slowing and mining is too, I hope the way we've been treated turns around and bites them on the butt with a flood of ex mining cards on the market going cheap.

6. bol

Associate

Nice to see these deals keep coming, tempted for some ram, can anyone tell me if any
    are Ryzen compatible please?
    Ta

Just checked on sale page, seems it is

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  7. Relentless81

Sgarrista

Still too rich for me, current GPU stays until the prices return to normal, as soon as they do I'll upgrade even if its a long wait.

Good to see its starting though, all the signs are there that normality will slowly return

8. Jed Shields

Wise Guy

Well that's the question ... £3-400 I guess, but not sure if I'd get a significant upgrade with today's prices. Just looked at a review of the Powercolor Red Devil 580 and it doesn't look much better than my 390X. If I'm going to have to buy a new one then I'd at least like to get a decent increase in performance. I may have to ride out the prices and check back in 6 months. My second gaming rig will have to make do.

9. rolypolyman

Mobster

Still not seeing a reason to upgrade from my 980Ti. Any upgrade would still be £750+ and I will never ever pay that for a graphics card, ever. Amd cards still stupid money, I think waiting is the wise thing to do.

10. peahead

Mobster

Great to see some price drops on components especially in the current climate but god damn ram is so expensive now:eek:

I paid £78 for some Team Group Delta 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Red Light back in august 2016.

11. chaparral

Capodecina

But that also means the offers started a day before payday ;)

12. Meddling-Monk

Hitman

@Gibbo or anyone who would know actually.

Powercolor RX 580 Red Devil state a 2 year warranty on their page, but on OcUK it lists 3 years. So is there an error on the OcUK site? Or the 3 year is handled exclusively by OcUK?

13. jwilliamson47

Wise Guy

Good spot.

14. snips86x

Capodecina

The iChill 1080Ti x3 is £6 cheaper than launch...will wait for the next cards I think

15. String

Capodecina

This feels like a stock dump prior to official EOL status... Shiny new tech is inbound soon. ;)

16. Milkybk

Soldato

Tempting to pick up a 2nd 1080Ti so I can run SLI.. The Germanium rig I have runs demanding games on ultra/high settings with over 100 FPS at 1440P. Would love to go up to 4K in the future and still maintain high FPS, especially seeing as Asus are releasing a 4K 27" 144FPS monitor at some point. :)

There's so many different types of the same card now it's all a bit confusing :p. My PC has an ROG Strix in it, temps are great. Not sure how the other coolers/packages would fair with it (or if there would be any problems with space).

17. willhub

Capodecina

GTX1080 is same price and better perf!

18. peahead

Mobster

Wait for the new cards Milky SLI is not worth it:p

19. Milkybk

Soldato

They've been saying they're going to release next generation cards for years, still waiting!

Plus... SLI is so shiny. :p

20. JediFragger

Capodecina

Seriously, don't bother. SLi has generally such support now that it's hardly worth it. I got fed up with it over a year ago with dual 1080's, made the switch to a single powerful card (Ti) and Gsync and it made for a *much* better all-round experience.