• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
My preference is with OCUK tbh and it annoys me when I can't buy from my prefered etailers. Luckily I've had good experiences with several etailers so all is good.
Be very interested to see how prices look in a years time especially on the 1070 a decent 1080 prices. As for AMD prices God knows.

Associate
Yeah I could benifit from a 1070 though. And it would be great. Money not a remote issue. Supporting the price is morally an issue for me. I don't want to see others with less cash get less. I don't want to be part of what I see as a bit of a **** take. I'd rather go without, and hope others would too. Of course if people do want to go for it then I'm happy for them. But I hope there's other people holding off for the greater good. (The greater good, the greater good)

Yh i am i was going to consider getting one of the cheaper sensible 360 pound gainwad ones but then the EU referendum ended that opportunity for me.

Soldato
Fluctuations in stock and demand affect prices and I totally get that along with profit margins. To me even a 1070 @£400 is a bucket load of cash to spend out to get the performance I require @1440p. These 1080p monitor users must be in thier element because the amount of capable 1080p cards is amazing and sub £200 easy.

You're absolutely right, and it's why I moved from 1440p to 1080p. The visual jump wasn't all that impressive tbh and certainly not worth the extra tax on the hardware.

Soldato
People need to stop supporting it. I can drop £400 right now on a 1070 but I simply don't want to support the farse. £300 is my upper limit of what I'm prepared to pay.

Tldr I wish more people were like me, I'm amazing!

I dont support it. Im not willing to pay these inflated prices either.
I'm willing to pay £400 for my cards. Currently there is nothing for £400 that justifies it to me. £400 used to get you a top top top card. Not anymore. I will wait for the pound to recover and or Nvidia to stop extracting the urine and or retailers stop gouging and taking advantage of poor stock levels.

I may be waiting some time....

Associate
I dont support it. Im not willing to pay these inflated prices either.
I'm willing to pay £400 for my cards. Currently there is nothing for £400 that justifies it to me. £400 used to get you a top top top card. Not anymore. I will wait for the pound to recover and or Nvidia to stop extracting the urine and or retailers stop gouging and taking advantage of poor stock levels.

I may be waiting some time....

Good on you! I'll wait with you :D

Associate
People keep saying that the 1000 series will drop in price.

However the 900 series didn't see any price drops until only a few weeks back!

Ahem. If you recall this time last year, the 980 dropped in price after the 980ti launched (to the point where one could buy a good one for £400) and the 970 dropped in price a bit (at least on OCUK) on the day AMD released the R9 300 series. Not by much, but the previously £300 970s were then going for £270/280ish.

I find it insane that people are willing to pay £900 for the msi seahwak,that wont overclock any better than the cheapest 1080.

True dat.

Biggest offender though is the RX 480 IMO. Since AMD promised it would provide an improvement in price to performance. When it quite hasn't done that. Not when we are being charged custom 390 prices (pre-price drop) for a custom 380 (and the better priced 4GB versions are nowhere to be seen). Why it almost seems as if AMD only made a few 4GBs to buy, just so they could lay the claim of a $200 GPU with apprently $500 performance?

Last edited:
Associate
It seems, I was really lucky to buy MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X for £419.
Despite it being very expensive compared to US dollars prices.

Sick sad world.

I can imagine how "investors in property" feel right now. How many GTX 1080's they lost?

Associate
A lot of people in this thread seem to know really well how to run a low margin import business when local currency is collapsing - thank Brexiters for the price increases, more of that to come soon...

Caporegime
GBP is plummeting to new lows., about to hit the 1.2X range.
The currency crahs is even was than i feared.

Only solution is to get a PM with a backbone to stand up for what is best for Britain and formally announce that no Article 50 will be signed.

Associate
GBP is plummeting to new lows., about to hit the 1.2X range.
The currency crahs is even was than i feared.

Worse? It's very mild right now, once Article 50 is invoked we'll get 1.2 or less, and once tax revenues collapse we'll see near parity. DOOMED!!! ...

OcUK Staff
Nearly £1300 for Radeon Duo Pooh!!! Just to play games, Madness.

They have not changed from launch pricing. £1289.99 is MSRP for UK launch and sometimes we place on weekly offer at £1199.99, we own that stock.

However if I was to re-buy today, our new price would be on fresh stock £1455.99, yes nearly £1500 !!!!

So right now they are a bargain! ;)

OcUK Staff
Worse? It's very mild right now, once Article 50 is invoked we'll get 1.2 or less, and once tax revenues collapse we'll see near parity. DOOMED!!! ...

If it drops to around 1.20, that is when pound prices are actually higher than dollar prices. So a $500 product because $550 !!

Due to VAT, shipping and margins, then add on top any gouging due to supply and demand.

It aint looking good, wonder how those exit voters are feeling, thanks for ruining our economy in the short term. My god I do hope things improve otherwise time to pack my bags and move to Germany. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom